Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 277726 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #465 on: January 13, 2004, 01:33 AM »
Damn, I hope Target decides to lower its prices back down to $5. If this continues in 2005, I'm going to be one broke geek. This year is looking bad enough. I'm already at $89 for the year, according to the thread in Watto's. Ooof.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 13, 2004, 02:51 AM »
BTW, what the hell is a 'Bilbo Transfixed'? Is it from that scene in Rivendell where he gets all Gollum-y?

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #467 on: January 13, 2004, 03:09 AM »
As soon as I saw that, those wacky "real Ghostbusters" figures, where their eyes pop out and their jaw drops, came to mind.

They are seriously going to make a figure of him for all 1 second he was in that state of posession? Same for the Twilight Ringwraith, and his 4 second stabbing scene action.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #468 on: January 13, 2004, 10:26 PM »
TB's interest in Bilbo is curious.  With the two coming this year, that will make 5 different versions of a decidedly minor character.  I'm not complaining, since I like him, but very few of the main characters have been treated so well.  

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 14, 2004, 12:10 AM »
yea, i agree we need more : Arwen, Elrond, Merry, Pippin, Saruman, Sauron, Gimli, Eowyn, Possesed Theoden, etcc...... Instead of a Bilbi (Transfixed), Bilbo (B-Day), Bilbo (Traveling), Bilbo (Traveling - Recard), Prologue Bilbo.  Re-dickulious!!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 14, 2004, 12:47 AM »
I can only imagine how many Bilbos Toy Biz will crank out when The Hobbit flick hits the screens, provided they still have the license by then.

Oh well. I just wish they'd fix that Bilbo that comes in the TaBA set. It still doesn't look like really old Bilbo to me.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 14, 2004, 10:54 AM »
yea really huh, that will be alot, i havent even read The Hobbit, which characters from LOTR are in there?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #472 on: January 14, 2004, 11:29 AM »
Gandalf
Bilbo
Gollum
Elrond

I think some of Gimli's relatives (his dad maybe?) are in there (there are 13 Dwarves that go on the journey) too but can't remember right now and  I think his dad was at the council of Elrond meeting in Rivendell

I highly recommend reading it Mainland, its a great little book

Oh and there is a scene in the FOTR:EE that is part of The Hobbit book where three trolls are frozen in stone
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 11:40 AM by OCB »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 14, 2004, 11:52 AM »
It could be that, or when he's holding the ring in Bag End, and calls it "My precious" in the scene with Gandalf after the party.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 14, 2004, 12:57 PM »
Or maybe it's like Twilight Frodo, where Bilbo puts the Ring on to leave the party. Hell, I don't know.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 14, 2004, 02:24 PM »
Gandalf
Bilbo
Gollum
Elrond

I think some of Gimli's relatives (his dad maybe?) are in there (there are 13 Dwarves that go on the journey) too but can't remember right now and  I think his dad was at the council of Elrond meeting in Rivendell

I highly recommend reading it Mainland, its a great little book

Oh and there is a scene in the FOTR:EE that is part of The Hobbit book where three trolls are frozen in stone

I am going to read it, i just bought the whole tilogy of books and finished reading all the LOTR books, already i finsished ROTK right before it came out.  I am looking forward to The Hobbit, is Frodo in it?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #476 on: January 14, 2004, 02:29 PM »
No...

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 14, 2004, 02:30 PM »
hes not, oh ok.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #478 on: January 14, 2004, 03:42 PM »
I don't think he's alive when the Hobbit takes place.

There's a new Ranger character, a dragon called Smog, spiders similar to Shelob...  Lots of stuff there.

And if I'm not mistaken, the River Folk are involved?  And Warg riders as well...

There's a town with humans in it, and I'm unsure of whether or not they're Gondorians or not...  I seem to recall my brother saying it's a distant Gondorian province similar to the town with the Prancing Pony in it.

I read the book when I was 12 so it's been ages ago.  There's a cartoon that goes with The Hobbit (There's some for LOTR too, but they're not as good as the Hobbit), which is quite nice and interesting.

The LOTR toons are not great.  Fellowship is a good one, really good actually, but the 2nd and 3rd toons are pretty weird.  A good watch, and you'll be left scratching your head after seeing all of them, but not exactly "accurate" when you get to the 2nd and 3rd ones.  Or at least not accurate in my eyes anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #479 on: January 14, 2004, 03:58 PM »
The journey follows the first part of the LOTR Hobbits to Rivendell pretty much...the Fellowship goes south while the Dwarves, Gandalf and Bilbo head East to the Lonely Mountain.  The Mines of Moria goes under the Same Misty Mountains that the group in the Hobbit go over

There is a nice map of MIddle Earth here (if you have Acrobat)

http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~cbernd/pdf/middleEarth03_ltr.pdf

The town is called Dale near the lonely mountain

The detail of the whole world is what for me makes this saga so much more than what SW ever was and will be...