Author Topic: Target Exclusive Slave 1 w/Boba Fett  (Read 25403 times)

SilverZ

Re: Vehicle discussion/speculation!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 05:57 PM »
Is it me (or my Slave 1 rather), or are the wings on the ship prone to falling off? I can't seem to keep them snapped into the hull for long. I don't remember this being a problem with the AOTC version.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: The Slave I/Boba Fett jetpack missle debacle
« Reply #16 on: December 1, 2004, 07:19 PM »
So yeah, thanks a lot Hasbro.  Way to keep your loyal customers happy. ::)

Hmmm...

This lucky reporter found this in his mailbox today:

Sweet!  The giant over-sized envelope was a nice surprise!  I was under the impression that I might not get my missile, but the Big-H came through for me!    ;D

Looks much nicer WITH the missile, eh?   :)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Slave I/Boba Fett jetpack missle debacle
« Reply #17 on: December 1, 2004, 10:42 PM »
Looks much nicer WITH the missile, eh?   :)

Jeff

Absolutely!  Based on DoctorPadawan's unfortunate report that he won't be getting a replacement missile, I think you're pretty fortunate to get this.  Hasbro needs to make up their minds about replacing the missile though, if they're going to do it, it should be for everybody.  They seem to have screwed the pooch in dealing with this whole thing.  I mean, how hard would it be to fire up the mold for a few more missiles?  ???

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 2, 2004, 09:33 AM »
I went to the Hasbro customer service site and filled out a submission for indicating that I hadn't gotten the missile, either, and that was about a month ago.

I've never gotten any response from them whatsoever.

Are those that are getting their missiles people who were contacted by Hasbro after logging a complaint?  I'd like to think that Hasbro's silence will result in me getting a missile, but I'm not terribly optimistic.

What's the real run-down on this situation?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: December 2, 2004, 09:59 AM »
Are those that are getting their missiles people who were contacted by Hasbro after logging a complaint?  I'd like to think that Hasbro's silence will result in me getting a missile, but I'm not terribly optimistic.

What's the real run-down on this situation?

Here's how it went for me...

1 - First, I contacted Hasbro's Customer Service.  I mentioned the news post that they put up here and asked, since they admitted THEY screwed up, if I could have a replacement.

2 - They contacted me via e-mail within 2 hours with a standard "form letter" response.

3 - Then, Hasbro contacted me again via e-mail with this response later the next day:

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that pieces were missing when you received your Hasbro product. 

Please allow us to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced because the parts were not included.

We will be happy to ship the parts to you at no additional charge.  They will be sent, under separate cover, to the address you provided.  Shipping will be done as quickly as possible.

4 - Next, I received a letter via snail mail stating that they may not be able to fill my order after all due to limited quantities, but that they would fill the order if stock became available.  No guarantees.  They enclosed a $3 off any Hasbro purchase coupon to tide me over.

5 - Finally, without warning, the missile just showed up in my mailbox yesterday.   ;D

I have heard different versions of this story.  Some got as much contact from Hasbro, some got less.  Some people got the $3 coupon, others did NOT.  Some are getting the missile, others are NOT.    :-\

Maybe Hasbro was able to fill some of the orders, but not all of them, on a first-come, first-served basis?  If you haven't heard from them, it may serve you to fire off another e-mail to ask them about the status or your replacement missile.

Jeff

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 Target Exclusive Slave 1 w/Boba Fett
« Reply #20 on: December 2, 2004, 11:01 AM »
Even though I dont have the Slave 1 yet, I submitted the form for the replacement piece just in case I stumbled upon one.  I submitted the form before mention of them fixing this problem and I have heard nothing.  The email I sent was from back in October ???  Just for the record, I have had good and bad dealings with replacent parts.  I needed a piece replaced on my Gunship.  I even attached the pic and they sent me something totally different.  I also opened a mail in B'omarr Monk three years after I received and noticed a missing leg.  They actually had that piece in stock???

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 4, 2004, 09:47 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to ask that someone send me a rather large amount of salt.  Why, you ask?  Because I need something to liven up the taste of my foot, which is now firmly enconsced in my mouth.   ;D

I was notified yesterday that, waiting in my mailbox, was a small padded envelope from Hasbro, which, yes, contained the missing jetpack missle that I have been complaining about nonstop for the last few weeks.  So, while my first compunction was to go back and delete all my prior ramblings on the subject, I feel as if I should leave them up so everyone can see how wrong I was.  And if there's one thing I do not have a problem doing, it's admitting when I was wrong in a situation. 

That being said, I still stand by my statements that 1) Hasbro is not being forthcoming with *everyone* who has asked for a replacement missle (otherwise emails would not be ignored) and 2) despite Hasbro's claims that a "small number" of the Slave I's made it out without the rocket, I believe that it is the other way around, since I have yet to see a report of someone finding one with the rocket included.

But yes, I overreacted (not the first time, and it probably won't be the last), and I freely admit it and take responsibility for it.

Point and laugh at DoctorPadawan kids!  :D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: December 4, 2004, 01:50 PM »
Glad to hear you got one!   :)

Hopefully everyone else who needs one will get one too...  :-\

Jeff

Offline Redhawk

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2004, 07:17 PM »
I found 2 at Target yesterday when i was Xmas shopping, but i couldnt buy one for myself  >:(

It looks really neat though and i hope they still have them later when i have more money for it!!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: January 3, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Has ANYONE had a siting, or heard a report, of the Slave 1 WITH missle (on Boba Fett)??  To this day, I've still only seen missle-less versions - every last one of 'em!

I'm really wondering if Hasbro was just blowing hot air when they said they were correcting the problem, and that "very few" had incorrectly gone out without missles...

Anyone?

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 3, 2005, 05:20 PM »
Has ANYONE had a siting, or heard a report, of the Slave 1 WITH missle (on Boba Fett)??  To this day, I've still only seen missle-less versions - every last one of 'em!

I'm really wondering if Hasbro was just blowing hot air when they said they were correcting the problem, and that "very few" had incorrectly gone out without missles...

Anyone?

I've looked as well - only missle-less Boba around here, and I've seen them around a lot.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: January 3, 2005, 05:46 PM »
I have heard legendary tales of people who found one (with missile) in the second, closer to Christmas shipment...

BUT, of those who DID find it the Slave 1 with Missile, the backpack missile was packed INSIDE the box, with the rest of the vehicle accessories.

In other words, there is no way to tell if it has a missile or not by looking at it.

In order to find out if it has the missile, you have to (gasp), OPEN IT.

Therefore, it will be nigh impossible to nab one of each variation because there is currently no way to tell them apart without opening them.  And once they are open, well, they are no longer packaged, right?

So, basically, at this point, it is a total crap shooot as to whether the ones sitting on your Target shelf have the missile or not...  :-\

Jeff

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: January 3, 2005, 09:13 PM »
BUT, of those who DID find it the Slave 1 with Missile, the backpack missile was packed INSIDE the box, with the rest of the vehicle accessories.

In other words, there is no way to tell if it has a missile or not by looking at it.

In order to find out if it has the missile, you have to (gasp), OPEN IT.

Therefore, it will be nigh impossible to nab one of each variation because there is currently no way to tell them apart without opening them.

Ah, cool.  Thanks for the info Jeff.  Won't worry about whether I'll want to keep my packaged version with or without missle then, so that's cool.  I'd still like to nab a loose missle for the opener though, but have been too lazy to contact Hasbro so far...   :-\

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Question Regarding Target Slave 1
« Reply #28 on: August 4, 2005, 07:31 PM »
What was the final verdict on this freakin thing.  Did Hasbro ever end up shipping with the correct accessories for the Fett?  Did anyone actually find one?  And how many people received replacement parts here on the forum who complained to Hasbro?  I sent a letter within a week of this thing being released (even though at the time I did not have one) and did not here dick back ???

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Question Regarding Target Slave 1
« Reply #29 on: August 4, 2005, 08:12 PM »
I actually don't know if Hasbro ever ended up shipping the version that actually had the missle, although I think that one of the Hasbro shills reporters at the House of Wise said that Hasbro had slipped them into the boxes but not in Fett's backpack.  Thus, the only way to tell would be to open it, but I've yet to read of anyone, opener or not, who got one that actually had the missle included in any shape, form, or fashion.

I can't remember how long it took them to finally send me my missle, but I sent an email to them right after I got the toy and they sent me a form letter stating that they no longer had that piece in stock or something like that.  A few days later I got a little padded envelope with the missle in it, so who knows what was going on in Pawtucket.   :-\

The whole thing (re: the sending out of missles) seemed really random from what I recall, with people who sent in letters or emails early not getting any reply at all, and people who sent them in at the tail-end of the OTC line in 2004 getting a quick reply and a quick missle in the mail.