Author Topic: Disneyland!  (Read 30327 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Disneyland!
« Reply #30 on: October 2, 2006, 11:33 PM »
I wonder if they'd let me play along? I'm pretty ******' badass with my lightsaber.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #31 on: October 3, 2006, 02:47 AM »
So what kind of things did the Jedi Masters teach the little padawans?
Got Clones?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 3, 2006, 04:04 PM »
Beginner sword play mostly and using the jedi mind trick to get their parents to buy things at the park.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Here are some shots of Vader and Maul in action at Disneyland.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 12:36 PM »
Yeah, this thread hasn't been posted to in almost three years, but it beats the heck out of starting a new, almost identical one!

Anyway, my family is going to Disneyland in about three weeks. It'll be the first time for the girls (ages 4 and 3) and it's been years since either my wife or I have gone. For the Disneyland officianados, anything we should definitely know/do? Also, we'll be driving down from the Bay Area, so we'll probably arrive in the late afternoon. This'll give us possibly enough time to hit the parks that evening for a bit. In addition we'll be staying two more full days. Should we get 2-day or 3-day park hopper passes? Also, I see tickets on eBay that are deeply discounted, but most are stated that they're for SoCal residents only (though the sellers always state, "They don't check your ID!"). Any tricks to getting discounted tickets?

Let the ideas/suggestions flow!

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 02:20 PM »
Yeah, this thread hasn't been posted to in almost three years, but it beats the heck out of starting a new, almost identical one!

Anyway, my family is going to Disneyland in about three weeks. It'll be the first time for the girls (ages 4 and 3) and it's been years since either my wife or I have gone. For the Disneyland officianados, anything we should definitely know/do? Also, we'll be driving down from the Bay Area, so we'll probably arrive in the late afternoon. This'll give us possibly enough time to hit the parks that evening for a bit. In addition we'll be staying two more full days. Should we get 2-day or 3-day park hopper passes? Also, I see tickets on eBay that are deeply discounted, but most are stated that they're for SoCal residents only (though the sellers always state, "They don't check your ID!"). Any tricks to getting discounted tickets?

Let the ideas/suggestions flow!

I know over at California Adventure they just opened up the Toy Story Ride, I haven't been on it yet since I haven't been to Disney in a few months, so I can't say what its like.  Some work places have discounted tickets available to their employees not sure if you or your wife have this available or not. (I know my former job and current job offer discounts to Disney and other places). 

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Thanks! Yeah, we definitely want to hit Disney California, since we've heard there are some good kiddie rides there. I think the only way to go is to get the flexpass/park hopper pass that'll give us access to both parks.

Neither of our offices offer the discounted tickets. We think maybe my mother-in-law can get us some discount tickets through her work (Sun Microsystems), but I'm not sure how much the discount, if any, is.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 02:44 PM »
I wouldn't be fooled by the they don't check IDs claims. Disney very much does at the ticket booth when you buy your tickets. They have to enter your address and driver license into the computer. That of course doesn't apply to children. Don't buy the ebay tickets because Disney won't take them.

As far as summer crowds go, its been fairly low key this summer possibly due to gas prices. Annual passholders can't get into the parks until August 18th. If you are arriving in the afternoon, I wouldn't bother going to the parks. Check into the hotel. Relax at the pool and go have dinner. Check out Downtown Disney. Then you can wake up bright and early and hit the parks the next day. Get a two-day park hopper. The kids will be less cranky the next day if you let them rest after the long drive.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 03:16 PM »
Mouseplanet.com has a weekly updated page on Disneyland discounts. Check this link:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl080729av

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Awesome info, thanks!

Yeah, that "don't check IDs" thing was suspect at best.

Is there going to be a surge of visitors when the annual passholders are allowed in on the 18th? We're actually scheduling to arrive on the 18th. Ugh.

Great suggestion about waiting until the next day. I think we're all going to be cranky after the drive (with the wife being the worst offender  ;)).

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2008, 04:47 PM »
It shouldn't be that bad on the 18th. All of those APs have jobs. They don't start to show up until after 5pm. Besides, you are starting to get into off season at that point.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2008, 04:58 PM »
Awesome. Thanks, again!  :)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 05:24 PM »
Funny I was just there yesterday.  8 year old went on Materhorn & Space Mountain for the first time.
Small World is down for refurbs.  But I'm not sure when it'll be back up so you might be able to get in by the time you go.

We got our tickets from my work saved $20 per adult so that was lunch right there, if you can get a discount look into it now.

Overheard a tip that I'd never heard/thought of yesterday, right a cell number either on the kids arm or on a sticker/nametag in case kids wonder off.

Totally agree w/Phruby on waiting till the next day, plenty of shops to walk around at Downtown Disney just to entertain till bedtime.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 06:03 PM »
I hope the good weather lasts, too.

That's a good idea (though scary) about the cell phone number.

Thanks!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 07:32 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about the missing Kids, just have a plan.  Disney is usually pretty good about reuniting lost kids with the correct parents, although I'm not talking from personal experience.

As long as you don't get too excited and run off without your kids (my father comes to mind with that scenario).   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.