Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 276711 times)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Lord of the Rings Figures
« on: April 3, 2003, 02:41 PM »
My other favorite thing beside Star Wars is Lord of the Rings.  I've read the book oodles of times and downloaded a copy of The Two Towers (shh :)) and have watched it a ton of times.

I really like the movies.  They are great.  I don't like that they made Arwen a lot bigger part of Fellowship but it is a large part of Return of the King and the appendix.  

My favorite movie scene has to be the Helm's Deep battle so far.  I am looking forward to the Pellenor Fields battle more though.  I wonder if they will show the catapulted heads?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 09:49 AM by OCB »
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of the Rings
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2003, 02:46 PM »
shush shush shush, i haven't read return of the kinds, and I don't wanna know anything until i see the movie!!!

but yes, LOTR kicks major butt. My favorite scene from TFOTR is the mines or moria. That whole sequence was great. From TTT it is prolly.... jeez, so many... well I liked helms deep a lot too :P
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2003, 02:49 PM »
Whoops sorry Depmode  :-[  Not a big spoiler though

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2003, 09:18 PM »
LOTR kicks ar$e!!! I have the Two Towers on DVD and I have watched it so many times that I know all the words. My favorite speech in the movie is at the end that Sam says to Frodo when things start to change for the better and give hope for them to go on.

I cannot wait until Return of the King.

You can view my LOTR collection at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bobabinkstoys/index.htm
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2003, 11:23 AM »
I got TTT Wave 4 last week and opened them last night...

GollumI finally opened my Gollum last night and I like him. I wish his head, fingers and torso were more bendy than they are but for the most part he is a cool little figure.  Nice detail, I would have liked a plastic articulated version instead of a bendy I guess.  There is ROTK Gollum coming I believe

Armored Theoden is a nice figure, very detailed, huge button sticking out of his back. I really like the costume and paint apps though. Nice figure, good articulation. Could do without the button

Sam in Mordor is nice but I think i might have just broken his arm taking him of the package. A ton better than the FOTR Sam, not sure if he is the same as the boat Sam, because I don't have that one. Very nice articulation (knees, feet, shoulders, bicep, elbow, wrist, waist, hip, head) Looks to be the right scale and a good likeness, again another nice figure

Helm's Deep Legolas is another awesome Legolas figure. Why they have him down and Aragorn shamed I have no idea. The Helm's Deep detailing is super cool and again very nice articulation on all three of these figures. I am amazed at the intricacies and little swirls they put into the arms and boots on Legolas., The skateboard shield is so so, I thought it was dumb in the movie too

So

Theoden B
Sam B+
Legolas A-
Gollum B (Could have more articulation, or they should have not went bendy on him)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 5, 2003, 11:27 AM »
David, kudos again on those sweet Backgrounds.  I may "steal" that idea and start printing some off for my bookshelves.  Your collection is truly amazing!   I love your SW display as well...

Do you print them on glossy photo paper or just regular paper?

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2003, 02:27 PM »
My backdrops are printed on flat plotter paper from work. I could take my created images to Kinkos and print them on banner paper but it it free at work. :)

I just made another backdrop. It is all hazy with the Tower in the distance.
As soon as I find Wave 4 I will post newer images.

I have heard that SunCoast Video is taking Pre-Orders on the Helms Deep 5-pack.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: April 7, 2003, 12:59 PM »
I hope that 5 pack comes to be because I really think it is sweet.  I had heard rumblings that it wasn't going to see the light of day which I why I ordered Wave 4, I had skipped Helm's Deep Aragorn though.  I would like that Gimli and Haldir though

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 7, 2003, 03:23 PM »
Wow Boba Binks that is some nice toys!  I like all of your displays very much!  It is cool how you hung the ships from the cieling like that...

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #9 on: April 7, 2003, 04:34 PM »
Thanks!

Today I found Wave #4 Gollum. :) Now three more to go, well four Twilight Frodo.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Lord of the Rings Figures
« Reply #10 on: May 7, 2003, 12:54 PM »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 10:29 AM by OCB »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: SPOILER: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Figures!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 7, 2003, 02:09 PM »
Very cool!  Can't wait for the final flick from the second greatest trilogy of all time!

Not that I collect the LOTR figures, but those look pretty nice!  Their likenesses are becoming extremely  well done (Hasbro, take note please) - much better than the first two movies' figures...

That Gollum with interchangeable noggin (to/from Smeagol) is brilliant.  That's a great figure.  A simple head swap does wonders to that figure's character (again, Hasbro - please take note)...

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 7, 2003, 03:54 PM »
Wow!  That Aragorn looks great and so do Sam and Frodo.  I can't wait for this movie.  Where is the trailer?

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #13 on: May 7, 2003, 08:30 PM »
After RofTK, I wonder how long this line will last. I must have all these figures. :)
I love LOTRs.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #14 on: May 7, 2003, 09:02 PM »
I don't own any other figures other than Star Wars, but these LOTR figures are VERY cool.  Might have to try to convince the wife about starting up another collecting hobby.

;)
dustrho