Author Topic: A funny thing happened to me on my way to the forum.  (Read 8867 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: A funny thing happened to me on my way to the forum.
« Reply #15 on: June 8, 2006, 01:54 PM »
...& next year we get a SA Jango,the Republic Commandos from Triple Zero & an SA Mara Jade. :P It would be cool if her boss actually considered the Jango.I think Hasbro is starting an EU mini-line,becuase of the Shadow Stormie page hints that.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #16 on: June 8, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Removable Helemts and hats for everyone!!!!!!!
ENOUGH VADERS LUKES & HANS and Give me background characters.
I'd rather have more obsucre characters than a million repacks casue the card is cool!!!
Thats from the collector in me.

I've run into a couple reps in my toy hunts, I was too busy asking them if they were dropping off the lastest
wave than to give suggestions.

The collector in me... thats tough. I guess more removable accesories... Helmets, Hats, belts, holsters and definatly more diverse female fodder. More female bodies, and less solid hard gowns that dont come off with legs you cant use.

Thanks for dropping my name though, that would be cool if they checked us out, unless they come after me for copyright infringment... then I take it back!  :-\

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 8, 2006, 06:59 PM »
Unfortunately the only figures I left with were the ones that i purchased. No freebies at that walmart.

Dont worry thought Finds I beleive I mentioned you when I asked for a few more females. ;) 

All in all though I SERIOUSLY doubt that anything will come of this. She wasnt very knowledgeable as far as what was in the case, or when the new assortments would be out. She did ask me lots of questions on customising though. Like what we do and whow and why we do it. She kind of winced when I told her about pulling off arms and legs. ;D

But who knows. Maybe the right word in the right ear can get something folling. I for one probably wont put much faith in it. It is something nice to think about though.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 8, 2006, 07:50 PM »
These reps have very little sway with the decision makers at Hasbro.  In most cases, their primary focus is supply management and display for the stores/region they're over.  We could dream though.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #19 on: June 9, 2006, 12:54 PM »
Oh, it's perfectly all right, Darth Ennis -- I jwas just joshing with ya!  :)

Even if the poor sales rep has no actual power to influence what Hasbro makes, I still find it really encouraging that she took an interest, on a personal level, in what customizers do.  It gives our hobby at least that much more exposure and publicity. There are plenty of folks out there who misunderstand the whole concept (no, we DON'T pull off limbs just for the sheer joy of pulling off limbs -- I'm sure you clarified that :) ) and others who just don't know such a hobby exists.
Incidentally, did you tell her about FFURG?   

And, as In Rem points out, Hasbro figs have gotten much more customizable as they've generally improved.  It's an encouraging trend.  What's less encouraging, though, is that the Final 2006 Saga Wave has not a single female in it -- with the exception of Gragra, who's not the most customizable of female figures!   :-\  Anyone know the status of future Hasbro figure lines, incidentally?

... the Findswoman