Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 281038 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #915 on: November 17, 2004, 03:07 AM »
Beth, thanks for the heads up that he's NOT as bad off as he and I had predicted.

Morg, I'm gonna try finding them here...  If desperation sets in though, my bro's an opener and we may be sending a distress call your way.

I wanted a few of the army builder-esque guys myself too, and Shelob...  I'm cutting most of the LOTR stuff out though, due to $$$ just not being there for it.  Having a significant other can cost too much, and so do Star Wars things, so something had to give...  LOTR was right there.

For you LOTR fans though, you may find it interesing/sad/humorous that I have a "J.R.R. Tolkein Studies I" course next semester.  I don't know how to view that, but it sounded great...  And yes, it's just a BS filler course for my Gen Electives, but I want to take stuff I think I'm gonna like for many of those, short of a few to give my major(s) some focus.

Anyway, thought you'd enjoy that.

I'll keep hopping in here with little updates on what my bro has/doesn't have.

I know he and I are both wanting the Super Poseable Boromir, and I wanna nab the Aragorn (any resculpt that's SP really).  Should be fun tracking all this down.   /end sarcasm
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 17, 2004, 10:03 AM »
No worries Jesse. 

The offer for a trade stands though, one for one.  Our prices suck as a rule, so a Star Wars basic figure is the same price as a LOTR figure, actually more in the case of TRU ::)  So if you or your bro feel like trading and come across the post OTC  basic figs at some point, I'm more than happy to do a one for one trade. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #917 on: November 17, 2004, 04:37 PM »
I'll try finding them Morg, but so far only one sighting in my neck of the woods unfortunately, and sold out.  I'll try though!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #918 on: November 19, 2004, 10:15 PM »
Scored Elrond, Shelob, Boromir, and SP Aragorn from BBTS whilst I was picking up some Star Wars figures. So now I need Gil-Galad, Gamling, Isengard Orc, TTT 4, and ROTK 4 (yeah, they're out now.)

Not bad, I guess. I wish local retailers would carry these a little better, so those of us who don't own Gamling or the rotocast Troll won't get so hosed on ebay.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 19, 2004, 11:00 PM »
Same offer for you Ben, I'm leaving Gamlings behind on pegs every day.  My price ain't great, but it beats ebay and it's what I have to pay.  Will also trade straight up if you need the help.  Gil-Galad, Gamling, Isengard Orc are all pretty easy for me.  Of course Gamling will disappear fairly quickly but there is that one in my trunk ;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 19, 2004, 11:02 PM »
Same offer for you Ben, I'm leaving Gamlings behind on pegs every day.  My price ain't great, but it beats ebay and it's what I have to pay.  Will also trade straight up if you need the help.  Gil-Galad, Gamling, Isengard Orc are all pretty easy for me.  Of course Gamling will disappear fairly quickly but there is that one in my trunk ;)

What does the Isengard Orc look like, because I am intruged. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #921 on: November 20, 2004, 01:40 AM »
What are you looking for, Morgbug?  Maybe we can work out a trade.   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 20, 2004, 01:42 AM »
My wants are listed in the trade section.  Drop me a pm on what you need/want, I'm headed off to bed, so sorry for being a lazy ass in response to your question :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #923 on: November 20, 2004, 08:23 PM »
I don't have anything on your list, unfortunately.  Oh, well.  The Green Dragon has carded pics of TTT and ROTK 4 up.  Hama!  Just more figs I'll never see around here.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 22, 2004, 10:37 AM »
I was just looking over those pics over at TheGD as well, some of them don't look too bad.  Looks like I'll be able to pick up a Sam if I ever see it, and after I finally talk the Mrs. into the SP Frodo and Aragorn that are currently out, that will be the last one I really want to pick up.  Some other neat stuff coming up the way it looks too.  I wonder how much longer this line can/will go on.  Maybe its just me, but it doesn't seem like people are "buzzing" about it quite as much anymore, probably due to the fact that the movies are all through the theatres and done with (until someone does The Hobbit thing).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #925 on: November 22, 2004, 10:45 AM »
Sweet pics, some of those are head scratchers but they are also at the point where they are stretching it as is.  I've never understood why they would make a Theodred

As such, I think I'll be buying:

Hama
Theodred
Isengard Orc Captain
Shagrat

Citadel Guard
Gorbag with webbed Frodo
Denethor
Smeagol

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 30, 2004, 12:15 AM »
Sweet pic of the Pelennor Fields set coming out sometime next year.
Three all-new figures in the set makes it a must-buy for me, though local retail has zero faith in this line. Which sucks.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 30, 2004, 09:41 AM »
If anyone is interested, BigBadToyStore has the following figures in stock (as of 8:30 Central this morning):

ROTK Series 4 - Set of 5 (Gorbag, Denethor, Shelob Attack Frodo, Smeagol, Minis Tirath Guard)
ROTK Series 4 Shelob Attack Frodo (Individual Figure)
Two Towers Series 4 - Set of 8 (Orc Captain, Shagrat, Hama, Theodred, Legolas, Gate of Mordor Sam, Gollum, Smeagol)
Two Towers Series 4 - (Available as Individual Figures) - Theodred, Shagrat, Legolas, Sam

They also have TT and ROTK Series 3 available.  You can check them all out HERE if interested

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #928 on: November 30, 2004, 10:29 AM »
I ordered the ROTK figs but passed on the TTT stuff, half of those a resculpts and I've had great luck finding them when they come out...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 1, 2004, 02:07 AM »
Super posability sucks.

I got my stuff from BBTS today, and when I opened my SP Aragorn, I discovered a torso joint that's loose, and a right arm that feels like it's about to fall off.

I used to dig SP figures, but now that Toy Biz has brought it to LOTR and ruined some otherwise good figures (my SP Frodo is the same way), I'm having second thoughts about it. I've quite a few ML figures that have loose or stuck joints right out of the package. Sure, '1,000,000 Points of Articulation' looks great on the package, but these toys are over-engineered to the point of being useless.