Author Topic: Your Dream List  (Read 2097 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Your Dream List
« on: November 1, 2005, 02:05 PM »
"Congratulations!  You've just won a million dollars!  What are you going to do with it?"

"Buy expensive Star Wars collectibles, of course!"

OK, so it's just a dream.  But what would you buy if money really was no object?  Which of those high end SW goodies have you been dreaming about but can't justify paying the high price?

Here's my list:

Master Replicas Jango Fett Blasters
Master Relicas Stormtrooper Blaster
Gentle Giant OT Darth Vader Mini-Bust
Lego Star Destroyer
Sideshow Collectibles 1:1 Darth Maul Bust
ICONS X-Wing Fighter

I was crazy enough to preorder the Sideshow Collectibles Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous statues a few months ago, but I still feel guilty for doing it.  I've never come anywhere near spending $300 to $450 on a single item.  :-[

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Your Dream List
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2005, 02:35 PM »
I'd want to catch up on all those Gentle Giant Clone Wars Animated busts.

But other than that I don't know--I think I'd just  go crazy on basic figures and catch up on every item I've ever missed out on. And I'd stockpile a couple hundred thousand clone troopers and droids and set up a battlefield all over the yard. ;)
« Last Edit: November 1, 2005, 02:39 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2005, 02:58 PM »
I'd spend a bit on vinty stuff.  Ships, 12-backs and the like.  Or at least I could afford those wacky trilogo figures that are so expensive. 

Master Replicas Vader Helmet would probably be the priority item I would get.  I'd also like to have the stormtrooper blaster and the AT-AT. 

One item I always wanted was the life size Stormtrooper I saw at the Wizards of the Coast store in San Diego.  I thought that'd be a really cool conversation piece at the entranceway to the house.  Wife probably wouldn't let me put it there, but the argument is pointless since I don't have it anyway :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 1, 2005, 03:05 PM »
Well, if I won a million dollars, it would likely be spent paying off house, cars, etc.  But for the topic's sake...just spending on Star Wars stuff, hmmm, where to start?  My list would be much like the others so far, I'd likely spend quite a bit on vintage stuff.  First finishing off my loose collection, then picking up some carded stuff, and maybe moving into vehicles/beasts/playsets as well (if I've got this much money, I should have more room to display stuff too, right? :P).  Other than that, I'd probably pick up any/all of the OT-based Gentle Giant Mini busts.  I've always liked those, but just can't quite afford them, so those would be fun.  I'd definitely get into Master Replicas stuff.  That stuff looks so amazing, and I'd really like to have Han's blaster, Luke and Vader lightsabers, and more.  FX, regular, all kinds of replicas.  It would be nice to have the money to afford all of those, and set up a heck of a display with all those movie props.  Other than those things, I'd likely just not worry as much about what I could afford with modern stuff...maybe more army building, more vehicles, etc.  Its fun to think about...nice topic.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 1, 2005, 04:23 PM »
(if I've got this much money, I should have more room to display stuff too, right? :P).

Of course.  Naturally, a bigger house would have to hold everything.   ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 1, 2005, 04:29 PM »
Is it OK to use my $1,000,000 to try to get a night with Natalie Portman?   :P

If not, here is some stuff I'd buy with my newfound phat grip -

- FULL set of Carded vintage figures
- MR Han Solo Blaster
- MR Stormtrooper Blaster
- Stormtrooper Armor
- Full-size Han Solo in Carbonite Statue
- I'd bribe one of those Astromech guys to build me an R2 unit

I'm sure I could burn up that cash pretty quick...  ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #6 on: November 1, 2005, 04:39 PM »
Vlix.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #7 on: November 6, 2005, 10:18 PM »
The Millennium Falcon in my back yard!
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff