Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 281113 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #975 on: December 18, 2004, 06:09 AM »
Point of curiosity:  did anyone ever wind up seeing the Berserker Troll from ROTK?  Was it just incredibly rare, or did it just not come out?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #976 on: December 18, 2004, 03:18 PM »
I saw the Eomer is was supposedly packed with, but never the Troll itself.

Which sucks, since this Troll looked far better than the Cave one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 18, 2004, 07:44 PM »
Point of curiosity:  did anyone ever wind up seeing the Berserker Troll from ROTK?  Was it just incredibly rare, or did it just not come out?

It did not show up around here.  The larger items never really showed up at retail, in spite of earlier items selling very quickly.  TRU was the only one that carried the larger sets (except the 9 pack and There and Back Again sets) but they declined to carry later releases.  As with TRU, it was inexplicable, as usual. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #978 on: December 19, 2004, 08:36 PM »
If it's just the armored troll, with the chain, TRU had those here...  I picked one up when I saw it because they'd had a bunch, then were down to one, so I wanted one...  Far superior to the first troll (much better quality materials).

The Fell's something that rarely showed here, but I did see ONE not too long ago.  that thing was just not common...

On a LOTR note for me, I picked up a prologue elf because A) I never got one for myself, but rather for my brother...  and B) I've now seen him like 3 times repacked, so I figured  I'd get one for me. 

This is also the first figure I've seen, that was sorta new (wasn't there the last time I was there anyway) at any store in a long time other than the few figures I did get my brother for X-Mas.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 19, 2004, 09:42 PM »
If it's just the armored troll, with the chain, TRU had those here...  I picked one up when I saw it because they'd had a bunch, then were down to one, so I wanted one...  Far superior to the first troll (much better quality materials).

No, this is the one with all of the armor and the sword that storms Minas Tirith.  I'm not talking about the one from the Black Gates.

Feedback

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 19, 2004, 09:54 PM »

No, this is the one with all of the armor and the sword that storms Minas Tirith.  I'm not talking about the one from the Black Gates.

Never seen it (but hey, I don't see much of anything anymore) but no one over at GD has mentioned buying one in the threads I poked around in earlier so I'm going with the theory it wasn't released.
Beth

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 19, 2004, 10:33 PM »
This is the piece I'm talking about:

It looks like it's supposed to ship with the rotocast line.  Has it just not shipped yet?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 10:34 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #982 on: December 19, 2004, 10:35 PM »
Ah, not seen it either...

Then again, I've yet to see a lot of '04 LOTR product...  To the point I lost complete track of most of it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 20, 2004, 03:44 PM »
This news is a couple of days old, but the GreenDragon posted a possible listing of some upcoming figure waves for 2005.  Included are:

FOTR Wave 5 (May/June 2005):
Weather Top Strider, Talking Flaming Ringwraith, Boromir with Sound, Council Legolas, Dark Galadriel

TTT Wave 5 (May/June 2005):
Aged King Theoden, Battle Cry Uruk-Hai, Sword Attack Aragorn, Talking Balrog-Battle Gandalf

ROTK Wave 5 (May/June 2005):
Legolas, Eye of Sauron, Gothmog, Mount Doom Frodo, Mount Doom Sam

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 21, 2004, 02:20 AM »
They said something about those being die-cast figures too, which was strange.

This line is starting to suffer from the 1998 POTF2 syndrome- they've done all the background characters that'd sell, so now they're doing crazy variants on ground they've already tread.

Talking figures really don't excite me all that much, so if they are indeed part of the regular 6" line, I hope they have really kick-ass sculpts.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #985 on: December 21, 2004, 05:21 AM »
I'm about ready to jump ship on LOTR.  The frustration of not finding ANYTHING AT ALL gets to you after a while.  I thnk it's just our town though.  People on other boards elsewhere seem to be rolling in the new waves.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 21, 2004, 12:11 PM »
I'm hoping that next month's resets will bring us a good selection of new product. Though we might be hosed on the Gil-Galad and Gamling waves.

The thing I don't understand is the pegs get filled and emptied quite often. Why no new stuff? The W'loo Wal-Mart sold all theirs and filled the space with Megaman nonsense, and the other stores that carry these just have a few FOTR Frodos hanging tough.

bull****, I say.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #987 on: December 21, 2004, 12:14 PM »
This list is now confirmed?  Not much new on there that I'll be picking up (which is the case with FOTR,TTT and ROTK Waves 4 too I guess) which I agree means we really are on the last legs of whats to come.  And really...there isn't a whole heck of a lot to still make IMO

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 21, 2004, 01:40 PM »
WOOHOO!  Scored Isildur and Transfixed Bilbo last night.  They look awesome.  But the real score?  Someone's got an extra Battle Troll that they're going to trade to me.  Un-friggin-believable!

Feedback

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 21, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Someone's got an extra Battle Troll that they're going to trade to me. 

Well, then I guess they were released!!  Nice score on the new figures, btw.
Beth