Author Topic: Disneyland!  (Read 30331 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Disneyland!
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2010, 03:43 PM »
I remember seeing it as a kid. Wasn't too impressed. I guess they are just 'cashing' in on the death of Mr. Jackson.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2010, 06:01 PM »
I remember seeing it as a kid. Wasn't too impressed. I guess they are just 'cashing' in on the death of Mr. Jackson.

Actually its more of a capacity issue. I guess you haven't been to Disneyland for a long time but that place is packed! There is no off season anymore with low crowds. They hit capacity alot of the days of the year. This replaces a show that no one ever goes to and make use of the facility. How often do you want to see a show based on "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" ? That thing is older than most of the people on this site! They need to use the space for something and they need to appeal to the Disneygeek. Why not put an old movie in while Disney works on something more lasting? What would you rather see? Magic Journeys?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2010, 09:15 AM »
I guess you haven't been to Disneyland for a long time but that place is packed!

No, I haven't. It's been close to 20 years since I've been to the World. My parents wanted me to go this year with the rest of our family to introduce the 'next generation' of kids to it but my daughter would only be a year and a half, so she would be too small for it. Maybe in a year or two (any suggestions)?
But I suppose it has to do with location. Being in MN doesn't create many opportunities to go to FL or CA to hit a Disney park.

But I'll agree that if they are showing "Honey" movies, then bring back EO would be a big change for everyone. It would be interested to see if the movie could hold up to today's, not sure if I'll call it standards, but that it won't feel dated.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2010, 11:03 AM »
They are cashing in on Jackson's death big time for this one.  I agree it makes more sense to do so especially if they still had that Honey I Shrunk the Audience playing there.  I am surprised to hear that thing was still playing at all.  The best thing about is they did not have to spend much money to bring it back and it will be "new" to a lot of younger people. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2010, 08:22 PM »
I wonder if they'll be an "improvement" in the technology where Capt Eo will actually reach out and touch children in the audience inapropriately.

Too soon?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2010, 10:51 PM »
I wonder if they'll be an "improvement" in the technology where Capt Eo will actually reach out and touch children in the audience inapropriately.

Too soon?

Yup - too soon in my opinion even though Michael may have been freaky.  Let's wait a bit longer before we go there (again).  Last time I saw the Captian EO show was at age 8 or 9 in the good ol 80's.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2010, 01:17 PM »
Damn, I want to take a drive to Cali now just to go see it! I loved it as a kid. I wonder if i can find the fund to take a trip out next weekend.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 1, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Damn, I want to take a drive to Cali now just to go see it! I loved it as a kid. I wonder if i can find the fund to take a trip out next weekend.

It looks like there's at least something good about living in Arizona.  ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #68 on: March 1, 2010, 08:56 PM »

It looks like there's at least something good about living in Arizona.  ;)

Haha, its the only thing so far. It always so damn hot here and finding figures has no been much easier.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2012, 11:41 AM »
Nothing like resurrecting a old thread but you guys have to see this.

There is a POV of the new Radiator Springs Racers ride at Disney California Adventure. It's part of the new Cars Land that opens this week. It makes Test Track look lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktjTqo-ONc&feature=player_embedded

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2012, 06:38 PM »
Disneyland has raised their ticket prices again.  :o

Parking is still $12 per car. Annual Pass blockout passes are $40 and the Southern California CityPass remains the same but will got up in January.

The best offer right now is still the special $99 3 day ParkHopper available at most Major Southern California Grocery Stores but you have to be a southern california resident.

First use must be by August 30th, 2008, but if it fits your schedule, it is half the price of a 3 day ParkHopper at the Main Ticket Windows, and even has a longer shelf life, as you have 45 days after first use to use the other 2 days.

Also, the Advance Purchase 3 to 5 Day ParkHoppers at Disneyland.com remain the same price, so you can save $30 to $50 per ticket just buy paying in advance. And if you opt for the "eTicket" Print at Home option, You can also bypass the Ticket Booths and go straight to the Turnstiles.

Also, many Travel Agents and Good Neighbor Hotels still have the old ticket stock on sale, so checking with them can get you the old prices on many tickets. This is also true for the tickets sold by many Credit Unions, Colleges, etc.

As for Annual Passholders, if you are eligible for renewal, hang onto your printed order form that was sent to you by Disneyland. Disney will honor the old prices so long as you renew by mail and mail in the form by the date printed on the form. (The online renewal system will automatically charge you the new, higher prices).

So shop around, and try and avoid buying your tickets at the Main Ticket Booths to save some money.

Enjoy!
Wish those prices where still around, will have to pay close to $650 to have that same Annual Pass that cost $389 4 years ago. 

Nothing like resurrecting a old thread but you guys have to see this.

There is a POV of the new Radiator Springs Racers ride at Disney California Adventure. It's part of the new Cars Land that opens this week. It makes Test Track look lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktjTqo-ONc&feature=player_embedded

Saw that at another site, ride looks nice.  Can't wait to go there and ride it to compare with Test Track (Only rode that ride once back in 2001, thought it was okay (mostly the last part of it)).  Radiator Springs looks a lot better from that video.  Wonder how long it will be until the crowds die down from the initial opening crowds. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2012, 06:33 PM »
Disney rededicated Disney California Adventure yesterday. The line for Radiator Springs Racers reached 260 minutes (4 hours!) Looks like DCA is a success finally.

Disney has a new thing for the World of Color fountain show. Mickey Mouse hats with ears that change color in sync with the music during the show! Its make it look really cool when lots of people are wearing them during a show. It's called Glow with the Show.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/06/glow-with-the-show-ears-illuminate-the-mad-t-party-in-time-with-the-white-rabbit-djs-beats-at-the-disneyland-resort/
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:36 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2013, 10:14 AM »
From what I've been hearing recently it looks like a good portion of Disneyland's Tomorrowland and Disney Hollywood Studios (over by the Echo Lake/Indiana Jones Stunt show) will becoming Star Wars land. Some of the things planned is a new restaurant based on the Cantina, a spinner where you fly in x-wings and tie fighters and a Speeder Bike e-ticket attraction.

Oh and for some bazaar reason, Disneyland's Captain EO will be replaced with Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (MILF). I have no idea how you mix Monsters Inc with Star Wars unless you make it a Star Wars alien comedy club hosted by Jar Jar.  It's also weird since DCA is getting a Monsters Inc door coaster at the same time.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 8, 2013, 11:50 AM »
More updates on the possible Star Wars overlay for Disneyland's Tomorrowland. It seems the Astro Orbitor that sits in the front of the land will be moved to the Space Mountain complex. It will sit on top of the Captain EO theater and use the old Starcade upper level as a queue. The PeopleMover tower will become a landing pad for the Falcon. The Falcon will be a walk-thru / meet and greet with Chewbacca.

The Tomorrowland Terrace will be rethemed as the Mos Eisly Cantina.  Maybe it will be enclosed? The Autopia will be torn out and replaced with the moon of Endor. Speeder bikes will leave the Innoventions building and race around that area. There will be a Ewok village with yet another meet and great / walk thru and a restaurant. I guess Endor will have a monorail system since that is staying but hidden behind trees.

All this basically means Tomorrowland is losing one ride (Autopia), gaining a new restaurant/shop and two themed meet&greets.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 8, 2013, 12:37 PM »
I'm excited for this.  I have a nostalgic fondness for Autopia, but it's pretty outdated and smelly.  I was certain they'd upgrade it to a Cars ride, but Radiator Springs in DCA scratched that itch.
"Really?  Sorry."