Author Topic: Bad Trader Thread  (Read 44537 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Bad Trader Thread
« on: January 25, 2003, 12:31 AM »
Alas, they do exist and this is the place to warn others of those 'bad guys' out there. They rip you off, send damaged goods and do not compensate and they make the trading world much less attractive to be a part of. These 'bad traders' do not necessarilly have to be people you've traded with here. Let's make this a place for posting bad traders you've run into accross the Star Wars Fan Site Universe.

I had a very negative experience at Rebelscum some time ago with "Ryjam 282" and I'm not alone. Instead of rehash it here, I'll direct you to a thread or 2 regarding our experience. He's a real doozy and has no respect for the trade code or his fellow traders.

scroll down on this page and look for a post by yours truly (rorworr)
http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=003468;p=1

do not hesitate to click on page 2 for more great feedback on this troll of a human being and trader.

Please add your bad traders and lets make the trading world a better place!!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 03:15 PM by OCB »
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Bad Trader Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 07:40 PM »
Just thought I should point our members towards the following thread, where it's been brought to our attention that it's NOT a good idea to deal with Action-Figures.net.  You can read about all the people who got scammed by them here:

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=24;action=display;threadid=622

Thanks to BigL for the heads up!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2003, 07:42 PM by JediMAC »

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Trader Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 5, 2003, 08:59 PM »
Anybody who has been on Yojoe will know what I am talking about here...

DO NOT trade with anyone from the following address:

Philips Ave.
Savannagh (sometimes Port Wentworth), Georgia.

This addy is used by a known bad trader in the GI Joe world, e has been routed out there, and has moved on to the Star Wars community.

I have the exact house number, and phone number but thought it may be against board rules to post it...

Want details, email me or TopJedi!!

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 3, 2003, 01:14 PM »
BEWARE ANYONE NAMED EVAN GOODMAN WHO SAYS THERE ARE FROM MALTON NEW JERESY.
THis was originally posted by JediMAC from Rebelscum:
"Though I haven't traded with him personally (had contact with him though), we should obviously start with this Evan Goodman "Tastetesta" clown (now posing as both "ImperialRTS" and "TheJediGuy" here in the forums) who has apparently burned a LOT of people at many different collecting sites over the past year (Rebelscum, Jawa, SSG and CSW, among others). He's usually based in Marlton, NJ but I hear he's using some Virginia addresses as well. I suggest you all read up on him since there's far too much info (e-mails, aliases, addresses, etc.) on this jerk than I could possibly post, so here's some links that I highly suggest you all check out:

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=006289

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=006329

5 pages long:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.ph p?s=66f9862b678681f512d45c03481b54bb&threadid=9945&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=005277

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=005229

My best advice is that if someone does not have any feedback, make them send their package FIRST, and only send out (with Delivery Confirmation) once it has been received."

I haven't heard anything about this guy in awhile but from what I have heard about him was he got caught at a couple of sites before the recent incidents in the above post and he took time off and started up again.  So I figured some people may not know about him.  

Offline hannibalplan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • DC Metro Area Star Wars Collecting Club
Do NOT deal with r0cktr00p3r !!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 08:34 AM »
Who ever this guy is (he calls himself "Rudy" and is located in Del Rio, TX), he is apparently a con-artist....I traded him 12 POTF2 figures for about 30 SW Lego figures...after sending mine off, I e-mailed him to tell him they were on the way, and he responded with "same here" and that I should "get them in about a week"...well, that was the 11th of October, and I have yet to see any Lego figs from him...when I tried to contact him to inquire about where they were, I recieved a message that his e-mail was not recieving messages from my e-mail...I have not heard from him since....so, to make a long story short, BEWARE!!! If anyone needs to know his e-mail addresses, I have them...DarthDave can back up my story, as he never heard from him again either after DarthDave suggested "Rudy" ship his items first...I don't want anyone else to lose out like I have...Many others have also been burned, both on the Rebelscum and Yojoe forums...watch out!!  Below is a link to a Rebelscum topic on the subject...

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010940
Great to deal with: DarthDave, etobicoke fett, dustrho, ScruffyLookin

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 02:11 PM »
Darth Kenobi this guy Evan is a maniac, i swear i just read the first post a rebelscum, and got freaked out, that is the spawn of satan, i swear it is. :-X

From JediMAC:
Just so there's NO confusion here, Mainland05 is just responding to Darth Kenobi's post above about Evan Goodman, and NOT adding Darth Kenobi's name to the Bad Trader list here, as it could possibly be construed.
 ;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 02:18 PM by JediMAC »
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 09:16 AM »
Seeing the pics of the new R2 with drink trays sprks my memory-

Ricks Toys

I made a trade with him a year ago- He got my fig I sent but I never received the drink carrier he was to send me- After fighting with him about it and empty promises he made time and time again I chalked it up to a loss. I see he is again active on other boards( RS)  I would advise to stay away from
. So as far as I am concerned he is on my bad trader list.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 09:19 AM by Reconsgt »
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
*BAD TRADER*= sofa-king,AKA Terry Lee...
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 05:10 PM »
Do not do business with sofa-king AKA Terry Lee of Athens,Ohio/New Marshfield,Ohio .  We had agreed to trade two of my Saga figs,for two of his Saga Figs shipped USPS Priority w/DC.  We had also agreed to ship around the same time as each other.  He received my figs within 3 days on 3-27-04.  The last contact I had with him was on 3-30-04 and he said he took on too many trades,busy,yadda yadda,and that my figs were on the way.  Well it's exactly one month later and guess what no figs and no response to my emails.  BEWARE of this guy. ::)

Ricardo
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: *BAD TRADER*= sofa-king,AKA Terry Lee...
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 01:28 PM »
That really sucks Ricardo, but don't give up just yet.  Stay persistent and hopefully things will still work out, or he'll at least just pay you for what you sent him.  He's probably hoping you'll just throw in the towel and let it go, so don't give in to the Dark Side!   ;)  I've been involved in a few trades that wound up running well past the 1 month point, but eventually all got worked out, so hopefully you'll have similar luck with this situation.

I'll leave this thread separate for a while so our members can check it out and heed your warning, but eventually I'll probably just merge it into our Bad Trader thread for permanent reference for everyone to peruse.

Good luck buddy!

- Matt

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 11:53 PM »
Just adding the new link to the RS Bad trader thread since the change over caused the lost of the previous link.Bad Trader

When I have time I will also add the new links for the links that I have in one of my above post so others can see them.

PS Sorry Matt for causing this thread to be above the Trade Feedback so you have to bump that one up. ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 11:56 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: *BAD TRADER*= sofa-king,AKA Terry Lee...
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 10:01 AM »
sofa-king is back, watch again the link above. I'm really curious what will happen and if I get my $ 20 back

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
biolachris' feedback
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2004, 04:47 AM »
Negative feedback retracted and deal resolved with biolachris aka Chris Stanley.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 04:11 AM by JediMAC »
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: DISHONEST SELLER = biolachris aka Chris Stanley
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 07:01 PM »
Sorry to hear that Ricardo.  Damn, you've got bad luck on the boards...  Maybe best if you just stay away from the Rebelscum classifieds.   ;)  Speaking of which, you might want to check out this thread over at RS (read through the whole thing, so you don't miss the "fun" part  :P), where there's a lengthy discussion about the propensity for the Theater Edition Luke's bubble to become separated from the card.  For whatever reason, this is a pretty common thing now, and it's even happening on mine a little.  Regardless, yours obviously shouldn't have been sent in a bubble envelope.  That's ridiculous!   ::)  Did you ask for a refund from him?  Did he have any feedback over there to start with?  If not, you should've definitely had him send the stuff first.   :-\

I'll let this warning sit out here for a while, and then I'll probably merge it in with the Bad Trader thread eventually.  Thanks for the head's up on this guy though.  Better luck next time, bud.

- Matt

P.S.  See ya' next week hopefully!   ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 07:02 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 03:22 AM »
Ok he left me with no other choice
This is a trader warning about Wai
I sent my stuff 2 months ago  and am still waiting for his to arrive, the first time i got a email saying he received mine but the stuff he sent was returned because of no postcode.
So he said he would sent it again airmail 7-10 days that was over a month ago.
Traders beware.....
Wai if you get in touch with me and let me know whats going on i might delete this post.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself