Author Topic: R2-B1 & TC-14  (Read 30526 times)

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
Re:R2-B1 & TC-14
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2003, 09:44 AM »
cool one ! never showed up here...   ::)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re:R2-B1 & TC-14
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2003, 11:23 AM »
I was looking forward to buying both of those, but they never showed up. My local comic shop has them, but I didn't bother looking at the price. The rule is:
If its on his pegs, it's a bit over retail, if its under the glass case, its expensive as hell.

Offline Klaatu

• Youngling
  • MTFBWY!
    • View Profile
Re: R2-B1 & TC-14
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2003, 02:20 AM »
Found these two at a toy show in Winnipeg, cost me $40 each.  Very expensive but completed my Episode 1 collection

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2003, 10:52 AM »
Found these two at a toy show in Winnipeg, cost me $40 each.  Very expensive but completed my Episode 1 collection

Wow, pretty pricey there but I think R2-B1 is worth every penny I paid for him.
dustrho

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2003, 09:33 PM »
kinda icky to see talking of prices for figures like this. oh well. I view the hobby different, and don't value a figure by a price that it will "command."  As far as getting these figs, i just started collecting the ep1 carded figs about 3 weeks ago. I have them all except about 6, including r2-b1 and tc-14. I plan on getting them one day, but for retail price. Call me crazy, but I know it will happen. I can't justify paying more  for these 2 figs, especially since  I've gotten most of my ep1 figs for less than $3 MOMC. I got a swimming jar jar for $5 and a pit droid 2 pack for $5. Thats the most i've spent on an ep1 fig.   8)
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2003, 09:38 PM »
I got a swimming jar jar for $5 and a pit droid 2 pack for $5. Thats the most i've spent on an ep1 fig.

James, if you ever find those hard-to-get EP1 figures please buy them all to share with the rest of us here.  I really don't want to have to pay $20/figure just to finish my collection, but I have to say that R2-B1 I just got was totally worth it!
dustrho

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2003, 09:45 PM »
hey. It's cool if you like it. I'm sure there is stuff I've bought that you would say "OMG, why did he pay that much for that?!"

I will hold and wait. I didn't expect to find the Swimming jar jar for $5, but it happend. Value is all in the holder. I once got over $300 worth (and by worth, i mean if i had bought all this at retail this past year) of Star Wars Lego for $45. That's right. I met someone that just did not want their Star Wars Lego anymore, so they sold all of them (about 20 sets) for $45. It was unreal, but it did happen. I already had all the ledo sets, but I figured I could use the doubles. I am using this as an example to show that one day I will get these figures for a decent price, cause stuff like this happens all the time. It's not just star wars collectibles, it's just in life. Items lose value to people, and people will be willing to throw something away that is worth a billion dollars to another person! :)
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2003, 09:52 PM »
James, I totally agree with what you just wrote but you will find that there's that one item you want so badly, and you'll pay anything to get it in your hands.  The R2-B1 was that very figure for me.  Unfortunately I haven't run into any situation like you have (scoring big time), but hopefully one day that will happen to me too.
dustrho

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2003, 10:57 PM »
yeah, i hear ya. I bought the LEGO AT-TE at retail price cause I wanted it so bad. It's the first Star Wars Lego set I have payed full price for  :-[   But I wanted it!!! So i broke my "buy lego at cheaper prices" rule.

As far as finding a score, u will get one one day. Just keep ur eyes peeled. I get them every once in a while, so I KNOW u have to get one!
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com

Jango Fettish

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2003, 02:40 PM »
I got these two, Sio Bibble, Amidala w/ gun all in one feel swoop at Target at retail. Funny thing is, that was the only case of said figures that store ever got.

I ended up getting Swimming Jar Jar, BD Destroyer Droid, and soft goods Qui Gon at a TRU I worked at, all for $1.97.

Same period, another TRU I worked for, I got 6 x R2 w/ Holo Leia.

Guess you can say I have been blessed, figure wise, even now getting thew stuff isn't a problem as I have got E. Mon x 4, Aayla, Barris, and Lama Su x 2 this past month.

However, I DO buy figures for my guys (like y'all) when I see them. I only collect one of each figure I like.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 2, 2003, 11:55 AM »
My buddy picked me them both up at cost, but we used to scour cental Texas for toys.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 3, 2003, 01:25 PM »
Hey Klaatu,
$40 Cdn isn't such a bad price.  Especially when you consider what the dollar was worth compared to the US dollar when you probably grabbed them.  Chuck in another $5-10 US for shipping and possibly customs fees.  Pretty good deal.  Besides, that's around 4x retail, the same as a $20 US price is.  

I was lucky, I got both of mine in good trades.  At one point I had two TC-14s.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 4, 2003, 12:32 PM »
I never saw any of these at retail.  To be honest, I don't even remember how I got them.  I think I got them in a trade.  I'm pretty sure I traded some Simpsons stuff I had for them.
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 4, 2003, 07:45 PM »
I found mines at K-Mart,  of all places,  and bought them both...  Glad I did,  I never saw them at retail again after that.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2003, 08:15 PM »
I bought them at an online store for $10 each a few months after they came out, along with a Commtech Stormtrooper. Never have seen the droids at retail.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk