Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 280010 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #900 on: November 8, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Thanks for those pics Ben.  I noticed today that theGD.com has some Pics up of FOTR Series 4.  Apparently they have been released in Singapore.  This wave doesn't look too bad...apparently the SP Strider is missing thus far though, don't know if it is delayed or what.  Click the linky for some pics.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 8, 2004, 05:04 PM »
I really wish I would have waited for Gandalf the Gray as that one looks fantastic, but one of each of this line is enough.  All I need out of this group is Isildur (and PJ, of course  ;)).

Very cool pic's though and I await their arrival to Canada (since they never seem to stop in Michigan ::) ).

Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #902 on: November 8, 2004, 05:08 PM »
I think I'll just be buying Bilbo, Isildur, Strider and PJ (who has Scalper Target written all over it), Boromir is a maybe

Gandalf and Legolas don't seem that improved over previous versions

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #903 on: November 8, 2004, 06:05 PM »
I'm beginning to think there's a shred of truth to that story a few pages back about certain TRUs dropping the LOTR and ML lines. My local one hasn't received ANYTHING from these lines for months.

And I've been to two other Iowa TRUs recently, and they've had the latest figures on the pegs from those lines.

It just isn't fair. :'(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 8, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Hey, I'm happy to trade with anyone that needs them, we seem of late to be leading the pack.  Most we see are on the bilogo packaging, but if you open, I'll happily assist in any way I can.  Beth, of course, already has her order in. 

and PJ (who has Scalper Target written all over it),

:-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #905 on: November 8, 2004, 11:11 PM »
Just outta curiosity, is there SOMEWHERE I can go and find a complete list of LOTR figures released so far?

My brother's in school for his Dr., and he's busy busy of course, and I try keeping him updated on LOTR but I know now he's VERY behind.  I've never seen a Shelob for example (I'd like one for myself even) and he's behind all the nifty army builders once rumored, and the other Elf, etc., etc...

I just saw SA Arargorn and Frodo the other day he and I were out, and my brother got them, and I got him a Faramir in armor too, but those are the ONLY new figures he has gotten in what feels like a year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 9, 2004, 08:35 AM »
I'm beginning to think there's a shred of truth to that story a few pages back about certain TRUs dropping the LOTR and ML lines. My local one hasn't received ANYTHING from these lines for months.

I was wondering about this as well.  At our TRU here in town, there hasn't been a new LOTR of ML figure on the pegs since we've moved here (in May).  All of their LOTR stuff is on an endcap there, and it is all old packaging Smeagol/Gollums.  They also have a few of the box sets (clear Gollum/Sam/Frodo being the most prevalent), but that's about it.  They have very few ML figs on the pegs, and the ones they do have are Gambit, Beast, and the first Punisher.  I wonder if that rumor is true, it would make some sense then I guess.  I keep holding out to find the new Frodo and Aragorn there, but I don't think its going to happen.  Now if Amazon (or Target/Wal-Mart locally) would just get in gear and stock the latest waves.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 9, 2004, 04:38 PM »
Beth, of course, already has her order in. 

;D

PS;  Jesse, I am working on that list.  I actually have my own but I know I've seen it somewhere on line so I'll search tonight and see if I can find it...otherwise I can post mine.
Beth

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #908 on: November 9, 2004, 11:13 PM »
Either or would be great Beth.  I just wanna know what I'm looking for at this point because I'm lost, what with tons of repacks and confusion over what's new and what isn't...

Saw the SA Frodo/Aragorn, like I said, and would've just skipped them thinking they were just the other Frodo/Aragorns that clog the pegs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 12, 2004, 10:06 PM »
Sorry I am so late on the list.  I was trying to fix mine because I couldn't find the one I wanted and I stumbled across this one at the Green Dragon:

6" ToyBiz Figures

if you scroll down some, you can actually get some variation pictures per movie (but it isn't complete yet).
I can add mine also if you would like but it's long (due to the Excel spreadsheet format) though it is in movie order also.  LMK.

Beth

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 13, 2004, 09:09 PM »
Just as an update of what is happening up here right now, we're still getting the Gamling wave, enough of it in fact to the point where I am leaving this guy on the pegs after finding him in the middle of a Saturday :o  Question is will he be hot in a year or not?   :-\

No sign yet of the new waves, hoping they show in time for Christmas.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #911 on: November 14, 2004, 04:03 AM »
Thanks Beth,

Now I just gotta sort through and figure out what's out there he doesn't have.  I know Gamling's among them, but there's a LOT more.  Moria Orc and some olders like that that were tough to get, but it's mostly new stuff...  At least the Shelob wave onward.  And I wanted one of her too.   ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #912 on: November 16, 2004, 06:38 PM »
Wow, my brother finally got off his ass and sent me what he needs.  Here's his list...  Any good leads where to find it, for relatively cheap?  Or is any of it NOT shipping anymore?

-the twilight frodo, plus whoever comes in the twilight 3 pack other
than the ringwraith...gollum maybe?
-the mouth of sauron from the mordor pack
-the coronation pack, specifically the arwen and eowyn figs
-gondorian soldier
-coronation gimli
-gondorian citadel guard
-gamling the rohirrim
-theodred
-isildur (prologue)
-elendil (prologue)
-gil galad (prologue)
-celeborn (not sure they ever followed through on him)
-dunlending wild man (again, not sure they followed through)
-bilbo transfixed
-birthday bilbo
-prologue bilbo
-prologue smeagol
-peter jackson as hobbit
-superposable Boromir, the original fellowship sculpt (not sure they
followed through here)
-shelob
-shagrat
-gorbag
-isengard orc
-nazgul
-denethor
-superposable fishing gollum
-gothmog (again, not sure they followed through here on captain gimpy)

Half this stuff I didn't even know about...  Gothmog for one.   ::)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 16, 2004, 06:51 PM »
Over half that stuff hasn't hit the shelves yet.  As for Gamling, Gimli-coronation, Bilbo,Shelob and a few bad guys - they have been found at TRU mainly and if your brother is an opener - Morgbug might be able to help you out.

The two female figures from the coronation set have not been released individually yet but the coronation set itself is at Walmart and TRU ( I can get you that if you need it).  The Mouth of Sauron is also not available individually yet.  The Ringbearers giftpack is still at TRU stores and was at Amazon.com for awhile.  Isuldur and Gil Gilad have been seen warming the pegs also and were also available on line (another 'check with Brent' on these guys).

The rest of them are pending release around the holiday season (sooner in some areas) and you should be able to score them online or in stores.

So, he's not in bad shape after all  ;).
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 16, 2004, 10:59 PM »
Did someone mention the LOTR pimps name?

I have the following, some are on bilogo cards though, as Beth indicated, those tend to pass for openers in the US:

-the coronation pack, specifically the arwen -Arwen I have solo, cannot help with the other, one of those nasty gotta buy the pack to get the one figure deals.
-gamling the rohirrim
-elendil (prologue)
-gil galad (prologue)
-birthday bilbo - not in hand, but in stores here still, should be there
-shelob
-isengard orc

Twilight three packs were Gollum, Sam and Frodo.  Still at our TRUs but a horrendous price point, especially after adding in our taxes. 

I can do all of the above (save the twilight three pack) for $8.50 a figure.  I know it's high, but the US dollar has been sucking and we get raped up here on toy prices (at least $8.95 each plus 14% tax).  Shipping, of course, is extra. 

I'll trade as well, if that helps, but not much I need, aside from the post-OTC wave.  Can always use more VOTC stormies too, but then we need to balance the $$ fairly. 

No worries if not, with Christmas coming, these may flood the pegs.  I just plan on taking mine back fairly soon is all.