Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 276724 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Lord of the Rings Figures...TWILIGHT FRODO at KB.com!!!
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2003, 04:52 AM »
My Arwen set came in the same oversize box.  At first I didn't know WTF had arrived.   ::)

I should get my Frodo tomorrow (today).  Excited!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2003, 12:24 PM »
I had another question for you LOTR experts.  If I can get my wife talked into it, I have considered picking up a few of these figures.  I want to start with a Legolas figure (since my wife is an Orlando Bloom fan, I might get away with it easier), and I am leaning towards the Rohan Armor one (it looks to be the best, and many have said it is?).  It is currently in stock at KBToys.com if I am correct, for $9.99.  I hate to pay shipping on just one figure like that, but I don't know if we can afford for me to order a few at once right now.  Anyways...I was wondering, will this be the best price I can probably find one for?  I know I have never had much luck seeing any Legolas figure in the stores, at least not for very long.  I was just curious if this was a decent deal for this figure or not, or if I should hold out.  Thanks!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2003, 12:34 PM »
Most LOTR figures retail at around $8-$10 so that is a tad bit on the high side, but you are also not going to see that figure on the shelves anymore either.  Might be worth biting the bullet

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2003, 01:08 PM »
That is kind of what I was thinking too OCB, thanks for the advice.  I would rather hold out and see if I could find it in the stores for $7.99 or $8.99, but I don't know if this figure would be easy to find.  I just thought between ebay and other online stores, this might be the best (reliable) deal for me...but I thought I'd ask the experts.  Thanks again!

Also, noticed over at OfftheCard.com, that they have reports of different two/three packs showing up in the Phillipines.  One with Sam, Frodo, and Gollum (repacks), and one with Sauron and Saruman I believe.  Some of the ones that were rumored awhile back I believe.  You guys were right, for the most part a person really could come into this line at any time due to all the repacks :).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 01:11 PM by mosnab »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2003, 02:11 PM »
Found series 2 at my local TRU. I am so goddamn sick of seeing Gollum, especially when TB packs him so that other characters like Prologue Bilbo, Eowyn, and Gandalf the White all end up at one per case. That is so stupid.

I think I'll avoid buying the superposable Gollum. I hate the first version, but I don't want to see another one, ever. The red-boxed version is still sitting around. It's ridiculous.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2003, 02:12 PM »
Prologue Bilbo

In stock at you know where!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Lord of the Rings Figures...Prologue Bilbo at KB.com!!!
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2003, 02:39 PM »
Wow.  KB is the gift that keeps on giving.  I got my TW Frodo today, minty-mint, except for a slight ding in the bubble.  Now rushing off to TRU, since HMI has informed me my Eowyn in Armor awaits...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2003, 03:42 PM »
Lucky for me I have Biblo.  My Frodo came today and he is so cool.  I was going to open him up but he looks so good in the box (actually better in the box) so that is where he is going to stay.  Next week Lord Elrond should arrive.  Oh happy days.....
Beth

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2003, 11:35 PM »
Happiness is a man who owns an Eowyn in Armor.

Thank you HMI!  ;D  So so happy.  I decided to wait for Aragorn and Gollum considering TRU charges $9 for these and those two will be among the easiest scores in the line.

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2003, 12:07 AM »
my Twilight  Frodo came today...in a box about 3 feet long and 2 wide, packed with about 5 feet of bubble pack stuff...and down at the bottom was frodo.

Shockingly, the box was in great condition save for a giant sticker on the bubble, but that came off easy.

I am gonna keep him carded for now...maybe I will open him but I like the eye of sauron behind him....

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2003, 01:18 AM »
You're welcome, Spuffy. I think I'm going to spring for Aragorn, because the local Wal-mart is too stuffed with series 1, and Target isn't stocking them. Plus I've passed on it twice now and regretted it. I might get two, and switch heads with that extra Helm's Deep Aragorn I've got sitting around.

Just need to come across the Crossbow Uruk now. C'mon, KB, come through for me again.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2003, 04:42 AM »
That is true about Target and WM... hmm.  Perhaps I should reconsider.  I was also going to head swap with the HD Aragorn, although the upcoming King Aragorn may be a better fit, assuming of course the crown comes off.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2003, 02:30 PM »
KB's brick-and-mortar stores are getting in ROTK figures now. I found series 1 and 2 there, the cases that feature Gandalf the White and the Crossbow Uruk. And they've raised the price to $9.99 a crack, which is what I paid at Suncoast, which I also felt was a bit high. (Especially for Prologue Bilbo.)

So, all I need now are Superposable Gollum and 8" Treebeard to complete my collection, and my apathy towards these two in unequaled, so I guess my collection is complete enough for me. :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2003, 03:32 PM »
Runs out the door to KB.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2003, 08:28 PM »
Got my Crossbow Uruk!   ;D  Thanks once again to HMI.  Had to leave Gandalf, which may come back to bite me on the you know what, on account of the $10 price tag.  The Uruk is fantastic, one of the best figures in the line.