Author Topic: NEW TIE Fighter  (Read 43962 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: NEW TIE Fighter
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2005, 02:58 PM »
I don't think  most kids parents are going to buy these, which will ensure these sit at the current price. 

I would agree with this if they had a larger than 10,000 piece run. I've seen lots around here, but they don't sit for more than a day. I'm sure in some areas, some will hit clearance, but I think that that will be the exception, not the rule. But I hope I'm wrong.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2005, 12:57 AM »
They're not sitting around here, but they're also not hard to spot either I'm finding.

I got mine using the DPCI before they were to be out, then I saw a shelf full of them, and I was able to get a 2nd one.  THe same target is full of them again...  I've gotten one case's worth, and there's been a steady push at this somewhat out of the way Target store, so I dunno.

Great ship...  Enough of them shipping, I can see it starting to back up, but I don't know how they're spreading out the current grouping.  Seems like htis rather slow-traffic store got quite a few in though which strikes me as odd if it's a really limited run, but whatever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2005, 04:03 AM »
I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Target said the same thing about your money.

So be it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2005, 09:04 AM »
I saw these again this weekend, at our other Target in town.  Two on the shelf.  I found them a week or two earlier at our "closer" Target, and those have since sold.  I don't know how long these two have been at this particular Target though.  I want to pick one up, but money's tight, and $40 does seem a bit high anyways.  I'm hoping for a clearance too, or I might eventually pick it up when there's a little more collecting cash.  Right now I'm saving that for the last few basic figures I need, and the Evolutions sets...if they ever show up here ;).

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2005, 09:06 AM »
This ship is not bad, it looks weird because it was done the way it was supposed to be done.  But is it a nice ship.  I personally don't think there is enough plastic inside that box to justify the $40.  But I would have gotten a few at $30 and when it goes on clearance, I'll get some for sure.  After all, they are warming the shelves pretty nicely in my area (at all 4 Targets)

Just like I did with the 12" Biker Scout, B-wing, Slave 1, A-wing, and the Target Clones.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 09:07 AM by Gatillo »
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2005, 12:58 PM »
You know, I was just thinking about what if the price was lower? How many of these would I buy? I think they're great ships, but they are huge and take up a lot of space, so even if they were at a lower price point, I don't think I could pick up more than I bought already. And frankly, I don't have room enough for the ones I have. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2005, 01:57 PM »
You know, I was just thinking about what if the price was lower? How many of these would I buy? I think they're great ships, but they are huge and take up a lot of space, so even if they were at a lower price point, I don't think I could pick up more than I bought already. And frankly, I don't have room enough for the ones I have. :P

Yeah I agree.  Even if they were only $30, I would have still only bought one.  I know others here probably would have bought more though at a cheaper price...

As for the $40 price tag, in the end it doesn't really bother me.  Of course I wish they were cheaper (who doesn't), but I guess I kinda understand it.  I figure, to get the correct cockpit, it cost me $30 plus shipping from KB, so to pay another $40 to get the new wings, it just the price I have to pay I guess. 

Sure, I could be all noble and say I hate it, but in the end I'm a sucker who paid the asking price so I've really got no place to complain.  If I really hated the price, I would have had the courage to pass on it.   :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Saw my first one today. Meh. They'll shelfwarm. Maybe I'll pick one up if they go on clearance.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2005, 09:49 PM »
I'm gonna get a 3rd if they hit clearance.  Gotta love the ship, but it pained me to get two of them at the full price.  I just wanted a flanking "set" for a Vader TIE.  If these are sitting at all it makes me wonder if 10k is really the production number or if there's actually a bit of a higher total there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2005, 09:45 AM »
A pair of TIEs have been shelfwarming at all three Targets near me. I doubt a mother would want to pick this huge, $40, vehicle for her son. It'll probably get bought when it goes on sale for $35, then $30, then $27, then all the way down to $0.77.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #205 on: October 10, 2005, 05:55 PM »
I was observing that they aren't fast sellers here either, which I think is somewhat proof that there's a certain pricepoint where what people want and what people say they want are two different things, and that's about $40 I'd say.

I got 2...  Some stores have none on the shelves however I did a DPCI check at a store devoid of TIE's just out of curiosity and there they were in the back it said, so I dunno what to think about this one.  Clearance-bound they may be, which I sorta am hoping for so I can get a 3rd one (or more if they're cheap enough).

When the ARC-170 didn't move well at $30 I really began to think that ships are a dead thing for Star Wars.  An all-new and fairly nicely done ship for $30's a rarity for Hasbro, and for it to just sit there at that price is the kinda thing that is a death nail for future hopes.  The TIE's not gonna help matters even though I do believe it is overpriced personally.

I love the TIE but in my area I'd say I usually see one at every Target, one Target has 2 out still I'm sure, and then this one with none on the shelves had them in the back (or so the compy says).  That's not boding well for it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2005, 09:36 AM »
I've seen at least one sitting at both of the Targets in our town for a little while now.  I still want to get one, but money is a little tight so I've been leaving it for now.  Plus, the Mrs. doesn't see the point in spending $40 for a ship I already have (except with bigger wings).  I sometimes feel that way too, and I do wish it was a tad cheaper.  I'd hate to risk waiting for clearance though, and would like to pick one up eventually.  I wonder how long these will be scheduled to be on the shelves, through Christmas or gone before that?  It would make a nice Christmas present ;), but I don't know if it will be there that long.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2005, 12:08 AM »
I saw them on my recent voyage to the US.  They are nice, I have to admit that.  But $40 is too rich for me for this ship.  If I can score one for $20-25 I'd be in, otherwise I'll live without it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2005, 10:08 AM »
There are a few of these sitting around here now too (and that's after sending a few away to Canada  ;)).

I really like this TIE and to me, I think it's worth the cash to get the biggger wing TIE, but I totally understand that $40 is a bit more than the "average" comsumer (moms and grandmas) would spend, especially when they can grab an ARC-170 or Mustafar playset for the kiddies for $10 less.

I'm sure a price drop closer to Christmas will be in order, and when the price drops even just by $5-10 I'm sure tehy will start to fly off the shelves...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender