Author Topic: Favorite Vintage Playset(s)?  (Read 6946 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Favorite Vintage Playset(s)?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005, 02:16 AM »
Like CorranHorn, I also immensely enjoyed the Turret & Probot playset as a child. I remember particularly like the removability of the turret's top piece. Sometimes I utilized it as a small ship...it served that purpose well considering the presence of the gun at the front and circular ship-like nature.

-Mike

Hahaha! I used to do the exact same thing with the top piece. It was such a versatile playset, so much fun to be had from it.

Welcome over to the JD side Mike, good to see another new, but known name around here.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Mike Mensinger

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 09:40 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, Jason! I signed up for JD back in 2003, but have not actively posted often since joining. I'll definitely try to participate in discussion here more regularly. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who envisioned the turret top as a ship...great minds think alike! :^)

-Mike

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 02:37 PM »
I never had any playsets in my youth, picked most of them on eBay a few years ago.

Ewok Village, Death Star Space Station, Droid Factory, Cloud City, Dagobah, Hoth Ice Planet, Imperial Attack Base, Turret/Probot and the Jabba the Hutt playset.

If I was to pick just one, it would be the Turret/Probot set. I just like the design of the Probot.

Welcome to JD Mike, nice to see you here.  :)