Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 277938 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Lord of the Rings Figures
« Reply #315 on: November 24, 2003, 03:26 PM »
I don't like it either, but since I'm an opener, I don't mind so much.  I was sort of looking forward to adding a King Aragorn and Armored Witch King to my carded collection, but alas...

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2003, 11:02 AM »
i want to see a pic of armored witch king.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2003, 02:18 PM »
www.thegd.com had some small pics of Games Workshop stuff, one pic was of the Armored Witchking. They were on the main page last week, they might still be there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 25, 2003, 02:20 PM »
oh, yea i saw those ones, but i thought you already saw the 6" version.  But thanks. :)

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2003, 02:55 PM »
Picked up the "There And Back Again" set during the week.  Nice, new versions of our favorite tricksy Hobbitses!  Can't wait to open it when I get home!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #320 on: November 30, 2003, 09:11 PM »
That set is great stuff. Good on Toybiz to put out five all-new figures in a boxed set.

Spuffy-what arms did you use on your Amon Hen Aragorn custom?  I've an extra FOTR Strider here and I don't think those arms are right.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #321 on: November 30, 2003, 11:08 PM »
They're not exactly right, but close enough for my purposes.  I just took the coat off and painted them a sort of blue-gray mix.  I think a better candidate for this would be the Aragorn that comes with Brego, since he has Boromir's gauntlets.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 2, 2003, 11:13 AM »
Picked up the following at KB Toys last night, they just got some FOTR and TT figures in stock they had : Galadriel, Twilight Witchking, Frodo with Sting, and Aragorn (Helm's Deep) ,and from FOTR they had : Witchking, Legolas, Newborn Lurtz, and Strider and Frodo.  I got Galadriel, TW, Witchking, Legolas, and Newborn Lurtz so i had a good night, although i bought them to open, but still.  

They also said they will be getting ROTK figures in stock on Thursday night. Maybe they will have Prologue Bilbo, or Eowyn (Edoras), or maybe even Crossbow Uruk-Hai!! ;)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 2, 2003, 11:28 AM »
The Hobbit in the Works?Movies: New Line Cinema and "The Hobbit" In the Works?
Mark Ordesky, Executive Producer on the Rings Trilogy, has recently been quoted as saying "A Hobbit Movie could be made in the future." Peter Jackson has also reportedly expressed interest in translating one more of Tolkeins Works to the Big Screen...AFTER his new project of remaking the 1930's cult classic King Kong. ABC news has a full report on their site HERE!.

TheGD Opinion: New Line would be stupid NOT to make The Hobbit into a live action movie. Just think of all of the promotional tie-ins, product licensing, toy licensing, etc. The Hobbit alone would be a billion dollar enterprise...and with the current Lord of the Rings Trilogy as a foundation...hello...New Line...are you listening?

The GD had this write up, very intersting?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 2, 2003, 12:36 PM »
Are any blue packaged figures decent trade bait still?  I recall much excited conversation about Uruk-Hai with crossbow and Eowyn in armor.  Any of these useful?

Our blue boxes have finally started showing up (bilogo) and these seem rather common?  Thanks for any help, if you need any of these, just lmk.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 2, 2003, 01:49 PM »
which have you seen?

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 2, 2003, 01:51 PM »
i can probably get you a Eowyn in Armor but the Corssbow Uruk-Hai will be a little difficult but i can see what i can do.

But which ones have you seen? And which ones are not rare over where you are at.?
 ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 2, 2003, 01:56 PM »
Oh I don't collect these.  I bailed on this line very, very early after seeing the potential for figures and the $$ impact on my wallet.  

I'm seeing lots of the blue figures at three different retailers.  Eowyn in armor is plentiful.  Uruk-Hai is plentiful (yes, with crossbow).  Sam in armor and all of the rest of this wave, seemingly armored.  

It would be a treat if I were collecting these.  I could actually buy something locally at retail.  That would be a novelty.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 2, 2003, 02:14 PM »
KBToys.com lowered their prices now their figures are ROTK - $7.99  Two Towers - $7.19 pretty sweet, me likes!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #329 on: December 2, 2003, 03:15 PM »
The only one I'm still looking for is ROTK Gandalf the White.  I saw him once at KB but he was $10, so I decided to wait.  All the stores have around here are Gollum and Smeagol, or Frodo and Eomer.