Author Topic: Ever get in a fight?  (Read 11047 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Ever get in a fight?
« on: April 3, 2003, 03:09 PM »
I heard it through the grapevine that someone we all know recently got in a fight.  Get well soon if you don't want to reveal to the world who you are ;) :-X

Anyway, ever been in a fist fight?  I got into one in 8th grade with a friend of mine.  He was constantly picking on me for some reason and I had had about enough.  I told him to meet me down at the park at 3.  I didn't think was going to show up, well he did.  I had one of my other buddies there who wanted to watch.  We started pushing each other and then I hit him in the face I think.  He wound back and landed one right on my lip and cut me open...wide open.  I had blood streaming down my face and he got scared and said stop stop stop.  I was really bleeding and we got some ice (it was around this time too so there was still snow banks around)  I probably should have got stitches but the cut eventually healed.  Man did it hurt.  I still have a scar on my lip which you can kind of see in my infamous picture...bottom left side

I always kind of work that scar over subliminally and it reminds of one of the stupidest times of my youth.

Me and my buddy patched things up and he never really picked on me again, we are still pretty good friends he is a Doctor in Chicago...perhaps I should sue him for emotional damage :P

I am sure Sarge has seen his share of brawls (maybe even been in one)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: Ever get in a fight?
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2003, 03:25 PM »
O yes I have seen my fair share. Most as an adult though. I stayed out of them in school but once I was in the military then I saw more than I needed. We were a competitive bunch and the rivalries between units and differnt branches lent itself to a few bar time adventures.

Then some A holes need to prove something to themselves or  whatever.when they find out I am a former green beret. But the tats give that one away. That has not been a problem since I got out and moved back to Green Bay, but near the bases in KY and NC ,they were interesting. Also most people around the world don't care for US servicemen as much as we think they do.

Worst end I ever got was when myself and a friend got into it with 7 guys at a party. My face swelled up so much that my glasses started cutting into the side of my head.That was not a fun time. Never fight when you can hardly stand it wasn't pretty. I will tell you that if there is a way to avoid a fight do it but there are sometimes when you need to stand up for yourself.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2003, 03:33 PM »
Can't really see your scar, but I think I can barely make out your tonsils there Scott...   :P

As far as fighting goes, I punched one of my "sorta" buddies at Jr. High summer church camp, then pinned him to the ground until he cried.  I believe it was because he lost my beach towel that I let him borrow to go to the pool.  No one loses MY stuff!!!   >:(

I've been jumped a couple of times before too.  Once in Korea at a nightclub (in high school) by some Korean gang members.  Came up from behind me while I was taking a leak in the urinal - never even saw 'em.  There were 3 or 4 of them that worked me over reasonably well - but nothing major.  They didn't like a white American guy strutting his stuff on their turf too much apparently...   ::)

Got knocked around once in college at a party by a couple guys pretty good too.  Fortunately, I was pretty hammered at the time, so it didn't hurt too much (until the next day that is).   ;D  Again, pretty much unprovoked - a dumb jealousy issue (I stole his beach volleyball partner from him - 'cause I was BETTER!)...   :-\

That's really about it...  Not much of a fighting man myself, but I tend to get folks a little agitated from time to time just by being me!   :D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2003, 04:25 PM »
Wow getting jumped in Korea must have been scary...being in such a vulnerable position to boot

And I knew Wayne was good for a few stories ;)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2003, 04:48 PM »
Unless you call some pushing and shoving a fight, then no, I've never been in a fistfight before. Which means I have no idea the kind of damage my tall, thin frame could unleash onto some poor sap.  ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 3, 2003, 04:53 PM »
Oh and this is for Matt  :-* :-* :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: April 3, 2003, 05:26 PM »
Eegads!   :o

Scott, back off just a little.  You're scaring me!!!   :-*

BTW, who's your dentist?  Nice work... (still can't see the scar though, but I'll take your word for it)

As for my Korean restroom experience, I was actually fortunate that didn't happen more than just that one time.  I know a number of instances where that happened to other people I knew there.  There was a pretty fair amount of anti-American sentiment around Seoul when I lived there for 3 years from '86 - '88.  Too many of our army bases there, and they wanted them out!  Wonder what the South Koreans think about that now...?   :-\

My family wasn't affiliated with the military at all (business related), but I had a crew cut for most of high school, so I got mistook for a G.I. quite often over there!  This oft mistaken identity fortunately garnered me a few "of age" privelages though when I occasionally visited the PX at our local army bases!   ;)
« Last Edit: April 3, 2003, 05:38 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: April 3, 2003, 05:40 PM »
I heard it through the grapevine that someone we all know recently got in a fight.  Get well soon if you don't want to reveal to the world who you are ;) :-X

Well, maybe if Brent wasn't talking so much smack about my Lakers, I wouldn't have had to rough him up so badly...   ::)
« Last Edit: April 3, 2003, 05:48 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: April 3, 2003, 08:41 PM »
:-*

Yeah, I got my ass kicked. I can't say I really lost, but when you end up getting your jaw X-rayd a week or so later, it's sorta hard to say anything but.  :-\ I'll be okay... When I went to the dentist, I didn't understand anything she was saying, to be honest, she had me on the chair and talked over me and to my mom the whole time... I felt quite alienated the entire episode, since the only thing she said to me (besides the normal "say ah" stuff) was that I had "very nice teeth"... Hell, she didn't even show me the X-ray...
While the fight didn't cause the injury, it made it a lot worse, so, there ya go. All I'm taking is 300 mg of pain killers every few hours, since there's really nothing you can do about it.

My past fights were pretty stupid, but most fights are. Kids down here don't fight fair, that's the number one lesson to learn and teach... I've been stabbed by a pencil in the bridge of my nose, I've stabbed back w/ any and everything at hand, I've been hit by a folding chair (yes, like WWF), I've DDT'd a guy into the concrete floor of the boy's locker-room (yes, like WWF), I've been shot by a pelet gun, the oddities are pretty endless...

The dumbest thing I've done was when this guy locked me out of my classroom back when I was in Marksmanship in ROTC, he was a real ******* and I finally lost my temper with him. I punched through the glass window in the door, and nailed the little bastard on the nose as he was making a face at me on the other end... Oh yea, I hit him, but I sliced my index finger to the bone. Luckily the recruiters were with me and one of them had brought a Medic with him... Yea... I got about 5 stiches.... but I didn't cry. :P I'm a moron.  :-*

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2003, 11:57 AM »
I've been in a few fights when I was a kid and as an adult.  I won some and lost some.  The one thing that sticks out in my mind the most is when I was at a Chicago Bears football game, and I was about 22 years old and was drunk at the time.  I was up in front of a urinal when I noticed this guy staring down at my you-know-what.  I just kept doing my thing and he just kept staring there.  I was starting to get a little bit uncomfortable and I said to him, "Got a problem?"  He replied, "No I don't,  but you have a nice package there."

Now, I'm not gay but I'm not a homo-phobe... I just don't like guys staring at me while using the washroom.  I was extremely uncomfortbale at the moment.  Want to know what I did then?  I smacked him in the back of the head and his face smashed into the metal piping where you flush.  Blood spattered all over the wall because I think he broke his nose.  He then fell to the floor and I just said to him, "Have a nice day."

That's my most memorable fight that I was ever involved in.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: April 7, 2003, 12:53 PM »
I've been to two Vikings-Bears games at Soldier Field and let me say your story does not suprise me at all Chris.  I swear there were 10-20 fights in the crowd alone so what was happening in the stands or in the bathrooms I can't imagine.  Too much tailgaiting and wallowing in continued Bears misery can do that to people (BTW the Vikes won both games 1998 and 1999)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 7, 2003, 02:36 PM »
I haven't been in a fight since junior high, most of which were stupid anyway.

It's somewhat surprising that I haven't been in one in my adult life (not that I go looking for fights, my parents raised me to not start fights, just end them) considering the fact that I can be somewhat of an a-hole when I've had way too many to drink.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2003, 11:45 PM »
I'd like to volunteer to be the chief promoter of the first official JediDefender Fightfest!

On the card, I would like to pit JediMac against OCB (and yeah, it would be in a mudpit, and don't plan on wearing much clothing, you guys). Let me know if you gentleman would be interested. The pay won't be good, but you'll make me happy, and that has to be worth something to you. The rest of the card has yet to be worked out, but I shall post further bulletins soon.
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2003, 12:08 AM »
I've never been in a fight my entirelife, (so far) and would try to avoid it, UNLESS someone threatened my wife and/or son. Then I'd go dark jedi on them. and hopefully not get my butt kicked or killed. :-\
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2003, 10:25 AM »
I suppose you will be the only one in attendance Carrie :)  I'd go a few rounds with King Kong Bundy, er Matt...Do we have to shave our heads?

* OCB knows Matt will say it was a bulky sweater