Author Topic: NHL 2005-06  (Read 87447 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2005-2006 Thread
« Reply #405 on: April 23, 2006, 03:36 PM »
:P    :P  

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 23, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Two incredibly horrendous turnovers cost the Wings the game today, plain and simple.  Aside from that, the refs are making marginal calls both ways and not calling a lot of obstruction that was getting called during the regular season.  Edmonton has not impressed me one bit in this series and everyone kept saying they are a fast, rushing team yet they look like the '90s Devils to me.  They are playing the trap and breakdowns on OLN and NBC have shown that.  There's no flow to the first 2 games at all.  So much for the "new" NHL. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #407 on: April 23, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Edmonton has not impressed me one bit in this series and everyone kept saying they are a fast, rushing team yet they look like the '90s Devils to me. 

Yeah, I heard the NBC guys say a few times that Edmontom was "not playing a trap", but as a fan of a Jaques Lemaire coached team, it looked pretty "trap-esque" to me.

Roli the Goalie had another great game, and yeah - those two turn-overs were very ugly on the Wings part.  Third period was a lot of fun though, man I thought Stevie Y's goal woulda been sweet, but it just caught Roli's skate and them the post.  Too bad for him and the Wings.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 23, 2006, 08:56 PM »
After missing the first game I managed to tune into the Lightning game today - fantastic goals by Boyle and St. Louis in the third - hopefully they can get some wins at home now, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 24, 2006, 12:31 AM »
Damn, what a ******* mess the Rangers looked like in game 1... 13 penalties. That must be some kind of record. The thing that makes me laugh (and gives me an ounce of hope) is that the Devils scored 6 goals - 5 on the power play, and 1 just as the PP expired. So theoretically, they didn't score any "real" 5-on-5 goals. Now, if the Rangers can stay out of the penalty box tomorrow night, it should be a good game. Then again, if Jagr is out for any extended period of time...  :'(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #410 on: April 24, 2006, 01:59 AM »
Boyle was the wicked wrister, right Rob?  I was catching highlights tonight and thought that was quite a nice goal.  St. Louis' was nice too, but a fairly sloppy rebound and defensive job on the play overall, but Boyle's shot was just raw power...

Is Jagr hurt Dave?  I didn't catch that anywhere so now I'm curious.  He has rampant groin injuries his last couple years here to where it was affecting his entire seasons.  He had such a stellar year in NY this year though that I figured he was his spry young self all over again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 24, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Boyle was the wicked wrister, right Rob?  I was catching highlights tonight and thought that was quite a nice goal.  St. Louis' was nice too, but a fairly sloppy rebound and defensive job on the play overall, but Boyle's shot was just raw power...

Boyle scored the 3rd goal, a high wrister after a pretty incredible spin move to get around a defender.

St. Louis had two goals - a one-timer off a steal and a fantastic pass by (I can't remember who but I think it was Richards) and then the one on the rebound - which was impressive only in that he came out of no where to put it back in.

Richards had the other goal - also off a steal I think and he got infront of everyone and then he made it look easy.

Fingers crossed for game 3...

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 24, 2006, 09:12 PM »

Is Jagr hurt Dave?  I didn't catch that anywhere so now I'm curious.  He has rampant groin injuries his last couple years here to where it was affecting his entire seasons.  He had such a stellar year in NY this year though that I figured he was his spry young self all over again.

From the looks of it Jagr messed up his shoulder bad.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 24, 2006, 10:45 PM »
Yeah, they have him listed as having an "upper body injury", and from what I hear on the radio and such, rumor has it that he seperated the shoulder... which sucks balls. Much like the Rangers did this evening, without him. ******* joke.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #414 on: April 24, 2006, 10:57 PM »
From the looks of it Jagr messed up his shoulder bad.

I just saw the Jagr thing here on highlights a couple minutes ago...  Looked like he was trying to clip Gomez on his way past, and it basically turned around to bite him and hurt his arm...  Not good.  Looked like it hurt...

It's nice OLN at least has some of the games on.  I'm enjoying the Dallas/Colorado game at the moment. 

All the bars have like 1 TV on hockey and all others on Baseball for the Pirates of Basketball for god knows what.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 24, 2006, 11:54 PM »
Crazy night of games.  Two hat tricks in the Buffalo route of Philly, John Madden (one of my fav non-Wings) scores a hat trick, Colorado blows a 3 goal lead only to tie it with 2 mins to play and Montreal wins a shootout (not that kind) to go up 2-0 on Carolina.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #416 on: April 25, 2006, 01:42 AM »
Crazy night of games. Two hat tricks in the Buffalo route of Philly, John Madden (one of my fav non-Wings) scores a hat trick, Colorado blows a 3 goal lead only to tie it with 2 mins to play and Montreal wins a shootout (not that kind) to go up 2-0 on Carolina.

;D

That was such an exciting game to watch. Both teams played great. The Avs had some horrible luck in the 2nd period on those goals. Those were some of the flukiest plays I've seen in awhile. Mainly that one that popped up about 20 feet straight in the air and landed in the goal.

The Avs blueliners have proved why they were the best offensive D-men in the NHL tonight. They have been fantastic in the series. Blake has had two goals, Clark has had 2 (one was shorthanded to send the game into OT), and 2 by Liles including tonight's OT game winner.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 01:42 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 25, 2006, 05:40 PM »
I thought Sakic got credit for the OT winner?

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 25, 2006, 11:30 PM »
**** - the Bolts got destroyed tonight... Should have been 8-5 (not that it matters) but the refs overturned a goal with 11 seconds left saying it was kicked in, it wasn't.

I hope they rebound in game 4 - but I'm not expecting much.

An upgrade at Goaltender should be priority #1 this offseason.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 26, 2006, 02:13 AM »
The Wings totally blew that one.  The crappy thing is, my dad, my gf and I were watching the game and after the Oilers scored the OT winner I made the comment (and my dad was thinking the same thing) that it always seems that if one team (in this case the Wings) get all the chances and doesn't score that the other team ends up with the winner.  Legace has really let in some awful goals in this series and that is major cause for concern cause the Wings, when they weren't killing penalties, dominated the play.  Now they play from behind and game 4 is a must win.