Author Topic: Customs of Us  (Read 64266 times)

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project 8 - Customs of Us
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2005, 12:43 PM »
Thanks, since I really just wanted to do an easy figure, lately work has been kicking my butt, I figured it would work, thanks guys.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2005, 01:18 PM »
Tomorrow is the last day! Get your pictures or work in progrss pictures in.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2005, 02:20 PM »
Yeah, i wanted to do an easy figure too.. But it's not turning out like that.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Dude you are a great customizer, I am positive your figure will be fantastic.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2005, 05:08 PM »
i can relate to Glassman's situation. i'll get some WIP shots up tommorrow. i got my husband's half of it done last night actually, so i can post pics of him as a 12" Biker Scout  :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Cool! Will the helmet be removable?

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2005, 10:28 PM »
Well, I got my figure done (so to speak)  and photographed, but i'm doing a disk clean up and its keeping me from opening  photoshop so i can resize em.

Its been a hour so far and its only half way done.  So i'll probably just post my pics tomorrow.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2005, 11:44 PM »
Cool! Will the helmet be removable?

yes Phruby the helmet is removable and the head i got looks close to my husband. i was able to get a balacava (really bad spelling) just like in the movies and like my hubby wears with his armor. i did some sewing on the doll to make the armor fit the smaller Dragon body better and the jumpsuit is also loose rather than tight. I also replaced the large inaccurate gloves with some nice BBi gloves and painted those black, you can see the comparison pic below. i sewed the chest armor together instead of the ridiculous tab thingys Hasblow had on there. i also cut the holster and epoxied it to the boot to be more movie accurate.

ah, what the heck. here are some photos of my hubby as a Biker Scout. i'm working on my chestburster as we speak...i'll get pics of it WIP up tommorrow, at least i got 1/2 finished on this project  :P

i apologize for the photos in advance, i kinda took them in between things drying, so they aren't the best.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2005, 12:39 AM »
Very nice Darth_Ripley! You did some great improvements to that doll. It looks like an actor in a real costume now. Keep working on your chest buster. I bet you will be done this weekend.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2005, 12:45 AM »
That biker hubby looks great ripley.

Here is my First 12" custom.

Since i probably wont make any more this scale, i decided to go with my usual Jedi character.
You probably have seen my self customs so you may recognize the color scheme.

The head was a collaboration with Bantha 5.  About 3 years ago(before i started sculpting), i contacted him to see if he would sculpt my head for a 3 3/4 custom i wanted to make. I was tired of using lando heads.
He started it but never finished it. And he did a 12" instead of 3 3/4. So he sent it to me a couple months ago cause he said he'd probably never get around to finishing it so i figured i'd finish it some day.
Well i rushed some face details to get this done for today, but the sculpt is far from finished.

I'll fix it one of these days.

The Body and clothes are from ATOC Mace and the Robe is 12" Ben Kenobi. The Collectors Series line not the Latest one that WONT go on sale at Toy's R Us. I got 8 of these 12"  figs on flee bay for $25 for the lot.

Anyway, Gla-Gar Gowas...

The cLothes gave me the Hardest time. I decided to try and Air-bruch the color insted of dye it. Well i got everything the color i wanted except the sash over the shoulders.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 12:48 AM by Glassman6 »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2005, 01:35 AM »
Darth_Ripley - Awesome Biker Hubby!  Definitely a step up from hasbro's version (and that's one of my favorite 12" figures!)  I really want to try this out, but I'm very worried about sacrificing my 12" Biker Scout...  I think I'll convert my other troopers to BBi/Dragon bodies first (I already did a TIE Pilot)  ;D
Anyway, how much did you have to modify the armor (aside from cutting off the strap things on the chest armor and redoing the ankle holster)?  I really want to upgrade my 12" Biker Scout but I don't know how to sew, do you think that would be a major problem?  I found that the bodysuit of the 12" Clone Trooper fit pretty well on the BBi body, so hopefully that won't be a big problem...
Great stuff, I really can't wait to see how your self-custom turns out!  Your hubby is a lucky man!  ;D

Glassman - Awesome!  The headsculpt looks pretty damn good to me, I'm not sure what you could change, but then again, you're the sculpting expert  ;D
I think you should use the BBi or Dragon body (as Darth_Ripley would recommend) - they are way better in proportion as well as articulation.  Still, your custom definitely looks sharp.
How does air-brushing work on the softgoods?  Was it easier than dyeing the clothing?  It looks good although there are bits of the lighter color showing through around the seams...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2005, 02:19 AM »
Darth Ripley- I love the Biker Scout custom of your husband. Its done very well.

Glassman - As far as I can see you don't need to change a thing. But then again I don't sculpt. The airburshing kinda of made your jedi robes to be battle worn. I really like it!
I remember my dream now.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2005, 02:26 AM »
Great Scott, that is one Amazing Custom.

Great Job!!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2005, 09:36 AM »
Greg! That looks just like you! I can't believe how close you got that face.  Thats a great outfit and the whole figure is a big improvement over your 3 3/4" version. I'm a little disappointed its not a sith lord but maybe you can be turned.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Glassman, I was also blown away by your custom.

Outstanding.