Author Topic: Exclusive Republic Commando Maquette  (Read 8885 times)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Commando's have hit the drop zone!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 01:05 PM »
WOWWW! that looks amazing!  :o

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
Re: Republic Commando's have hit the drop zone!
« Reply #16 on: August 1, 2005, 08:14 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pics, I have one on the way.  ;D  Am not a fan of the game, but like Gentle Giant's collectibles. Uncertain if I will keep this one, though. Would have liked a painted version.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusive Republic Commando Maquette
« Reply #17 on: August 1, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Congrats on the acquisition!  I know from chatting with some fellow GG collectors that this piece was a little difficult to get a hold of.

This was one piece that I was really on the fence about.  First of all, I think the price was kind of prohibitive.  Hopefully Gentle Giant won't venture into this price range too often.  as much as I like their products, the price on this was the main factor in keeping me away from this maquette.  I don't know if it was the scale, the paint apps or the clustering of four characters together as they are, but I don't get the same charge out of this piece as I do from the mini-bust line.  Weird.

Still, this is a sharp piece and very unique to the Gentle Giant line.  Ignore my postulation and enjoy your maquette!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline gsrjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 4, 2005, 03:32 AM »
hello, I'm a newbie here, but I ordered one of these as well and it came this morning.  I love it also.

click here for my review and some more pictures.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 5, 2005, 06:58 PM »
You know, I had this in my "cart" when it was being sold at SWS.com, but I decided to pass.

Those are some great pictures gsrjedi and DSM, but I don't think I regret passing on this.  The sculpting looks amazing, but the bronzed look just doesn't quite do it for me.  Like others have said, if it was painted, I think my opinion would be quite different.

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
republic commando maquette
« Reply #20 on: February 5, 2007, 07:57 AM »
Is anyone getting the colored version offered by starwarsshop.com?  I ordered one last week and I just wondering if any of you would dish out that much cash for a limited SW item??

This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: republic commando maquette
« Reply #21 on: February 5, 2007, 09:42 AM »
I did. I got mine two weeks ago. It's nice. Like four Maquettes in one.So the price even's out a bit.

I got number 109 of 513 (?).

They are all crouched up like on the art from the game, so they tend to look smaller than expected. BUt a nice piece regardles..

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 5, 2007, 10:59 AM »
I just have to get one............... >:(
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Coloured Republic Commando Maquette ARRIVES
« Reply #23 on: February 7, 2007, 09:53 PM »
Alot of gsrjedi's review of the broonze versian does hold true in many ways in this one; ......for me, in short; its a "like/dislike" emotion.,,,,,,,,. very similair to grsjedi's review and tale of the maquette.

One thing i definetly didnt like was the fact that Scorches rightgunhand is inserted with a "threaded" bit.  I do the "normal" fanboy examination.............. u kno: assemble item as if I were diaphering a child.  then the sturdy check; which u ALL kno what i mean; test jouints, head, weapons...a slight turn or twist here and there...etc.   I saw the diff in scorches gunhand right off;  but my hand used the "force" to test it anyway.  IT did TURN  and some paint DID flake off. further examination resulted in the hand-insert to give some.
just a milly or 4 and u could see the post to the hand. I've matched paint to the yellow and am thinkin of repairing it myself.

Both inner and outter boxes retained entegreaty..... so carrier's are not at fault.

...............Should i even TRY to get an exchange? would it be worth the hassel?  I've never had to return a SW item myself; and this is way diff then the avg 6.99 AF

A Padawan in plight.   :o  LOL

Is anyone getting the colored version offered by starwarsshop.com?  I ordered one last week and I just wondering if any of you would dish out that much cash for a limited SW item??

« Last Edit: February 7, 2007, 10:15 PM by Talon_Karrde »
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde