Author Topic: What ROTS Repacks do YOU want to see?  (Read 9685 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
What ROTS Repacks do YOU want to see?
« on: August 18, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Sorry if this topic has already been made, I looked and didn't see it.  Anyways, are there any repacks you want to see from the ROTS line?  There's a few I'd go for -

- C3PO
- Battle Droid
- Red Royal Guard
- Blue Senate Guard
- Clone #41 (can't get tired of seeing them in stores)
- Sneak Preview Wookiee (although there is a second version coming)

Heck, I think an assortment of these six figures would be a good thing.  Two of each per case.

What about you all?  Any you want to see?

:P

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: What ROTS Repacks do YOU want to see?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 02:00 PM »
I could always use more battle droids.  I saw one last weekend after non seeing them for weeks.

Clones, clones and more clones.  I'll take 41's in any and all of the 31 flavors of the SW universe.

I have yet to find the repaints so at least I want plenty of those to go around and then some.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 02:46 PM »
I'm still tracking down some stuff from April 2nd, so it's a tad early for my verdict here.

However I will say that if things continue the way they are, a repack of the Tarkin/Senators wave may be in order.

And of course the #41 and both Guards should be repacked forever.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 03:09 PM »
None.  No repacks. 

Almost all of the summer figures (#1-44) are still readily available if you shop around a bit.  The rest (#45-56) are still shipping, no need to repack them IMHO.

Looking at your list Justin...

- C3PO - I'd rather see a new SA Sculpt instead of a repack

- Battle Droid - the only BD I want to see at this point is a Blue/Pilot one

- Red Royal Guard - OK, this guy is probably a pretty good repack candidate

- Blue Senate Guard - Eh, more of an Ep2 figure in my mind and not nearly as big an army builder as the red version is

- Clone #41 - I'd much rather see repaints like Orange/Utapau or Green/Kashyyk than the white #41

- Sneak Preview Wookiee - I'll pass on him.  We've already got Tarfull, Chewie, 2x #43, and 2 more wookiees coming - 7 wookiees is enough!

As you can see from my comments, the only way I could handle any of these figures being re-packed in the near future is if they were repaints otherwise, just pack the new cases (#57-68) with all NEW figures and forget the older ones!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 03:53 PM »
In the future, all those would be good, plus Dooku, if they wanted to put him out there again.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 04:00 PM »
Well, I think it's pretty inevitable that somewhere down the road we'll see more repacks from the ROTS line.  Mostly I picked army builders in my list.

The Battle Droid is pretty darn hard to find.  I don't think it would be a mistake to repack it, or either of the Blue/Red guards.

And I'll never, ever get sick of seeing repacked SA Clones/Stormtroopers.  No way... a lot of people out there army build and will continue to pick these up.

Dooku - that's another one that I think would be a good choice.  Good call Spuffy.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Well, I think it's pretty inevitable that somewhere down the road we'll see more repacks from the ROTS line.  Mostly I picked army builders in my list.

That may be true, it is probably inevitable that Hasbro will end up doing some repacks, but your question was "What ROTS Repacks do YOU want to see?" 

I just answered it honestly - I don't want to see any!

Now, if your question was something like "What Repacks would YOU not totally hate seeing again when Hasbro eventually forces them on you?"  Well, that's a different question entirely...  :P

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 04:50 PM »
I see what you mean.   8)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 04:50 PM »
I'm kind of with Jeff as far as the repacks go.  A lot of the first 44 figures (with some exceptions) are relatively easy to find either at retail or online.  The ones that are not that easy to find, such as Vader or Grievous, either have vastly superior versions out there in decent numbers (500th Vader or the Evolutions Vader) or need to be redone from the ground-up (I am of the opinion that every Grievous is horribly underscaled, badly articulated, poorly painted, and an SA soft goods version needs to be done BADLY).  The only figures out of the first 44 that I would say need to be continually reshipped is the #41 Clone.

Some of the figures in 45-56 are some really great figures (thank you Darth Slothus for allowing me to finally see what all the hubbub about Pilot Obi-Wan was about; he may well have displaced the Clone Commander from my favorite figure of the ROTS line in less than three hours), but some of them I don't think would be too good to reissue.  Keep Obi-Wan, the AT-RT Driver, Bacara, Tarkin, the Red Royal Guard, and Mustafar Anakin in circulation, but we definitely don't really need more Captain Antilles shipped in future case assortments.

- Battle Droid - the only BD I want to see at this point is a Blue/Pilot one

I'll agree with Jeff on this, but the figure I really want is a nicely articulated, good plastic, not Happy Meal quality OOM-9/Battle Droid Commander figure. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 05:14 PM »
The ones that are not that easy to find, such as Vader or Grievous, either have vastly superior versions out there in decent numbers (500th Vader or the Evolutions Vader)

Actually, it appears the #11 Vader is reshipping, as I recently found loads of them amongst the clone repaints, Bacaras, and #50 Anakins.

A good move IMO--if a bit late in the game.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 05:15 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 05:30 PM »
I don't know that I necessarily want to see any ROTS repacks either, at least not at this point.  I guess I'm starting to get a little prequeled out right now, and I'm ready for some new OT figures.  However, if we were to see some repacks (possibly even mixed in with the Saga Collection line next year), some of those mentioned so far would be good candidates.  I'd like to see the Red Royal Guard again, I never did see one on a peg, and I only have one (from Amazon) overall.  I'd like to have a couple more to display with my OT figures.  Repack him whenever you want.  The clones are always good candidates (just like Stormtroopers), and it would be nice if they'd repaint them a little whenever they release those as well.  Lots of other "schemes" to cover from ROTS the way it looks.  C-3PO wouldn't be a bad choice either, maybe with a "repaint" of a silver leg.  Best 3PO we've had so far, although a well articulated one would be even better.  Dooku is another good choice, maybe down the road a ways since he can sometimes be found now...and is also coming in the Evolutions assortment.  Of course, the Pilot Obi (although it hasn't shown up here yet) would be a nice repack too if they are going to repack things.  Definitely some good figures to touch on again in future lines though, especially if we're seeing a 50/50 or 60/40 split with new to repacked figures in the line(s) in the future.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 05:34 PM »
If we're talking about what we want repacked into another line (IE: Saga 2006), then here's what I'd dig:

-Royal Guards (Blue & Red)...  To me these are repack fodder for years to come.  Make a third one with the open-faced TPM helmet and I'm game for that too.  A nice pike accessory would help as well.

-C-3PO...  Though I agree with Jeff I'd rather see a SA 3PO, or at least one with joints at the bicep, wrists, and hinged knees.  SA's tough on 3PO, but when I was reviewing the figure I noticed that the sockets they used for his pull-apart feature could easily be applied to working knee joints, and swivels at the bottom of his shoulder plate/top bicep plate, and his wrists.  They can do better.  

That said though, a 3PO ROTS re-release with a silver shin would be an ok re-release...  They're far from perfection on this guy though.

-Wookiee Warrior...  I agree with a re-release of him CHEWIE, actually, so I gotta go against you on that one Jeff. ;)  I'd like multiple colors of the Preview Wookiee actually...  A black one with brown stripes would rock, as would a cream one...  Head variations would be nice too.

I don't want that other Wookiee re-released though.  I despise that figure, and wish they'd resculpt a "normal" sized Wookiee for the line that was at least as poseable as the Preview.  Then again I think they should resculpt Tarrful as well so he's more poseable.  Hasbro dropped the ball bigtime with the ROTS Wookiees.

-AT-TE Gunner...  Give him some flavors even.  Most people use him as a grunt I figure, so may as well make him in Utapau, Coruscant, and 501st colors...  I'd take EU colors too.  He's just a good figure and adds some diversity to the ranks.

-#41 and #6 Clones...  I know not all will agree with my opinion of the #6 being re-released, but I liked it, and it's the Clone I can get to kneel better than any other for prone poses.  Again, release them in all the film colors, and add in some EU colors too and I'm a happy camper, though I agree that whites are good too (I wouldn't release the #6 in white however, just the SA one).

And as a little addition...  They should be releasing SA Episode 2 Clones in white as well.  Why they don't, I don't know.  SA Stormtrooper (VOTC and the Evolutions Sandtrooper) should also be making their routine rounds on the pegs.  Hasbro needs to just **** or get off the pot on this one though.

Those are the figures I currently would like re-released across different lines...

If we're talking just stuff released within the ROTS line that's currently running though?

I'd like to see a SLIGHT re-release (IE: Don't flood the pegs) of a lot of different figures/characters.

-Obi-Wan
-Anakin
-Dooku
-Clones (Of course)
-Mace Windu

Those are probably the top ones I'd like to see a re-release on though...  I know I've been trying to track a Mace down for the boys but I can't find one.  

Isn't most of that stuff getting mixed into later assortments though I figure?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 05:55 PM »
Good points guys.   :)

I really, really think that there should be some Battle Droids on the pegs though... what are people that didn't get the figures in April and May supposed to have their Clones shooting?  Just Nemoidian Warriors and Jedi in the back?  So, I would be thrilled to see Battle Droids repacked.  They sold well originally, and they are an army-builder.  Maybe not the best version they could have made, but if you use Real Stands or some sand, it's nice for building diorama displays -

SilverZ

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 10:49 PM »
I'd be all for repacks of Battle Droids, if they were clever about it and repainted them in blue and yellow. Around here, you can still find regular BD's at Target and TRU.

Other than that, the only ones I feel need a bit of juice in distribution are 3P0 and Padme to some extent.

But if we were talking over in the Saga2 section, I'd be wanting a bunch of the existing ROTS figures on cool background cards, mostly the C2 Jedi.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 11:07 PM »
If the droids were made of a decent plastic, I wouldn't cry foul on a re-release of them either.  Cream, Red, EU Green, and a Commander would all be welcome...

Just gotta get the plastic fixed.  It's fine on the Episode One versions, and they have an extra joint in their legs, so Hasbro's just letting everyone down on those.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77