Author Topic: Customs of Us  (Read 64499 times)

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project 8 - Customs of Us
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2005, 03:41 AM »
BTW where did you get that pda arm thingamabob?

It's from a G.I. Joe toy, isn't it?  Mainframe, a character from the Valor vs. Venom line, I believe.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2005, 09:47 AM »
Your close. He's name is Hard Drive from GI Joe Valor vs Venom.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Two weeks left for this group project. ;D

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2005, 01:21 PM »
PLENTY of time.... ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2005, 01:28 PM »
Hopefully we'll get a few more submissions in guys.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

:P

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2005, 05:03 PM »
I should have mine posted tomorrow. Still trying to figure out a backstory.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2005, 09:15 AM »
I'm probably going to be a little late with mine but I will have them all posted....eventually. :P ;D

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2005, 03:54 AM »
Here is my entry:

Todro Haida was born on Alderaan 15 years before the Battle of Naboo by spice miners. He was found by Ki Adi Mundi and trained by Agen Kolar. Todro learned very quickly and surprised many Jedi Masters even Master Yoda. Was with Agen Kolar at the Battle of Geonosis and got seperated from the surviving Jedi. Thought dead he and Padawan Barris Offee battled numerous Battle Droids to get to safety of the front lines. Yoda and the Jedi Council told him the the Battle on Geonosis was his Jedi Trial and was then made Jedi Knight.

Todro fought on many planets during the Clone Wars and lost many friends including his padawan, a Trandoshan named Koskk. He was stationed on Kashyyyk along with Master Yoda and Master Unduli when the Emperor's "Order 66" was issued. Forunately for him he had gotten lost from his Clone Army when the order was issued and due to the coloring of his robes he was pretty much consealed from any clones that were to follow the Emperors order. He was able to talk to Master Yoda before he left the planet in his escape pod. "Alderaan you must go. Needed there you will be. Last of the Jedi we are."

Able to sneak away in an stolen Arc-170 Todro left the Wookiee planet and headed toward his home planet. A planet he had never seen since Master Ki had taken him from it. Todro felt the tremor in the force when the Skywalker twins were born. When Bail Organa returned to Alderaan with Leia, Bail searched out Todro and asked him to be his undercover watcher over her, just in case the Emperor found out about her. Todro did just that and never had to raise his lightsaber again. He needed the rest. He had been through so much. Todro watched Leia grow into a young Senator for the planet. He knew that she would make the positive change for the universe that was ruled under the fist of Vader and the Emperor. Todro passed along with the rest of the planet Alderran when the Death Star destroyed it. He was now one with the force. 

I used a Jurrasic Park General for the head. Cut the neck post and dremeled out the the head so it could fit on the neck post of the Obi Wan Pilot body. And the lightsaber is a POTJ Plo Koon saber painted in some parts with a orange blade.

I remember my dream now.

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2005, 05:34 AM »
Very cool!

It's awesome to see how "easy" it is to build supercool jedi with just an obi-wan pilot body. Nice!
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2005, 05:58 AM »
Very nice MetalJedi! What head is that?

I think that he would look even better if you gave him anither coat of green, some of the original colo seems to be bleeding through. :-\ And then perhaps a bit of a drybrush. I'd paint the inside of the cloak green too, At least near the legs or anywhere else where you can see it from the outside.
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2005, 06:54 AM »
Very nice MetalJedi! What head is that?

I think that he would look even better if you gave him anither coat of green, some of the original colo seems to be bleeding through. :-\ And then perhaps a bit of a drybrush. I'd paint the inside of the cloak green too, At least near the legs or anywhere else where you can see it from the outside.

The head is from the Jurassic Park General figure. I just added the brown hair and goatee. As for the original color "coming through" that is actually the lighter color I used to drybrush the figure with. If you look at the pic with the cloak on you can see some subtle hints of it as well. The pic doesn't do it justice.

I left the inside of the cloak unpainted on purpose to match he brown on the legs of the figure. I figure I would be different than most Jedi and have a two toned cloak.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 06:57 AM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2005, 07:05 AM »
Looking at it closer I guess I can see that now. I think that a little more pronounced drybrushing would look even better. As for the cloak I guess that makes sense, I have reversible jackets that have two different colors.

And Ignore my comment about your head, I just now noticed you wrote that in the first post. Stupid sleep deprivation ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2005, 09:31 AM »
Wow! I really like this jedi. My favorite part is the eyebrows.  That gives him this, 'Oh really, your going to mess with me? Right.' look. One bad ass jedi.

Well, JD leads FFURG 3 to 1. 

Offline coeli

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2005, 02:00 PM »

Who is that fat guy with the double chin!?!? I haven't put much thought into this challenge, I am not sure what to use for either the head or the body! When Episode I came out, (and I weighed 40 lbs. less ::))I went as Obi-Wan and a lot of people said that I looked a lot like him. Still, I am not sure if I am going to do this one or not.
Let the fat guy and hideous hair cut jokes commence!
"How can I get turned on, I am surrounded by little plastic men!";to quote my wife....

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Sweet donkey butter! coeli, do you work out? Your arms are HUGE!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...