Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 276755 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #1050 on: January 20, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Ben, believe it or not, the W'loo WM is back in the LOTR business.  They got a new mix case in containing the following:

Rivendell Elrond
Elendil
Coronation Gimli
Ringwraith
Gollum
SP Frodo
Armored Boromir
Isengard Orc
Lurtz

I got the only orc, but at least they're hitting now.  and also I'm offering the Lurtz up for trade for those of you needing him for carded collections.  Morgbug?  Beth?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 20, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Naw, I don't collect this ****, I just find it for other people.  I have my customized Fellowship plus a couple of other figures, no more than a dozen methinks.  That'll do.  Honestly, I haven't watched the movies enough lately to even tell you where Gamling appears :P

Ben, I think there's still Isengard Orc's around me at Walmart, so I can look for you.  Off to look at the spuffmeister's list ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1052 on: January 21, 2005, 12:03 AM »
Glad to hear about Wal-Mart finally getting on with LOTR. Maybe Target can follow suit and neither of us end up twenty figures behind again.  ;)

I'd appreciate the Orc, Morgbug. Are Gamling and Hama still hanging about? Those are the only two I really want, since I could live without another Bilbo, Orc, and a chase hobbit who didn't appear in the films anyway. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 21, 2005, 12:28 AM »
I still have two Gamlings left and there's been one at TRU for the last couple of days.  Hama's been a wee bit harder to come by, mostly because Walmart seems to only be receiving Fellowship figs at the moment.  It's inventory time for them up here, so nothing new is about to appear over the next week either.  I'll keep my eyes open though. 

Darb, nothing on your list.  Any Buffy figs to spare :-X

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1054 on: January 21, 2005, 01:12 AM »
What sort of Buffy are ya' looking for?  I got some.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 21, 2005, 10:00 AM »
Faith first.  After that, I dunno.  I'd probably just get a really basic line.  Always had a thing for Willow and Cordelia as well, go figure.  I'll probably just pick up the SP Buffy, whenever she's out.  Keep seeing rumours about a SP Faith, but have yet to see anything other than rumour.  Not so keen on Tara or Anya either.  LMK what you have :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1056 on: January 21, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Don't have any Faith.  I do have a Dark Witch Willow I can trade.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 26, 2005, 02:37 AM »
Got a e-mail from Amazon today, saying my SP Strider won't be available.

I think once I get Gamling and Hama, I might be done with this line. It looks like a repack-o-rama with anything new far between. I know I'll get Dark Galadriel, but there is little left to interest me anymore, especially all this bull**** hunting.
If I actually find them at retail again, I might get back into it, but no one here carries them, and I really can't afford $10-15 each from online stores and ebay.

Then there's Amazon. Why take orders for product you don't have? I guess it's just to drive internet traffic so they can charge more for advertising space. I doubt I'll ever get the Bilbo and Hama I ordered from them that are supposed to ship in early Febuary, though Bilbo is a figure that came and went in stock.

Ah well. At least Star Wars is going to have a great year, with product I can actually find and am interested in owning. Hasbro really seems to have it right when you compare them to Toy Biz and Mattel.

Sorry, rambling again.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 27, 2005, 09:25 AM »
Although there is still quite a bit of nice stuff in the LOTR line, I received what is likely my last LOTR figure today via Amazon - Gate of Mordor Sam.  He was the last character I really wanted to add, and although I'd like to expand the line into a lot of the other secondary characters, etc., I  really need to stick to Star Wars plus one other line, and Marvel Legends is getting my extra collecting money from now on.  Unless I decide to get an odd figure here or there, I think I'm wrapped up on LOTR for now, although I'll still follow the line to see where its headed.  On a side note, I think this particular Sam figure is pretty nice.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 30, 2005, 12:27 AM »
Scored a Gamling at Wal-Mart.

Either there's anew mixed case out, or they're finally putting out waves that should have been out around October. Gil-Galad, Gamling, Shelob, Coronation Gimli, and Elrond were all there. There was only this one Gamling there, so I'm guessing it was a mix case since there was only this one TTT figure there.

And my DVD slipcase arrived. Woohoo!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1060 on: January 30, 2005, 04:06 AM »
I still haven't seen Shelob yet, haha.  :)  I did score a Moria Orc the other day for my bro, which I'm sorta bumming that I only got one cuz I'd liked to have gotten myself one after seeing it.

I have a J.R.R. Tolkien class this semester (Lit course of course), and as someone who's never really sat and read a lot of his stuff, and to have now read The Silmarillion in 2 weeks and The Hobbit half finished already (I already read it though), I really sorta get itno the figures...

Odd story about the class.  He brings toys in to set on the table while we review and do discussion.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1061 on: January 30, 2005, 04:33 AM »
Lucky bastard.   ;)

I got my slipcase today too.  And I also cleaned house at Wally World.  Got everybody except the Moria Orc.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1062 on: January 30, 2005, 04:38 AM »
Eh, if you saw how many figs I need Spuff, you'd not think so lucky of me.

My brother comes first then I grab a figure I like here and there...   He's WAY behind, lemme tell ya.  That makes me even further behind. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1063 on: January 31, 2005, 09:27 AM »
Saw the Shelob Trilogy Wave at Target yesterday as well!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 31, 2005, 10:49 AM »
A few ROTK Series IV figures available at Amazon.com right now, at least as of 10 AM (central), for anyone who is looking for them:

Gorbag
Prologue Smeagol
Denethor