Author Topic: Disneyland!  (Read 30391 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Disneyland!
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 07:55 PM »
They are doing a huge rebuild of It's a Small World but it won't open until mid November. The biggest thing they are doing is swaping out the water way for something deeper. The floom and boats were originally built back in 1964 for the New York World's Fair. Unfortunately, people have gained alot of weight since then and the boats have been getting stuck because of the additional pounds.

Since you have small kids, you probably won't be able to get on some of the bigger rides such as Space Mountain. Disney does however, have a Parent swap system. At the enterance to the ride, ask the cast member for a child swap pass. Then you wait in line while you wife waits at the exit of the ride. Once you come off the ride, they will let your wife ride without having to get back in line again.

Another thing to use is the FassPass system. You get a free ticket with a time stamp on it. You can then return anytime after the time on the card. Remember you don't have to use it within the timeframe given, you just can't use it earlier than your scheduled time.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2008, 07:56 PM »
We went to Disney a couple of years ago when the kids were 3 and 5, and we had them both carry a little card withour cells on them.  They were told that if they got lost, to find an adult with a nametag and give them the card.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 1, 2008, 01:45 PM »
The new Mark VII Monorail blue is doing test runs at DL. Ain't she pretty? These are the new monorails that will replace the Mark V.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 1, 2008, 04:51 PM »
They are doing a huge rebuild of It's a Small World but it won't open until mid November. The biggest thing they are doing is swaping out the water way for something deeper. The floom and boats were originally built back in 1964 for the New York World's Fair. Unfortunately, people have gained alot of weight since then and the boats have been getting stuck because of the additional pounds.

Since you have small kids, you probably won't be able to get on some of the bigger rides such as Space Mountain. Disney does however, have a Parent swap system. At the enterance to the ride, ask the cast member for a child swap pass. Then you wait in line while you wife waits at the exit of the ride. Once you come off the ride, they will let your wife ride without having to get back in line again.

Another thing to use is the FassPass system. You get a free ticket with a time stamp on it. You can then return anytime after the time on the card. Remember you don't have to use it within the timeframe given, you just can't use it earlier than your scheduled time.

That's a bummer about It's a Small World. That would've been fun.

As far as big-kid rides, we're probably not doing any of them, since my wife has zero interest and I'm pretty sure I'd just get a menacing stare from her if I suggested she watch the kids while I ride.

I've read about the FastPass. Sounds like a definite, but I've also heard that for the little-kid rides, FastPass is either not offered or not even necessary. Either way, we'll find out what floats the kids' boats.

We went to Disney a couple of years ago when the kids were 3 and 5, and we had them both carry a little card withour cells on them.  They were told that if they got lost, to find an adult with a nametag and give them the card.

That's a great idea, too. I can totally see my 4-year old "lose herself" just so she can go up to someone with a nametag and say, "I'm lost. Here's my card. Have your people call my people."  :P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 1, 2008, 05:56 PM »
Definate must if you have little girls, got 2 myself, take them to Ariel's Grotto in CA Adventure for lunch or dinner, they'll have a blast.  Trust me.  Try to eat outside on the balcony over the water if possible.

P.S. The Ariel's are usually pretty hot too  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 2, 2008, 02:42 PM »
Don't forget that Ariel's Grotto in DCA has a full service bar.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #51 on: August 3, 2008, 12:03 AM »
I actually just got back from Disneyland and SDCC. It was cool, but not as cool as Disney World. Not sure where you are staying but the Ramada Maingate (and a bunch of others) are right across the street.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 4, 2008, 10:11 AM »
Disneyland has raised their ticket prices again.  :o

Parking is still $12 per car. Annual Pass blockout passes are $40 and the Southern California CityPass remains the same but will got up in January.

The best offer right now is still the special $99 3 day ParkHopper available at most Major Southern California Grocery Stores but you have to be a southern california resident.

First use must be by August 30th, 2008, but if it fits your schedule, it is half the price of a 3 day ParkHopper at the Main Ticket Windows, and even has a longer shelf life, as you have 45 days after first use to use the other 2 days.

Also, the Advance Purchase 3 to 5 Day ParkHoppers at Disneyland.com remain the same price, so you can save $30 to $50 per ticket just buy paying in advance. And if you opt for the "eTicket" Print at Home option, You can also bypass the Ticket Booths and go straight to the Turnstiles.

Also, many Travel Agents and Good Neighbor Hotels still have the old ticket stock on sale, so checking with them can get you the old prices on many tickets. This is also true for the tickets sold by many Credit Unions, Colleges, etc.

As for Annual Passholders, if you are eligible for renewal, hang onto your printed order form that was sent to you by Disneyland. Disney will honor the old prices so long as you renew by mail and mail in the form by the date printed on the form. (The online renewal system will automatically charge you the new, higher prices).

So shop around, and try and avoid buying your tickets at the Main Ticket Booths to save some money.

Enjoy!

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 4, 2008, 10:18 AM »
Okay, pretty much got it all figured out.

A friend from church can get discount 2-day parkhopper tickets for us for $89.60 each for the kids and $105.60 each for the adults. I'm happy with those prices.

We're staying right across the street, so parking isn't necessary. It's literally at the crosswalk that goes to the parks.

Yeah, Ariel's Grotto seems like a really good idea. A buddy at work has girls the same age as mine and couldn't stop raving about the princesses at that place. He said his girls liked them, too.  ;)

I'm officially excited.  :)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 4, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Thanks for the update w/the Annual passes Paul, hopefully next year when I renew it'll still be the same.  Went again last night and went over to DCA just to go on Toy Mania, whatever it's called, oh man that is a cool ride loved it, loved it, loved it.  Definate recommend.  Line moved pretty quick, and wouldn't recommend going after eating w/kids, sure spins quick, not often but when it does it's fast.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2010, 11:20 AM »
According to the official Disneyland blog, Captain EO will return to Disneyland this Tuesday February 23rd! It's suppost to be here for a limited time. (Limited time means until Disney can figure out something else to put in the theater which could be years.)

Captain EO returns

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2010, 01:37 PM »
Good, because "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" is ******* lame.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2010, 03:41 PM »
I loved Captain EO when I was a kid!!  Wasn't it right next to Star Tours or Space Mountain?  Haven't been to Disneyland since I was 16ish or so, but would love to plan another visit especially since I have a ton of relatives in Rancho Cucamonga.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2010, 01:16 AM »
Checked out Captain EO tonight at Disneyland. The theater was full but I didn't have to wait long to get in since the theater holds at least five hundred or more. I got there about five minutes before the show. No problem. They had the old preshow playing on the monitors. It's funny to see skinny Lucas. Disney have some new lighting effects in the back and the floor moves in time with the music. The sound was great! It was nice and loud. No water being thrown at your face but the wind effects worked. No lasers coming out of the screen or fog. Definately a better show than HISTA and should be at Disneyland for the rest of the year. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2010, 02:11 PM »
Interview with Tony Baxter posted at endorexpress.net. He hints at a few star tours items too.

www.endorexpress.net