Author Topic: Disneyland!  (Read 30329 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Disneyland!
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2014, 01:51 AM »
I started this thread over 8 years ago but wasn't able to go at the time.  My wife and daughter (age 4 at the time) and mother-in-law went, and now it's MY turn!  Our family -- 2 daughters (now 12 and 6), wife and I -- are going at the end of January and I'm pretty damn excited!

We have 4 day passes with the FastPass option and are staying at a hotel across the street from the entrance. 

I can't wait!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Have a great time and definitely check out Cars land over at DCA. Radiator Springs Racers is really fun.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2014, 12:19 PM »
Awesome - have a great time Jesse!  We are thinking about going with neighbors for Star Wars Weekends next year...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2014, 12:40 PM »
jesse ur gonna love it, i second Cars land pure awesome
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2014, 05:00 AM »
Sounds great guys, I hope to cover everything multiple times.  My daughters have become daredevils along with their mother, so the rides will be a big focus.  Since we're going in between Christmas break and Spring break, I'm hoping the lines will be a little quicker to get through.

I should really do some research to see what collectibles I can hope to find at Disney.  I hope they're still doing those Build-A-Droids.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 7, 2014, 01:08 AM »
What a fun week we had!  We hit Disney for four days and Universal Studios for a day as well.  I think we picked the right time to go because there were hardly any lineups to deal with.  Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Matterhorn, Radiator Springs Racers -- just so many fun rides.  I'm normally a big wimp, but it was so worth pushing myself to try them out.  I still couldn't bring myself to try the California Screamin' rollercoaster though!

Naturally, I had to grab some collectibles too!

Jedi Mickey's Starfighter - I don't even remember hearing about this coming out, so it was a neat surprise to find.

Ambush at Star Tours - I only found one of these sets, there was no way I could pass on this set with Vader.

Star Tours Search for the Rebel Spy - During the Star Tours ride, one person is chosen from the group as the "rebel spy" and their pic is shown on the screen.  My wife was chosen!

Droid Factory - My daughters and I each made 2 droids and had a lot of fun doing it.  I went with a red & white theme for both, gotta show my Canadian colours!  I still need to come up with names for them...

Vinylmation Pins sets - I haven't purchased any of these pins online before, but seeing them in person they were much cooler.

Vinylmation Droids Pins and Regular Pins - The Droid series pins are "Junior" ones, so a little shorter and come blind packed with 5 per package.  There are 14 in total to collect.  I was pretty stoked to get only OT ones (C-3PO, R5-D4, 4-LOM, IG-88, 2-1B), there are also some PT pins and Star Tours pins.

R2-D2 Mickey Ears hat - I just couldn't pass on the chance to dress like a kid and wear some Mickey ears with a Star Wars style.

R2-D2 Light Chaser - Who doesn't love hearing R2s sound effects?  Throw in some lights and I'm a sucker.  Check out the video!

R2-D2 Light Chaser vid

Indiana Jones Vinylmation Figure - I bought one of these to try my luck at what I'd get from the blind package and got the chase Idol figure.  Pretty cool.

R2-D2 Popcorn bucket - My wife bought this for me!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 7, 2014, 09:18 AM »
Wow! That is quite a hall of stuff you picked up. I'm glad you had a great time there. What did you buy at Universal?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 7, 2014, 11:51 AM »
wow heck ya that a fantastic amount of stuff, to me this is what made SW & Disney such a perfect fit all that stuff was released before big D bought SW, so i can't wait to see what else comes from them.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 7, 2014, 12:46 PM »
Wow, sounds like a blast.  Glad you had a fun time!

My neighbors and I are planning a trip to Disney in 2015.  Curious to know if anyone can tell me pros/cons of going for Star Wars Weekends.  I'm obviously interested in any extra attention given to Star Wars and I know lots of patrons/employees dress in Star Wars costumes, but are there any other distinct advantages to going in June?  On the flip side, I'm worried it will be crazy hot for all the parents and kids vs. going in Feb/March.  Any advice or experiences would be appreciated. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 7, 2014, 01:15 PM »
I'm obviously interested in any extra attention given to Star Wars and I know lots of patrons/employees dress in Star Wars costumes, but are there any other distinct advantages to going in June? 

My cousin went during SW Weekends (not sure if she planned it that way) but I know they had a parade and Billy Dee was in it.  I know some of the actors show up... not sure what their involvement is other than the parade (autograph sessions?)... But that's all I can offer.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2014, 03:34 AM »
Wow! That is quite a hall of stuff you picked up. I'm glad you had a great time there. What did you buy at Universal?

I didn't buy nearly as much at Universal, but I found an awesome Transformers zip up sweater and a Despicable Me T-shirt.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2015, 09:36 AM »
Here is a video of a little girl dressed up as Darth Vader at the Jedi Training Academy. She had some great interaction with the  Stormtroopers and Darth Maul during the show.

http://youtu.be/fxc1D9eUs28
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:36 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2015, 12:14 PM »
That's awesome Paul!  As soon as my one year old is big enough, we're going!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2015, 06:59 PM »
1 of these days i'll find the video (its on tape  :-[ ) of the main jedi guy actually loosing his grip on the light-up saber and accidently flinging the saber behind/off the stage. but i'll give the guy credit he kept on going with the performance. no one yelled or screamed so i guess it didn't hit anyone on the other side. me n wife were sitting behind the soundboard guy and he was laughing his a$$ off.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2015, 12:07 AM »
Here is a video of a little girl dressed up as Darth Vader at the Jedi Training Academy. She had some great interaction with the  Stormtroopers and Darth Maul during the show.

http://youtu.be/fxc1D9eUs28

That's awesome.  We're going in June - any tips for sign up or reservations?  How soon can you reserve a spot for this?