Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 276729 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Lord of the Rings Figures
« Reply #210 on: October 2, 2003, 02:29 AM »
I'm running out of room as it is. Plus the scrib I've blown on these. I think I've reached the point where I'm satisfied, I just seek new versions of characters or all new characters.

Though the repack idea might be good for those that didn't get in on it Day One.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 4, 2003, 09:16 PM »
I found the Armored Troll at TRU today. It's in a blue box, and it isn't packed like the first Troll. This has a window box instead of an open one.

I didn't find the price because I didn't want to buy it, but I doubt it will be more than what the first Troll sold for.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #212 on: October 4, 2003, 09:27 PM »
Thanks to HMI for another assist - Eowyn and Bilbo!  At long last, the White Lady is mine.   ;D

I saw the Horse and Rider sets at TRU today and was really disappointed in all of them, except maybe the Warg.  I'll be sticking to AOME for the horse sets from here on in anyhow, since they are covering many Toybiz won't go near.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 5, 2003, 06:30 AM »
I found the Armored Troll at TRU today. It's in a blue box, and it isn't packed like the first Troll. This has a window box instead of an open one.

Well, I guess they did that so people wouldn't pull this troll's face off.  As for the scene at the black gate of Mordor, I can only wonder when someone might make a crazy diorama with the two gate trolls.

But, it's figures like this that make me wonder:  if they can make the cave troll, Treebeard, and the gate trolls, why can't they make the Balrog?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 5, 2003, 02:40 PM »
The retailers won't bite. Well, Wal-Mart won't anyway. It could be a TRU exclusive, but I don't really think TB cares anymore.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 8, 2003, 06:19 AM »
Hey, I spotted a ROTK packaged Aragorn/Gimli/Legolas 3-pack at a local comic shop.  It was priced too high there, but does anyone know if this is coming out to mass retail?

I'm also hoping at some point that the King Elendil - Gilgallad 2-pack from FOTR sees the light of day at some point.  Anyone ever see a picture of it?  And for that matter, what about a figure of Isildur?

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 8, 2003, 01:45 PM »
As far as anyone knows, those multi-packs like that are European exclusives.

I haven't seen any figure pics of any Prologue figures like Elendil. I wonder if they were even sculpted.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 9, 2003, 11:26 AM »
Did they ever make an Arwen action figure, by herself, not the one with her and the horse.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #218 on: October 9, 2003, 02:06 PM »
No, not yet anyway.  A repack of the horse set is coming early next year from the sounds of it, and a little later a new version from ROTK.  Hopefully.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 9, 2003, 10:35 PM »
I've been seeing the green boxed Arwen with Asfaloth and wounded Frodo showing up at Target again recently.  Strange, if you ask me.  That, along with the FOTR reissues have been showing up at KayBee as well.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #220 on: October 10, 2003, 04:49 AM »
And suddenly everybody has TW Frodo.  KB.com, AFXpress, and BBTS all had him recently.  Hmm.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 10, 2003, 12:38 PM »
I was curious, I was hoping to pick up a Gandalf (or Aragorn) next...and I was wondering what the differences were between TTT Gandalf, and the ROTK version.  I've seen pics of the Two Towers one, but nothing really of the new release.  I was wondering if one is better than the other, if they are about the same, or any other opinions you guys have on them.  I hope to just get one version of each character for now, so I guess I'm looking for which one is the best.  Thanks for any advice.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2003, 12:54 PM »
As far as Gandalf the White goes, your best bet is the one in the ROTK box. It's actually white, unlike the TTT version, and cheaper than the one packed with Shadowfax.

Probably the best Aragorn would be the Helm's Deep version, or even the Pelennor Fields one, but I'll wait until the one that comes out in series 4 to make any 'best of' judgements.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2003, 01:04 PM »
Thanks for the advice HMI, I was kind of leaning towards that version as well...plus hopefully the ROTK figures will be a little easier for me to find, since I'm playing catch up.  I've been thinking about getting the PF Aragorn as well, seems to be the best so far from what I have been seeing/hearing.  Hopefully I can find one or both this weekend :)

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2003, 07:59 PM »
Well, I finally did it.....today I broke down and bought two LOTR figures. I picked up the ROTK Urak with crossbow and ROTK Sam Gamgee..........I must say that I'm impressed with these figures!  

I'd been fighting the urge to get into these figures.......but these two figs kept kalling my name on the pegs today.......I got home and ripped them open.......nice articulation,wonderful detailing......ok, I guess I'm now hooked on LOTR ;)
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders