Author Topic: Attacktix  (Read 22803 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Attacktix
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 10:49 PM »
And I'd compare this to the "kiddie" (Galactic Heroes and things) lines and the 3.75" line more than competition...  Both vying for the same dollars, but aimed at different people...

Not sure how SMART a move that is myself, but I think that's what they're aiming for.  The SWMB rules, while atually toned down in complexity from other MB games, are still pretty complex for novice gamers and kids.

This Attacktix won't be though...  I don't think it's gonna be a big hit myself, but I just think Hasbro's dipping their quill into too many inkwells at this point is all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 12:13 AM »
I agree Jesse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 02:35 AM »
I'm not buying them, that's for sure. I'll be spending way too much on the action figures to even consider it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 08:42 AM »
I don't think it's gonna be a big hit myself, but I just think Hasbro's dipping their quill into too many inkwells at this point is all.

This is an excellent point Jesse, and something I've been thinking about lately too.  It just seems like there is so much Star Wars product out there at this point.  Not that I'm complaining necessarily, and I'm glad all the different lines are there for those who want to collect them, but it does get a little overwhelming.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 10:10 AM »
I don't think it's gonna be a big hit myself, but I just think Hasbro's dipping their quill into too many inkwells at this point is all.

This is an excellent point Jesse, and something I've been thinking about lately too.  It just seems like there is so much Star Wars product out there at this point.  Not that I'm complaining necessarily, and I'm glad all the different lines are there for those who want to collect them, but it does get a little overwhelming.
I said somewhere else that the amount of crap they are slapping Star Wars on right now is like a serious blast from the past.  Slip and Slides?  Sprinklers?  Nice job keeping that brand out of the mud ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2005, 05:33 PM »

I said somewhere else that the amount of crap they are slapping Star Wars on right now is like a serious blast from the past.  Slip and Slides?  Sprinklers?  Nice job keeping that brand out of the mud ::)
Case in point

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 06:02 PM »

Yeah, I'm having that 1983-ish, 1997-ish, and 1999-ish feeling all over again as far as Star Wars goes. 

They seemed to be able to control themselves when E2 rolled around, and the DVD's I feel they wanted to blitz a little but still not go overboard...  Clone Wars was a nicely handled "event" too.

Now though, you can see them going ape**** with marketing on this...  The last great push I'd say.  Or it feels that way anyhow.

And that MPH just looks like a turd with a Vader helmet...  God they'll stick that Vader on anything this year, you know it. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 10:39 PM »
Another Case in Point

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2005, 06:02 AM »
I'm surprised their aren't condoms with the Star Wars brand on it yet.

"Vader helmet tip...  for her pleasure"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2005, 05:52 PM »
I'm surprised their aren't condoms with the Star Wars brand on it yet.

"Vader helmet tip...  for her pleasure"

Wookie Love?  For the screamer in your life.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: February 3, 2005, 02:59 AM »
One of the most innovative additions to the boys action aisle this year will be the debut of a new brand called ATTACKTIX.  Launching with Star Wars: Episode III toys, ATTACKTIX is a battle figure game that combines great action figures with kinetic battling features.

Each figure comes on a base that contains all of the information that a trading card might include, such as speed, defense, point value and special powers unique to that character. 

The goal of the game is simple: be the last one standing; but beyond that there are nearly unlimited strategies.  To begin, kids select how many points each squad should start out with, pick their squads and put them into formation.  On each turn, kids will move their figures across the table (counting distance using a patented clicking wheel in the base), and then attack with features like slashing lightsabers, firing projectiles and others.  When the figures are knocked over, their special powers come into play and influence the game.  For example, granting another one of your figures an attack or bringing back a figure who may have been previously defeated.

The game is easy to play, but difficult to master, with all of the complexity of a trading card game.  ATTACKTIX is being launched with the release of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, but will include other Star Wars figures from past movies in the future.

Eh, I still have to see them in person.  But considering how much I dig anything remotely "miniature", I'll probably cave when the OT set gets released, and nab those.  Definitely won't be "gaming" with them though.   ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: March 7, 2005, 12:26 PM »
For those that may actually be interested in these, here are the Target DPCI Numbers for the AttackTix Stuff:

AttackTix Starter Kit:
087-06-1121

AttackTix Battle Masters:
087-06-1122

AttackTix Battle Figures:
087-06-1123
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 9, 2005, 10:21 AM »
I've no interest in these at all but thought I needed to post something here for the sake of those that are interested.  In the Canadian packaged (=trilogo) basic figures (3 3/4") there is an insert showing lots of the coming toys.  For the most part, nothing that hasn't been seen before, but part of the pictured stuff is in the Attacktix line. 

They show pictures of the starter set shown below, though not the identical shot.  They also indicate it comes with 1 secret figure.  I've not seen that elsewhere, though I could have easily missed it.  They show a silhouette of the figure, but I don't have a scanner handy, so can't get the image for you. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2005, 03:30 AM »
Head on over here to enter Hasbro's contest to win a starter set.