Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 276671 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of the Rings Figures
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2003, 02:02 PM »
The 6" line continues:

More HUGE NEWS: Lord of the Rings...to be CONTINUED!!
Happy Halloween indeed! We contacted Damon Nee, license manager for Toybiz's Lord of the Rings line, asking a couple detailed questions about the Rotocast line and the future of it and the 12" line. What he said may come as a pleasant surprise to everyone:

"Glad you like the 12" figures. We are really happy with them and I think the Aragorn is the best Viggo likeness to date. We are looking into continuing the 12" line (not Rotocast, but the 12" line with cloth clothing) but nothing that can be officially released at this point. With the anticipation of the conclusion of the trilogy we are not yet looking to conclude our toy line. We are still looking into new potential items to add to our 6" LOTR universe."

The fact that he lets on that the 6" line is not dead and they are looking to continue beyond the end of the movies is great news. He summed up in a single reply what we wanted to hear from Toybiz for several months now. He captured in his one response what LOTRG.com failed to convey in their 4-part, month-long interview with Jesse Falcon. Toyfare is coming in Feb/Mar of 2004...expect some pleasant surprises for next year!

got this from The Green Dragon.com.

Enjoy!!!

Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2003, 03:06 PM »
This is one of those "And the sky is blue" moments.  I know a lot of folks have issues with TB, but the folks at TheGD seem to think that TB planned to just drop LOTR once ROTK left theaters, despite their revenues going up over the life of the line.   Part of the problem is TB isn't as involved as say Hasbro with its own customers.  There's absolutely no connection to collectors at all.  So it takes obvious pronouncements like this to counter perceptions they let swirl out of control.

Sigh.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #272 on: November 1, 2003, 09:23 AM »
I believe the package change is due to the new lower price drop on the figures. I do not care one way or the other for the package.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #273 on: November 1, 2003, 11:38 AM »
Well, if it's for a price drop, it's cool with me. That and I won't be buying packaged figures anymore, because these don't fit in with everything else.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 3, 2003, 11:17 AM »
Well i hope the price does go down, i would say $4.99, sounds good.  

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #275 on: November 4, 2003, 02:24 AM »
It's supposed to be $5.99 at TRU according to GD.com, so maybe it will be closer to $4.99 elsewhere.  Praying.  These are hitting Singapore, so hopefully they'll be here in a few weeks!

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 4, 2003, 10:52 AM »
let's hope they will.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #277 on: November 4, 2003, 11:37 AM »
So we've been paying $3-$4 for packaging...that sort of ticks me off :-\

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 4, 2003, 05:54 PM »
Ok, if anyone spots the Barbie and Ken set (as Arwen and Aragorn), please let me know.  I need the outfits and will be using the dolls for some customizing.  I know it's in the same blue packaging as the regular line but I have no idea if it will be hard to find or not.  It is suppose to be released sometime this month.

Thanks in advance.

PS:  Does anyone think the Legolas is just a repack of the one on the skateboard from TTT??
Beth

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #279 on: November 4, 2003, 09:58 PM »
I'll keep an eye out, jadesfire.  

I think Legolas is the skateboard one, with maybe a few alterations.  I haven't seen a good enough pic to tell.  If he is, I'll probably skip him, because I don't need ANOTHER Rohan Legolas.  (I have three.)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 4, 2003, 10:30 PM »
I have some LOTR figures and I got the Treebeard figure last week.  It is one of the coolest toys in my collection including star wars figures.  Maybe Ephant Mon, Coleman Trebor and a few other are cooler than Treebeard.  A must get.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #281 on: November 5, 2003, 04:46 AM »
Did you get the big Treebeard or the little Treebeard, Dressel?  I got the little one just today, and I like it, too.  It would be nice if this leads to another Ent or two.  

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 5, 2003, 10:06 AM »
I bought both Treebeard's a couple weeks ago....and in my opinion the electronit tall Treebeard is definatly in the top 10 of my favorites in my toy collection.
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 5, 2003, 11:00 AM »
I have the 8" figure of Treebeard

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 5, 2003, 07:03 PM »
I don't collect this line, but have a few friends that do.  Yesterday I came across several figures that I hadn't seen in the aisles before - Crossbow Uruk Hai, Twilight Ringwraith, and the white dress Eowyn.  Are those currently HTF?  I'll head back and snag them for my buddies if they are.  They'll occasionally swap me some good SW stuff when I hook them up with HTF LOTR goodies.  I dropped them a line, but haven't heard back yet on if they need them or not.

Personally, I like the looks of that miniature LOTR line, since it's more conducive to some big and very cool playsets!   8)