Author Topic: NHL 2005-06  (Read 86658 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2005-2006 Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2005, 10:22 PM »
Forgive me for asking - but what happens fantasy wise with the stats?  Is the whole game scrapped?  Do they pick it up later?  Does it count as a game played? 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 21, 2005, 10:35 PM »
My understanding is the game is cancelled meaning stats that were accrued don't exist.  The game is supposed to be rescheduled.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2005, 12:04 AM »
Nice night for the Pens! 

>:(

Beating up our state rivals the Fliers in a BRUTAL game.

Psst - Flyers  :P

And it pains me to see John LeClair in another uniform  >:(

Oh it's just Philly nobody cares how you spell it.  ;)

Actually after I wrote that I wondered if I had spelled it right or not, haha...  So thanks for letting me no that it was NOT right.

The fans in Pitt aren't all happy with LeClair either...  Or Recchi.  Neither have had take charge games here yet, and they have played mediocre.  Palffy seems like he's borderline ready to have a game he dominates.  He played good Saturday so I'm hoping...  But so far the O has been mostly coming from Crosby, Christansen, and Lemieux...  LeClair and Recchi are due for a HUGE game between the two of them so I'm hoping for that...

And people are up in arms that Fleury was sent down to the minors over nothing more than a financial issue.  Much swearing was heard upon that news last week. ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #228 on: November 23, 2005, 04:33 AM »
The Pens/Caps game was a treat to watch tonight incase any of you caught it that have league packages or whatever... 

I was a little disappointed by the play of some the Pens especially our continuing issues with Goaltending even though Coran weathered a heavy 2-man disadvantage, and overall 41 shots on goal.  Still he let up 2 softies that led to a near comeback by the Caps.

The gameplay was a treat though to say the least...  Lots of end-to-end hockey, lots of hard hitting, lots of scrapping, and 2 amazing superstars in the making.  Crosby had his greatest goal of his career too and an assist that was equally beautiful.

As a Pens fan I hope Lemieux gets back in gear (I think he's  still not 100% healthwise), and that LeClair/Recchi kick it up a notch because they're desperately needed to produce as a means of offsetting our goaltending problems.

Great game though, and wish I'd had tickets to that one.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2005, 06:56 AM »
The Avs and the Wings renew one of the greatest rivalries in sports tonight. I can't wait. I've been looking forward to this game from the first day I looked at the schedule. It should be a great one.  :)
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2005, 12:03 PM »
The Avs and the Wings renew one of the greatest rivalries in sports tonight. I can't wait. I've been looking forward to this game from the first day I looked at the schedule. It should be a great one.  :)

Hopefully the Wings can put up a good fight...

You'd have to imagine they will either come out flat because their thoughts are someplace else (Fischer) or they'll come out with all guns blazing looking to take their minds off the last game.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how the Wings respond to everything that has happened over the last few nights.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2005, 10:32 PM »
They came out with guns blazing, as I knew they would, and opened a can on the Avs!  God I love it when we beat Colorado!   ;D

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2005, 02:27 AM »
They came out with guns blazing, as I knew they would, and opened a can on the Avs!  God I love it when we beat Colorado!   ;D

They caught a couple lucky breaks, the Avs dinged a few off the posts. I knew it was going to be a longshot when they blew that 5-3 PP though. :-\

Oh well, we've still got 3 more games and chances are always good we'll see you in the playoffs.
"This is the way."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2005, 12:58 AM »
I think that whoever makes the schedules should be drawn and quartered. This is the most ridiculous thing ever. How can some teams (NYRangers, Phoenix, Calgary, Tampa Bay) have 24-25 games played, while others (Philadelphia, New Jersey, Carolina, Chicago) have 21-22 and Ottawa has only 19?? It's crazy that teams have such uneven schedules. This doesn't happen in Baseball or Basketball. Teams may end up with 1 or 2 games more than another at one time during the season due to rain outs or whatever, but a 6 game difference between the NYRangers and Ottawa is crazy.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2005, 05:42 AM »
The Avs only have about 19 too, they had a really soft Oct-November, now the hardly get a break for awhile.
"This is the way."

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 29, 2005, 04:39 PM »
Figures that I had to work and couldn't make the Kings/Wings game last night and the Wings won 5-2.   >:(

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2005, 11:10 PM »
This is a little old but I figured I'd post it here since no one has yet. Thornton was traded from Boston to San Jose for Sturm, Stewart, and Primeau. I think this could be the boost the Sharks need. I rather enjoy them being in 12th place though.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 11:59 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 30, 2005, 11:37 PM »

What the ****!?  OK, so my Bruins are sucking ass so far, and obviously needed to shake things up, but why trade their franchise player?  Sometimes it pains me to bleed yellow and black.  :'(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: December 1, 2005, 01:26 AM »
I could say the same thing, however we haven't made a trade yet for the goalie and vet defenseman we oh so desperately need right now...

Seems like maybe it just sucks to bleed black and gold this year? :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 1, 2005, 09:58 AM »
Don't worry Jesse, they're just biding their time until Gonchar gets healthy and starts putting up points.  Once that happens he's gone. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.