Author Topic: Toy shopping in your dreams?  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Toy shopping in your dreams?
« on: September 4, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Have you gone toy shopping in your dreams? I've had ones where I would find the weirdest figures carded. Things like the Tonnika sisters or some mini diacast ship. Sometimes I would find custom made figures that someone in the store was trying to sell. Recently I found a battlepack that included two AT-STs, a big AT-AT, three turrets, a imperial bunker base and dozen snowtroopers.  It was a big box. They also had the rebel version but I don't remember what was in that.

Do you have these toy shopping dreams?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Toy shopping in your dreams?
« Reply #1 on: September 4, 2011, 11:12 PM »
I always have those dreams where I'm in a grocery store or something and suddenly come accross a Wal-Mart-esque toy aisle with pretty much every Hard to Find or never produced Star Wars figures. I grab as much as I can but then realize I don't have enough cash. Then the figures start morphing into pegwarmers or disappearing completely. Then I wake up after a mild in-dream freakout.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: September 5, 2011, 12:31 AM »
You guys need help.   :D

I never had a toy shopping dream, but I do remember dreaming about having a removable helmet Darth Vader when I was a kid.  They never made one in vintage though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2011, 03:19 AM »
Yeah, I've had those dreams before.  They seem to go in the general direction as Diddly's where I find something unexpected that I've never even heard of and then as I'm trying to search through the shelf/pegs/bins for more cool stuff, things start disappearing or changing and by the end I've got nothing.

That's when you know you've spent way too much time thinking, hunting and buying toys. 

Similar question, but have you ever had sort of a premonition about a store or a mall as you're passing it?  Like you hadn't planned on stopping but suddenly you get this 6th sense that you need to stop?  I've done that a couple times.  I was headed from NY to York, PA for the weekend and I'm screaming down RTE 81 on a Friday night and as I'm getting to Frackville, PA I suddenly had an urge to stop at the mall there.  Picked up a box of the newest (at the time) Topps cards on the cheap from a hobby store and grabbed a Lego Mos Espa Podrace (7171) set for over 50% off at KB Toys.  I may have even picked up something from K-Mart that night that I was after.  But I really had no reason to stop there, hadn't been there in a couple years at that time but I just "felt" I needed to stop.

Anyway...toy dreams.  Yep.  Guilty.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 5, 2011, 06:18 AM »
Happens all the time.

2 best:

1.  Found a burlap bag full of functional real lightsabers.  Picked up the bag and brought them home.  Woke up and didn't have them.  Cranky the rest of the day.  Crankier than usual anyway.

2.  Walked into a store in modern times and found tons of figures from 1977-1985 piled onto the pegs.  Grabbed as many as I could.  Shockingly, didn't have them again when I woke up.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 5, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Thats the worst part. You wake up happy that you found this hall and find out that it was all a dream. I've also had that premonition about needing to stop at a certain store. It usually winds up in my favor.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 6, 2011, 06:19 AM »
I have had several dreams of going to stores that don't exist.  They end up having a Star Wars toy section that is probably half the size of the entire toy section in Target or Walmart.  I usually find many items that don't exist.  The main item seems to be what look like either never produced or bootleg vintage figures in plastic Kenner baggies.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 6, 2011, 10:49 PM »
I've had a few of these, they usually involve finding cool stuff, then either leaving and going back to get them and they've disappeared or i grab them and when I get to the checkout they've mysteriously vanished from my cart. A lot of times it's really bizarre figures that don't even exsist too.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 7, 2011, 08:21 AM »
I've had a few of these, they usually involve finding cool stuff, then either leaving and going back to get them and they've disappeared or i grab them and when I get to the checkout they've mysteriously vanished from my cart.

That wasn't a dream, you were shopping on hasbrotoyshop.com
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 7, 2011, 08:58 AM »
That wasn't a dream, you were shopping on hasbrotoyshop.com

Now THAT is funny.  :D

I actually had toy dream last night, probably cause I read this thread yesterday. I was frantically grabbing new TCW figures off a TRU in-store display. They were in some kind of funky new red packaging, and there were a lot of kids milling about that I had to navigate around. I don;t recall ever getting to the register though.

Hopefully that is just a premonition of my morning, as our TRU gets a new truck today and I have high hopes for new figures. We'll see.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy