Author Topic: RE #12 - Terror Reborn  (Read 15319 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
RE #12 - Terror Reborn
« on: August 10, 2005, 10:30 PM »

That's it... #12 is finished!  I hope you guys enjoyed this one.  It was a challenge and very time consuming.  I am going to begin #13 here soon!

:P
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 12:48 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: RE #12 - Terror Reborn
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 11:33 PM »
Wow, that was good! Came out of nowhere too, I wasn't expecting it to be ready this quick!

I liked how the Badoo Corba returned, as well as Sidious' interest in Rykrof. IMO, Rykrof needs an actual villian to fight now. I also enjoyed the conversation with Valorum.

My one gripe: Where was Anakin's mechanical arm? :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 12:16 AM »
Thanks Diddly!  I really wanted to bring back the Badoo Corba; and thought it was time for Trigg Fudda to meet his "destiny."  Rykrof will have many enemies in the future.

What did you think of Trigg Fuuda essentially outwitting himself?  By trying to kill Palpatine, he was actually trying to kill the one he truly wanted to serve. 

The space battle pic was a bit of a challenge.  But now that I'm getting more comfortable with that type of editing I think we'll be seeing some more battles among the stars.

And thanks for pointing out the mechanical hand issue.  I can't believe I missed that... but it's been fixed now.   Luckily this one was an easy fix.  :)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 12:17 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 12:18 AM »
I love this story and want to have it's babies. :-*

I really love it, CHEWIE. I think the Badoo Corba should be a more terror driven organization. I have a few ideas I could bounce off you if you'd like.

I dig the direction this story is going. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 12:40 AM »
Sure, Kevin feel free to PM me.  We could even discuss here and see if anyone else has any ideas.  I like to work on these independentally, but can always use more ideas.

I added in a bit of facial expression to a couple of pics... can you guys tell where they are?  Do they look ok?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 01:06 AM »
I can only notice the smile added to Tylin. It looks good, but makes him look a bit like Elvis. :P

Also, that was an interesting twist you mentioned about Trigg. Just points out the manipulation Palpatine used during that era.

BTW, CHEWIE, check your PMs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 02:32 AM »
 :o :o :o

CHEWIE, like I said last time, you are only getting better at this. :) This was the best chapter yet. There was very little action like you had said, and I think it was perfect. The story is getting so intense that you can have episodes like this that are just as exciting as any with battles in them. I like the facial expressions you have added, Tylin looks a little like this ":D" though. I like Palpy's eyes when he appears before the Senate,they are nice and scary looking. The few battle shots you threw in look great, your effects are leaps and bounds above what they were on #1. I really like how Trigg was killed off by Sidious, it is good to see him in action sometimes, and not always be a behind-the-scenes player. The effects for Trigg's death were very nice too. I really liked the Coruscant backgrounds you used, they look really nice. The war droids in Sidious' place are cool looking but they look more like loading droids than war droids. The evo Anakin and Green commander look good, lucky Bastard. :P The props you are using look great too, they really add to the scene, it looks better with some real props when possible, instead of all digital. Not saying your digitial stuff looks bad at all, I just like real stuff. :) I like the scenes with Rykrof and Valorum. You really dove into Rykrof's emotions this time, and I really like how he isn't some ignorant shcmuck. I'm glad he is catching on. I really liked the little snippet on the Death Star construction. :)

My one little gripe is we have no idea how Palpy knows of Rykrof's suspisions. It would have been cool to see a spy watching Rykrof in one of the Cantinas or briefing scenes, unless......  I'll PM you this idea, I kinda like it. :)

I'm in love with this chapter, it is the best one yet. I can't say how much I'm looking forward to episode #13! ;D
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 06:12 AM »
Hey, Chewie!  What a great surprise, getting another story up!!!

Love the plot-heavy episode!  Great work, as usual.

Will do another "play by play" analysis in a day or two.....thanks for your awesome efforts, as always!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 06:46 AM »
Excellent work as always! I love Troffar, and I like those two War Droids...what are they made out of?

This edition makes it very clear that you're getting more comfortable with the editing too. All in all very good and well worth spending 5 or so minuets this morning to read!  :P (Actually, it'd be worth it despite the length)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 11:04 AM »
Awesome Job CHEWIE! You said this one didnt have as much action as some and would be more "boring" but it was just as interesting as any of them with fighting in it, definnatley the best editing and picture taking job of the series! P.S. Do you have a name for the Green Color scheme clone commander behind tarkin?(im assuming hes a commander)
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Wow, lots of comments.  I'm surprised so many people seem to have liked this one.  I was actually very nervous because I know some people just want to see battles and nothing but pics of Imperials.  I'll try and answer everyone's questions.

Diddly - For that pic on Tylin, I was going for more of smirk.  In the dialogue it says he laughs a bit.  But it didn't turn out as well as I'd planned obviously.

The other facial expression changes were on Palpatine in the view screen, Palpatine when he is zapping Trigg Fuuda, and Trigg Fuuda when he is getting killed.

SLC - Thanks for all of those comments!  It makes me feel like it's worth it when someone goes into such detail.  The War Droids will look more menacing when their guns are in in an upright position.  I really liked that shot of Trigg walking into the building.  It was a challenge but I think it added a bit of depth to that picture.

I just had to throw Valorum in there.  I've neglected his character way too much.  There's so much more I want to do with the character, and right now he's kind of one of the few that don't trust Palpatine.  Rykrof is leaning that way now too.

As for how does Palpatine know?  For starters he can read another's thoughts... but if I revealed how he really knew right now I'm afraid it would reveal too much of what is to happen in futures installments.  Soon enough, it will be revealed.

Quazar - I'm glad you liked it; I figured you would like the plot heavy story.  It had a lot more plot in it than #10 - Depths of Cholganna, which I know was a letdown story-wise.  I can't wait to hear your comments and critique.

-Vator- - The War Droids came from some sort of mechanical robots that I bought at a Sam Goody store.  I think the company Capcom makes them.  I didn't alter them any.  I bought them several months back and thought they'd look good as a type of droid. 

And I'm getting comfortable with editing somewhat, but still have a lot of learning to do.  Sorry this one was so long... it's just hard to tell a story without making it at least a certain length.

crazy about Clones- Thanks buddy.  I'm glad that you didn't think it was boring... I was so afraid that people might.  to add in a little more "action" I showed those holo images of the AT-TEs and AT-ATs in the pics of Rykrof and Tylin having a converstation. 

The picture taking still is hard though, I really need a better camera,  and I can only edit the pics so much.

I don't really have a name for the Green Clone Commander... he's just a cool looking clone I guess... how about Commander Grawn?

One other thing was that I wanted to throw in a little about Rhen Var at the end once again.  Just to show that the Separatists are doing some research there, which is why they attacked the planet.  More on that later though!

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 03:10 PM »
and so the plot thickens :D

Poor, poor rykof, Getting sent to yet another assignment. Well, that means more photonovels!

I LOVED this chapter, Chewie! It had the perfect balance of action and plot, just like your recent new cahpters. I love it!

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 03:12 PM »
Commander Grawn sounds like an awesome name for an Awesomem Clone Commander :P ;D
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 04:25 PM »
Sorry this one was so long... it's just hard to tell a story without making it at least a certain length.

I certainly didn't mean it was too long, my intent was that it'd be worth reading however long it took...since I said it was well worth the 5 mins to read. Sorry for any confusion.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Sorry this one was so long... it's just hard to tell a story without making it at least a certain length.

I certainly didn't mean it was too long, my intent was that it'd be worth reading however long it took...since I said it was well worth the 5 mins to read. Sorry for any confusion.

Hell, you could make these 500 pages and I'd gladly read 'em. :)
"This is the way."