Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 277918 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #630 on: March 10, 2004, 02:52 PM »
I've been thinking quite similar to you Morgbug, I really like this line (and want to collect it), but haven't been sure if/how I can justify it (especially to the Mrs.)  She thinks I collect plenty with Star Wars alone.  I should have just bought the FOTR box set earlier too, but now there are current figures I like as well.  And, like you said, at the prices now they are so much more tempting.  I know one thing, if these had been 3 3/4" I think I would have been all over them from the get-go....although they do a great job with these 6" figures too....but space is a premium in our office right now :P.

Oh...by the way, thanks for the offer of the Gimli, Morgbug.  I'll have to wait and see what I'm going to do about this line right now, but I really do appreciate the offer.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 02:53 PM by mosnab »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 10, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Man...I just rearranged my shelves and it seems like I have 5 Legolas and 3 of them are almost identical...can anyone detail his costume changes through the Saga so I can group them accordingly.  I believe 3 of them are forms of a Helm's Deep version One is from FOTR and one is the ROTK figure that just came out.  

FOTR:   This one is easy to tell as he has no cape.  When starring at him the hair on your right is in two sections and sticking straight out at you and the piece on the left is in front, laying on the shoulder.  The tunic is not as long as the TTT ones and his shirt underneath is silver.

***If you have a Legolas from the deluxe gift pack of nine, you might also have a cloth cape (and is one of the rarer ones around).

TTT (Legolas in Rohan armor):  Has a cape that flows behind his back and isn't as "flared out" as his other TTT likeness.  Hair is still in front, on both sides but the piece facing you on the right is only one swirl instead of two.
He has a lot more buckles on this one, with two belts and two loops over his left shoulder and one over his right.  He also comes with five arrows instead of four (like FOTR did).  
***If you have a Legolas that came in the Helms Deep battle set of five, his tunic is the brighter green mentioned below in the ROTK review.

TTT (Legolas in Rohan armor with skateboard shield):  This one has the same equipment and body of the first Rohan one but with a "swirling" cape (think Lando-bespin) and a new head sculpt where his hair has the wind blown effect.    His shirt underneath is also darker now, almost silver/black.

TTT (Legolas from horse two-pack):  Uses the FOTR body and head sculpt of skateboarding Legolas.  Also comes with a cloth cape.

ROTK:  (in Rohan armor):  Really similiar to the Legolas from the horse set described above but has sharper coloring on vest.  More of a bright green with a nice blue coloring on the shirt underneath and a darker green on the pants.  Has the regular plastic cape also.  

What I'd like to see is Legolas-coronation and Legolas-lament to Gandalf.
At least he has a different outfit in one and loses his green tunic in the other.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 05:05 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #632 on: March 11, 2004, 11:03 PM »
Thanks Beth!  Now to pare out the ones I no longer need, Brian, you seem to dig Legolas, want a couple :P

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 15, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Went to K-Mart today, and they had lots of Trilogy figures, tons!!! And not for 9.99 but 7.99 all of them, were 7.99, they Harad Archer, Crossbow Uruk-Hai, Legolas (ROTK), Treeebeard, Arwen, Bilbo, Eowyn, Gandalf the Grey, and pegwarmers. Frodo with Sting, Aragorn, Pippin, Eomer, and Witchking, and Boromir.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #634 on: March 15, 2004, 11:14 AM »
Does anyone need a Trilogy Arwen, I bought her thinking I needed to upgrade the Horse set one, she's nothing really special though so she's up for grabs...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 15, 2004, 04:06 PM »
I bought one.  I think the light-up Evenstar is cool, and she's got her sword.  On a similar subject, has anyone noticed just how tall this figure is?  I had her next to my King Aragorn figure, and she towers over him!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 15, 2004, 06:04 PM »
If anyone finds any Elrond, Galadriel, or Prologue Elven Warrior figures would you pick them up for me?  I would really appreciate it, and you will be rembursed. ;)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 20, 2004, 09:08 PM »
Made a stop at KBToys this afternoon, and they had so many Trilogy figures!

I found :
8 x Frodo
8 x Eomer
8x Aragorn
8x Strider
1x Eowyn
1x King Theoden
8 x King Aragorn
4x Pippin
1x Twilight Ringwraith
2x Witchking Ringwraith
1x Crossbow Uruk-Hai
2x Arwen
1x Bilbo

And Retro-Packed Figures:
5x Ugluk
2x Ringwraith
7x Grishnack
1x Berserker Uruk-Hai
and the normal - Gollums, Smeagols!

I was shocked at all the Trilogy figures they had, and they also were more organized, their were 3 Sections of LOTR figures!!! They just got done remodeling this month!

Also, went to Suncoast, and they had nothing new since Janurary, this is what they have:
1x Aragorn (Helm's Deep)
2x Smeagols.

That is all!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #638 on: March 20, 2004, 11:14 PM »
If anyone finds the following figures at their KB's:

TTT retro Faramir
TTT retro Gondorian Ranger
TTT retro Elven Cloaked Frodo
TTT retro Easterling

Would you consider picking them up for me?  Need them, and all the KB's in Iowa are history.

Also, check out Target.  They're clearancing out some old stock, including retro figs for $3.48 and horse sets for $12.  I got the Legolas/Arod set today and Eowyn in Armor.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #639 on: March 21, 2004, 01:13 AM »
Damn. Never thought I'd miss KB till it was gone.

Guess I'll have to console myself with my $12 Horse and Rider sets I finally picked up. :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 21, 2004, 01:24 AM »
Sure, I would be gladly to pick those up for you the next time I see them.  No problem!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #641 on: March 21, 2004, 04:23 PM »
Thank you!   ;D

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 23, 2004, 01:48 PM »
I WANT NEW FIGURES!!!!  WHen are they due again?
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 23, 2004, 01:56 PM »
Which ones?  The Trilogy figures that were alredy out or the new series? ???

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #644 on: March 23, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Anyone know where the Mouth of Sauron pics are???