Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Clones!  (Read 16129 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
TRU Exclusive Clones!
« on: June 27, 2005, 02:40 PM »
From Rebelscum -

"We've gotten early word that an army of Clone Troopers will descend upon Toys "R" Us stores this holiday season, by way of a trio of exclusive 3-pack sets.

Search For Yoda includes 3 red-colored Clone Troopers (aka Shock Troopers)

Jedi Temple Raid includes 3 blue-colored Clone Troopers (aka 501st Legion)

Attack On Utapau includes 3 orange-colored Clone Troopers

These will most likely be repaints of the Deluxe Clone Troopers sets, although this is not confirmed at this time.

Stay tuned for more details as they are revealed!"

Sounds really cool, and TRU exclusives usually aren't that hard to get!!!

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Clones!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 02:46 PM »
This is cool news, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that they might be the "Deluxe 3 Pack" versions.  I mean, it is definitely better than no versions of these, but I guess I was hoping we'd see some sort of "repaint" versions of the #41 (or even #6) Clone in the shocktrooper, 501st, Utapau, etc. color schemes.  I'd rather have articulated versions of these personally, but like I said, at least we'll see them in some capacity.  And, it isn't confirmed that these are "Deluxe style" versions, so I'll keep positive about it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 02:48 PM »
I really hope they aren't the Deluxe 3-pack versions. I'd pay an extra $10 to get the #41 Clone body used in this exclusive.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 02:52 PM »
So would I.  I'm not quite sure why these would need to be exclusives since everyone and their brother will want tons of each.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 02:54 PM »
Yeah, my reaction is mixed. Let's hope there's better news as more information is revieled.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 03:12 PM »
I think we're all in agreement that we'd pay an extra $10 for 3 clones appropriately done ala #41 style!

Thumbs down to TRU and Hasbro if they are indeed redecos of deluxe three packs.

What's the dealio with the laying down clone BTW?  On the card his head is upright but in production he's eating dirt!

Makes no sense.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 03:14 PM »
These are gonna be such a ******* pain to find. We all know it. :-\ They should ship the hell out of these since everyone will want tons.

Obviously SA ones would be ideal, but I wouldn't mind too much if they go the Deluxe 3-pack route as long as they ditch the lying down clone and use three upright ones something like so (with new helmets obviously):
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=clonewars/CWarmyclonesGcardfr.jpg
Or one of them could be this pose:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=clonewars/CWvalueyodacardfr.jpg
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 03:18 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 03:19 PM »
Good news in that these are the 3 Clone designs everyone's been begging for since the ROTS release (since most/all the Clones released so far aren't terribly movie accurate, or "movie abundant").  So I'm happy that we'll at least be getting these 3 Clones in some fashion or another.

But yeah, if they do it as simple repaints to the Clone 3-packs we're currently seeing at retail, that'll suck, since those aren't accurate poses for these 3 in the movies, and we're already up to our neck in trying to track down these first 4 or 5 sets as it is.  Give us something different Hasbro.  #41 SA Clone repaints, please.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 03:25 PM »
Do they even need to retool the helmet from the EE four pack?  Couldn't they just swap the proper Ep III helmet onto that figure and then go?  Oh wait, they already did that for #41 ::) 

We want SA three packs.
Hasbro will deliver the same crap they always do.  Why?  Look at ebay and the people clamouring for the CW three packs and the excitement surrounding finding the current shipment of crappy figures.  Granted I'm contributing to it by wanting those figures too, but I'll toss aside any temporary optimism for these figures and just go straight to the assumption that we're getting the same old rehashed crap. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 03:25 PM »
That would be sweet if they used the SA clones but knowing Hasbro, they will probably use the current trooper 3 pack ones for these.  Will lift my TRU ban just to pick these up, no matter what...these troopers are a must have if they happen.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 03:27 PM »
I'm sure they will be the regular deluxe 3-pack w/paint.  I guess it is better than nothing.  The only reason I bought 4 white 3-packs was to paint them accordingly, oh well.  Clones are never in excess.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 03:34 PM »
I REALLY hope these are Deluxe repaints so I can pass on them and avoid walking into TRU. If not, it is on.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 03:43 PM »
I'm going to be patient on this rumor and hope for some official confirmation from Hasbro at Comic-Con. It's certainly something to add to the questions for the Hasbro Q&A.

I don't like the way RS shotguns rumors out onto their front page and adds their own speculation.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 03:45 PM »
If they are SA, then I'll take 10 of each. If they're not I may just pass them all together.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 05:12 PM »
No mater what sculpt they use Hasbro owns me on Clones and I'm going to start an allotment in my bank account just to save up for the army I'm going to buy.  Lets hope that no matter which sculpt they use they offer a pre-order on amazon.com like they are doing for the Evolution 3-packs!  Crossing fingers!!!

Blake