Author Topic: Jango Fett (Pilot)  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Jango Fett (Pilot)
« on: January 3, 2003, 12:27 PM »
AE's Reviews: Jango Fett (Slave 1)
Pro's -
Perfect likeness, Head sculpt is best I've ever seen.
Con's-
Jet-pack isn't removable. Action feature has completely ruined the figure beyond decency.

----------------------------------------------------

Movie Accuracy : 9/10
This is the best looking figure in a long time. Perfect head-sculpt, decent kick-ass pose but not an over-done action-pose. This guy looks great on your desktop. The only cons is the jetpack is not accurate (as it is a button).

Articulation : 2/10
There's 8 points total, but because of the P.O.S action feature, only 6 of the 8 are workable points (the "action" feature completely ruins the arms). The elbows are decently posed so that they can be articulated at different positions and look nice, and legs are actually decently straight instead of skewed out at a stupid angle. This figure should have been perfect, but the Hasbro morons put this "arm slinging" action feature in and completely F'D up the figure. I'll make this very clear, his shoulder joints are as limp as your vintage C3PO's... His shoulder joints cannot be moved without pressing the jet-pack button, in which case the arms jump up into a firing position. P.O.S, you cannot pose beyond moving his elbows and head.

Pose-ablility : 2/10
What a disgrace... This action feature really did ruin this figure. This figure could have EASILY been in my top 5 Saga list. You cant pose his arms because of his shoulders.

Customizer's Factor :
Salvage this thing as much as you can... if you can figure out how to take the Kamino Escape arms and torso, and keep the Pilot legs, arms, and head, you'll have a perfect figure. AKA- if you think you can fix the action feature and make the arms work, you've got a perfect figure.

Last word :
I'm so disapointed with this figure because I see how great it could have been were it not for the P.O.S action feature. Hasbro should re-release this figure w/o a action feature so I buy it and return this... travesty.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2003, 12:29 PM by Brad Soldato (Angry Ewok) »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Zam Wessel
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2003, 12:41 PM »
AE's Reviews:Zam Wessel
Pro's -
Great improvement from the 'Preview' version. Good articulation.
Con's-
Action feature, change-ling "face" doesn't fit well

----------------------------------------------------

Movie Accuracy : 9/10
I'm a big fan of Zam because I think the costume is great looking... Because the figure is accurate to the movie, this is one of the better looking Saga Figures around right now. Good. The face isn't dead-on, but it's close enough.

Articulation : 8/10
Holy moley! 12 points total! I'm so pleased that the 'Preview' Zam improved from maybe 5 points to a GOOD Zam of 12. Perfect. Of course, the "action feature" makes the 1 arm a bit immoble at time but thank-god you can still pose the arm. One of the points is actually her arm that is a magnet... Very nice-strong magnet, I'm pleased. Unfortunately her wrist on that arm isnt artic'd like the other is, but 12 is a lot to ask for and still be unhappy. I'm pleased.

Pose-ablility : 8/10
I can have her on her knee, running (with a stand)... all of this stuff... but I can't have her holding her long-rifle... The magnet hand is to blame, as if it were ball-joint it probably woulda been able to hold a rifle like she does in the movie. I'm still pleased.

Customizer's Factor :
I'd just shave the changle-ing face enough to actually fit her, but that's all I'd do... there's really nothing that completely ruins this figure (see Jango Pilot for an example of that), so I wouldn't custom her.

Last word :
Great figure.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re:Jango Fett (Pilot)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 01:48 AM »
Want a quick fix for Jango's arms? I made a tiny loop in some fishing line and wrapped it in the space between the arms and torso. I made another tiny loop and feed the line in the opposite direction. After it bacame tight in the space, I snipped it off .Now I have a jango pilot the has arms that now can be posed.
I would give him an 8/10 just because it took me a little while to locate my fishing line ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 01:53 AM by stormtripper »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:Jango Fett (Pilot)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2003, 11:23 AM »
Great reviews. I just got mine the other day & I'm most pleased with the figure. In the storage box he will go.