Author Topic: Ryan's Collection, July 2009 (Very Image Heavy)  (Read 4326 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Ryan's Collection, July 2009 (Very Image Heavy)
« on: July 30, 2009, 10:14 PM »
I finally got around to snapping some updated pictures of my collection. I don't think I've taken any pictures of my collection since before the ROTS line came out, so it has changed substantially over the last few years. I just got 'done' reorganizing the room (none of us are ever really done with our collection rooms. :P ) I was about out of room so I had to put a lot of stuff away in storage. Most of my old POTF2, EP1, and SAGA figures and vehicles have been put away. Almost all of my LEGOs are in storage as well. I only have a few Sideshow figures but they are currently tucked away in the closet as well, as are my Galactica, Stargate, and Buffy/Angel collections. I need to find somewhere to display them. I do have some pictures of them when they were on display at my old house though. I've also been selling a lot of stuff lately. All of my Republic Gunships are gone, my Geonosis arena, and a few other clone vehicles are gone. MY ROTS Clone army is all boxed up waiting to be sold. And most of my droid army is also in a box somewhere. I couldn't stand having so many droopy droids. Everything packed under the desk is stuff I'll probably be getting rid of.

The lighting in my room is absolutely atrocious, that paired with my crappy camera made it hard to get that many good pictures. One of my next projects is to install some lighting inside all of my shelves, and maybe put some track lighting on the ceilings. I also need to rehang some vehicles. I had a few more up, but they either got knocked down somehow or I took them down because they were blocking the light. The T.V. stand they are on now is just temporary, I didn't have any place else to put it when I moved back so it is acting as a shelf for now. The individual shelves aren't big enough for the dioramas I'd like to build so all of those pseudo dioramas are also just temporary displays that I'd like to replace when I get some more accommodating shelving. Anyways... onto the pictures: :)

East Wall:

South Wall:

West Wall:

North Wall:

"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Ryan's Collection, July 2009 (Very Image Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:56 AM »
Very cool to see Ryan.  Two questions though:

-Why didn't you open those ROTS figures when you couldn't wait to rip into everything you got the day they released them at the barbecue at my house?

-Why do you have a poster of young Anakin from Episode 1 over your bed?   :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:51 PM »
Wow, those were fun to sit back, relax and just enjoy all the pics.  You've got some great dioramas, I really liked the Endor and Hoth setups.  The loose displays are a great contrast to the finely organized carded walls.   Great stuff Ryan.  8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 4, 2009, 11:03 AM »
Where's the Stargate figures?

Seriously though, when you see everything that every came out on display, it really makes you appreciate how much there actually is. Well done.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 10:28 PM »
Thanks guys. :)

Very cool to see Ryan.  Two questions though:

-Why didn't you open those ROTS figures when you couldn't wait to rip into everything you got the day they released them at the barbecue at my house?

Those first four are the sneak preview figures, which was the last wave I kept carded. The Gree I bought and never got around to opening because I had a custom at the time that I liked better. Sith-eyed Anakin, I already had the raccoon version loose, so I just left his one carded. The other two were just slipped back into packages (they are actually open) because they didn't fit on any of my shelves.

-Why do you have a poster of young Anakin from Episode 1 over your bed?   :o

I ran out of wall space a while back so all of the posters just went on the cieling because I didn't want to just get rid of them or put them away. And I don't actually sleep in this room anymore, so that didn't bother me.

Where's the Stargate figures?

Seriously though, when you see everything that every came out on display, it really makes you appreciate how much there actually is. Well done.

I forgot to post the pictures. They are all put away at the moment, but I'll try to add those here in the next day or two.
"This is the way."