Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2005  (Read 118553 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2005 - Season open at yahoo.com
« Reply #1140 on: November 29, 2005, 03:16 PM »
ppppfffft, like I give a **** about Baseball or Basketball (which I'm doing quite well in this time around).

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 29, 2005, 03:20 PM »
ppppfffft, like I give a **** about Baseball or Basketball (which I'm doing quite well in this time around).

lol

Okay, just make sure you factor those defeats at my hand into the little score sheet you have going.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 29, 2005, 03:29 PM »
My score sheet is for head-to-head matchups.

And it reads like this...

Fantasy Football:
Me - 3
You - 0

Chess:
Me - 2
You - 0

I'm pitching shut-outs here!

:)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 29, 2005, 03:49 PM »

I'm pitching shut-outs here!

Well, you're pitching something alright, unfortunately that would be half truths.  I look at it like this: 

Football:

Last year:  You finished 1st/14 and I finished 3rd/14
This year:  I'm ahead of you.

Chess:

You beat me 2 games one night at about 11 PM my time and earlier your time.  Congrats - i'm up for a rematch of that evening.

Baseball:

You got absolutely destroyed by me.

Basketball:

Same, you got killed.

So from where I stand, overall, I'm up on you by a bit.  We'll see the end result of NFL this year, you are down so far.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 29, 2005, 04:42 PM »
Chess excuses?  I'm 1 hour behind you and you picked the time.  So skip all that nonsense.  I'll play you again whenever you want - nothing about our last games made me think there was an hour of the day where you'd be able to keep up.   :)

As for your third place finish in Football, that's fantastic and all but it was a head-to-head league and I beat you twice en route to the championship.  (Plus one head-to-head win this year)

This year my team isn't so good, but you're a draft selection order change away from being much worse too.  Lucky you that you ended up with the number 1 pick to get Tomlinson - he accounts for about 26% of your team's points.  No skill involved there.  And he's the only reason you're ranked higher than I am because we both have 6-6 records right now.  So there isn't much to brag about there.  This year of my first four picks only ONE of them has been any good (Westbrook) - Walker got hurt after 30 yards receiving in week one, Moss has sucked all year and so has Jamal Lewis.  Oh well.

Baseball, we all know what happened there - SP/RP accounted for a lot of your lead for a lot of the season.  Then the last two months of baseball I completely let my team fall off the face of the Earth - I didn't make a line-up change, I didn't start any pitchers, I didn't care because I got interested in Football.  But yes, you would have won even without the SP/RP's - it's your forte afterall - but my 5th or 6 place finish doesn't count as destruction, because I was in third place when I basically stopped playing.

Basketball last year - I had absoutely Zero idea what I was doing when we drafted and my team was bad.  No secret there. 

« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 04:49 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 29, 2005, 06:42 PM »
Kinda funny how you keep clinging to this "head to head" idea as if any other competition we were in like basketball and baseball just doesn't count because we didn't have individual games against each other.  My teams were pitted against your teams and everyone elses and I smashed you in 2 out of 3 sports.   Let's break this down:

Chess excuses?  I'm 1 hour behind you and you picked the time.  So skip all that nonsense.  I'll play you again whenever you want - nothing about our last games made me think there was an hour of the day where you'd be able to keep up.   :)

Okay, we'll rematch.  1 night that we played 2 years ago is a pretty weak argument for you, so I'll leave it that we will rematch.

As for your third place finish in Football, that's fantastic and all but it was a head-to-head league and I beat you twice en route to the championship.  (Plus one head-to-head win this year)

Okay, true, but more on this later.

This year my team isn't so good, but you're a draft selection order change away from being much worse too.  Lucky you that you ended up with the number 1 pick to get Tomlinson - he accounts for about 26% of your team's points. 

Wrong.  I did not have the number 1 pick.  Capital Land Kats did, and he took Shaun Alexander.  If Alexander fell to my pick and Kats took Tomlinson, Alexander still would have provided me the same amount of points.  Also, 1/4 of the team's points coming from a first round draft choice happens to some teams in the league every single year.

And he's (Tomlinson) the only reason you're ranked higher than I am because we both have 6-6 records right now.  So there isn't much to brag about there.  This year of my first four picks only ONE of them has been any good (Westbrook) - Walker got hurt after 30 yards receiving in week one, Moss has sucked all year and so has Jamal Lewis.  Oh well.

I could say the same, first if you're going to subtract the best player from my team, then also subtract the best player from your's.  And you whining about your first 4 picks is pathetic - take a look at mine.  Joe Horn was hurt and sucked, same with Domanick Davis, and Darrell Jackson I outright released.  This part of your "argument" holds absolutely no water.

Baseball, we all know what happened there - SP/RP accounted for a lot of your lead for a lot of the season.  Then the last two months of baseball I completely let my team fall off the face of the Earth - I didn't make a line-up change, I didn't start any pitchers, I didn't care because I got interested in Football.  But yes, you would have won even without the SP/RP's - it's your forte afterall - but my 5th or 6 place finish doesn't count as destruction, because I was in third place when I basically stopped playing.

Subtract the SP/RP points from my team and I still win, even if Scott keeps his.  And on top of that, you just can't subtract those points from my team and give me nothing back, you have to give me a minimum of half that back from the players I would have had that replace Hermanson and Turnbow.

And if you're saying my 300 point lead on you only grew to 500 or whatever it was, just because you "quit" or "stopped making moves," that's even worse than trying and losing as far as I'm concerned.

Now, I don't want to hear that this was your "first time playing fantasy baseball" because that negates your entire football thesis, because I watched my first NFL game last August, and that was my first time playing fantasy football.

Basketball last year - I had absoutely Zero idea what I was doing when we drafted and my team was bad.  No secret there. 

Kay, just like your baseball defense then.  Football was my first time too.

So - 3 sports, and I took 2 out of the 3 over you. 

:D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 06:44 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1146 on: November 29, 2005, 09:06 PM »
Neither of you guys need to worry about winning it thios year. I'm going to have to beat you both. :-*
"This is the way."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 3, 2005, 12:04 PM »
In Scott's absence Lamont Jordan doesn't seem to be deserving of much derision at this point, does he? :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1148 on: December 4, 2005, 07:26 PM »
So what are the scores looking like so far?
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 4, 2005, 08:29 PM »
As of 8:30 EST

Capital Land Kats 23.76 (3)
The Zods 34.65 (3)

The Famine 73.62 (0)
Dressels Vengeance 15.97 (3)

The Golden Girls 38.81 (0)
The Mathematicians 66.87 (2) Winner

The Nameless 39.10 (2)
Canuckleheads 53.71 (1)

Minnesota Muskies 54.65 (2) Winner
THE CUSPIDS 44.86 (0)

SGC Airmen 48.31 (0)
Nerfherders 30.31 (1)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: December 4, 2005, 09:32 PM »
Those numbers might not be completely right.  Looks like my stat-tracker froze up so it might not have been updated.

Now it's just not working at all for me.

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 4, 2005, 09:34 PM »
Wahoo! After that Gates TD, if I can get ~4 more points, I can steal the 3rd seed from Ryan....  :D

Edit: Well, after Zod's last post, that may or may not be accurate.  :(
« Last Edit: December 4, 2005, 09:35 PM by Matt Carroll »
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1152 on: December 4, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Wahoo! After that Gates TD, if I can get ~4 more points, I can steal the 3rd seed from Ryan....  :D

Edit: Well, after Zod's last post, that may or may not be accurate.  :(

I sure hope not.  :-X
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 4, 2005, 10:13 PM »
10:11 EST:

Capital Land Kats 24.16
The Zods 40.14