Author Topic: RE #12 - Terror Reborn  (Read 15334 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: RE #12 - Terror Reborn
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Jedirhino - Thanks buddy.  Good to see you still around here.    :)

Smartypants1635 - Well, no I never made a tutorial or anything... I'm still learning these as I go.  I use a program called Microsoft Picture It, and it's a decent program but not as good as Photoshop. 

I would say for starters, you need to create a diorama for each environment, then digitally add in backgrounds, effects, etc.  It takes quite a bit of practice... practice is probably my best advice.  And I think that trying to create your own characters, storyline, using customs, etc. really adds to the experience.

:P

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 06:58 PM »
Chewie,

The rest of us took a vote and the overwhelming majority want you to quit posting and finish your photo-novels.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2005, 03:41 AM »
Good to see the extended storyline is in the works, Chewie. I've been clamoring for a multi-parter from you for awhile now, and I can't wait to see it!

Dathomir! That means Rancor mounts, right?   ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Matt_Fury - I'll try to come up with a happy medium for my regular customs and photonovels.   ;)

DD - Yeah, the storyline has definitely extended - before, I guess it was almost like a cartoon with little structure and just went on a story by story basis.  But now it's starting to take more shape.

The thing about the next one, #13 - Seeds of Betrayal, is that it won't focus just on Dathomir - but it will involve Rykrof's mission there.  There are several small plotlines that I'm trying to intertwine together (some from the films, some fan fic) - it's a little difficult, but it's so much fun.

Yes, we will see Rancors in the series.  Remember that the Dathomir story will take place over more than just one photonovel though, so if there are some things that don't show up in this story, remember that #14 will be much more involved on Dathomir.  Very involved indeed.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Great Work as always Chewie.

I really like the design of your military speeder, but I feel it could use one of those awsome Chewie wheathering job you do so well.

I also just realized how many years your story arc takes place over. Rykrof is really ageing well, maybe it's about time you give him a couple streaks of gray.

can't wait to read your next capter
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2005, 04:18 AM »
Thank you Fritzkrieg - that miltary speeder is courtesty of www.owenscustoms.com actually - I might "digitally" weather it some in a future story where more speeders are shown.

Yeah, the storyline of Rykrof starts from a month before TPM when he is in his early 20s to the Clone Wars at this point - let's see him as mid 40s by the time of ROTS which means he could be physically active until after ROTJ in battle.  So lots of action to come for this guy potentially!

Thank you as always, and if you have any specifis to chat or question about, just let me know!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2006, 11:31 PM »
I remember seeing the preview shot of that Darth Sidious before, but now I can really see that he meant business!  I liked the effect of Palpatine frying Trigg!

I love how you keep showing how Sidious is manipulating everybody; that it goes into much more detail than what we saw in the films. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Much appreciated Greg.  I think in the last couple stories maybe I've gotten away from some of the personal stuff with Palpatine, I need to go back to that a bit more like I did in this one.  Still looking for ways to improve these always and your feedback helps.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2006, 04:09 PM »
Wow!This keeps getting better!Keep going!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!