Author Topic: RE #12 - Terror Reborn  (Read 15317 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: RE #12 - Terror Reborn
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2005, 05:23 PM »

Hell, you could make these 500 pages and I'd gladly read 'em. :)

You tell 'em Sith Lord!

Now I finally know when we get to see Dathomir, Can't wait for that, I've been excited ever since you mentioned it. And we got a great story that lead us into it! I like the battle shots you use, it's a very nice way to portray the ongoing action of the war, and still leave time for the rest of the story to move. action and drama.

That clone gunboat, was it based off the Storm Skimmer from WEG minis?

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2005, 07:04 PM »
Yeah, The dathomir plot looks exciting now! I also like the inclusion of Bledda, Oh Chewie, you know how to make a mandalorian fanboy proud!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Perennial - I'm glad you're looking forward to the Dathomir story.  I guess it's kind of built up now that it's been "officially" mentioned in the series.  No turning back now; Rykrof is off to Dathomir.   :)

Dimetrodon - Actually, Owen D. made that for me.  I've had him commission several vehicles lately; here are more pics of it over at his site - http://www.owenscustoms.com/lightattackspeeder.html

I'm also glad that you think the way I am showing some battle shots on other planets and in space is working out ok.  I'm trying to portray the war as being on a galactic scale, and showing that Rykrof is just one element in it.  I want to keep the focus on his character, but still show that a lot more is going on than just his life events.

Also, there will be a story or two coming up where the focus isn't just showing Rykrof (this one kind of is a preview of that, as it's more about the Badoo Corba than Rykrof for the most part).  Rykrof will still be in them of course, and he is the main character, but I need to show some stuff that happens with the people that are close to him in his life.  Remember on the Dathomir mission, he isn't bringing either Ralbarr or Tylin with him.  He's on his own with just clone troopers.

Time in and time out he's had his friends help bail him out of danger.  Essentially as this last story said, he's being set up to be eliminated.  The odds will be against him, and to top it off, Dathomir is a very dangerous planet.

:P 

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 01:51 AM »
All right; time for my two cents...

This is the first Rykrof story where I can say I honestly have nothing to suggest or add. I think you really nailed this one Chewie. The plot was great, nice and dark, and it was refreshing to have Rykrof be more of a bit player in this...I'd move the focus to supporting characters from time to time. I like that this is leading into the Dathomir story...I'm really psyched about that one and I think this may be the one where you might want to give us some real cliffhangers and wind the mission through more than one chapter. The dangling plotline of what Dooku and Palpy are looking for on Rhen Var is also very satisfying, and I think you're doling out just enough to keep it in our minds, but not rushing the reveal. Good work.

Trigg's end in this chapter is really inspired, and I think as much as it would have been satisfying on some level to have Rykrof bring him to justice, his own machinations leading to his end ring much more true. The fact that he dies alone moments after discovering the truth was a nice touch, as was Palpy's dialogue as he rained lighting down on the poor bastard.

The effects continue to improve by leaps and bounds, and I liked the manipulations of the facial expressions. Palpy really does look the part of an exhausted elder statesman as he addresses the Senate, and it's a look that would generate sympathy from the very people he seeks to decieve. By far this was the best chapter yet. I have my suspicions as to how Palpatine knows about Rykrof's mounting distrust, as well as what Palpy and Dooku are looking for...but I'll PM you on those just in case I'm right.  ;)

Now lets see some Dathomir!!!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2005, 11:19 AM »
Darth Delicious - Thanks for all of the kind words.  I'm glad that you liked where I added in a few facial expressions, and that the way Trigg Fuuda died was acceptable.  I wanted Rykrof to be the one to kill him originally, but I thought it would give the overall story a lot more depth if Trigg was killed by Palpatine; and he got way in over his head with what he was doing.  Didn't know it until the instant before he gets zapped by force lightning.  I'm interested in hearing why you think Palpatine is beginning to suspect Rykrof.  Something tells me you're probably on to it already.

Again, I'm overwhelmed by the acceptance of this story.  It really has surprised me.

The way the Dathomir story is looking, it will definitely be more than a one chapter story.  If it's condensed into one, I think it would look too rushed, or it would be a 100 page story. which is probably too long.  I like to make them around 40-50 if possible.  It's even possible that it could stretch out even over three stories because I want to also show some events with other characters in the series at the same time.  And gotta throw in Alyssa Enloe sometime.  She's too sexy to leave out.   ;)

So, I'm working out the script still, and probably won't start any of the photography for a couple weeks.  I usually spend an entire Sunday on it, then 4-5 hours a night on the folllowing week.  They're just so time consuming.  CHEWIE needs to refresh, unstress, and then get back into the swing of things.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 02:44 PM »
Do anything you have to, Chewie. We don't want another photonovel at the expense of a friend's health! Rest up!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2005, 01:35 PM »
WOW!!!

This photonovel is ******* awesome CHEWIE! I love how you gave us a bit of a cliffhanger. You have everything set up in such a way that this one felt like Act II of a three-act play. The pieces are in place, and now the story will play itself out. It almost feels like Assault on Rhen Var, Terror Reborn and your next photonovel are like a small trilogy within the Rykof Enloe series. Great stuff!

And I love the Gran terrorist, that guy's awesome! Are we going to see him in action next photonovel?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mandalorian

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Dude, this is really cool stuff.  Came out looking great.  Love the story as well.
"If I was Fett I would hunt JarJar first and cut out his tongue!"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005, 01:40 PM »
We don't want another photonovel at the expense of a friend's health! Rest up!

Speak for yourself.

Toil! Toil! ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Chewie,

Awesome job!  The story is solid as well as intruiging.  I can't wait to see where the plot goes!

I also liked the facial expressions you added, not perfected yet, but well done for a first effort.  How did you pull it off btw, photoshop manipulation?

Bring on Chapter 13!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Thanks again for the kind words guys.

Perennial - Thanks for that, I appreciate it.  With working a lot, stress, having my recent insomnia, etc - it's hard to have time for these.  But, I'm committed to them.

Lando - Ed, it's always nice to hear what you have to say on my customs.  We go a long way back from the old yakface days, and it's cool to get feedback from you.  You're right, I'm trying to make the stories intertwine more now.  And The Dathomir story will be a continuation of what just happened with Terror Reborn.  Dathomir might need to be broken out to 2-3 stories though, as what I have in mind is a major project, and I want to at the same time tell a sub-story with another of the main characters, Tylin Gere. 

Mandalorian - Thanks, it's nice to see a few other people reading these.  I don't know if you've read the first 11 in the series, so hopefully this made sense to someone who may not have read the others.

Dressel Jr - Just for that, I'm putting off the next photonovel another month.   ;)

Matt_Fury - Thanks, I hope the plot isn't heading for a letdown or anything.  I don't think it is though.  This one had such a positive response, that I'm feeling more positive about the direction I am taking this.  I was afraid this last story would be too boring for everyone.  The facial expressions were added in digitally, but unfortunately I don't have photoshop.  I get the feeling I could make these look a lot better with a nicer program.

Anyways, I've started scripting the next one in my head and have written a few things down.  It will definitely be about Dathomir, and will focus on a lot of plot too.  The Dathomir story is going to be very big I think, and I will need to break it out into a two or three part story.  It would just be too long for one stand alone story.  Way too much in my head for one single "episode."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 04:00 PM »
Hey CHEWIE i dont know if youll be heading to my old home FFURG anytime soon so ill post it here.
Could you post the photo novels at FFURG because i cant see em here that would be awsome; i can see the latest ones 11 and #12 but i looked through the others and no results  :(

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Yeah, I can start posting them at FFURG.  Right now, #10 - Depths of Cholganna should still be working in this section here.

I started posting #11 - Seige on Rhen Var, but at FFURG there is a limit on the number of attachments you can put in one post.  So, I don't know if I can get them all the pics from one story in at once.  When I realized I couldn't get all the pics up in one thread, I decided not to do it at the time.

For the first 9 stories, I have to get them all back up and hosted first though (1-9 are all down currently due to my bandwidth restrictions).

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2005, 06:40 AM »
Love it CHEWIE!!!!

Keep it up, I really enjoy the work that you have put into this!!!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2005, 10:21 AM »
like everyone said your photonovels are the best out there. but there one thing i wasd wondering about , do you have any how tos on photo novels? i was thinking of starting a photonovel for the stories of the troops and jedi in the SECOND (not first) Civil War