Author Topic: #55 Obi-Wan Kenobi-Red Leader Pilot  (Read 16634 times)

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
Re: #55 Obi-Wan Kenobi-Red Leader Pilot
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2005, 09:14 PM »
This is the one and only Obi-Wan figure that I have purchased from ROTS. I think he is the best looking one out of all the others that I have seen. I still prefer Clone Troopers to any of the rest but I still think this is a good figure. I've no complaints.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2005, 05:35 PM »
I just opened a recently purchased Obi Wan pilot, and I have to say...

It sucks.

It really sucks.

In the package with the cloak on, it looks great.  Perfect for the scene where Obi Wan appears at the end of the ship ramp to confront Anakin on Mustafar, looking serious in his cloak.

But when you take the cloak off, 2 things jump out at you immediately.  His legs from the knee down are WAY too skinny.  It really looks quite ridiculous in person.  In fact, with his cloak off, Obi Wan also looks way too short.  And his legs from the waist down are kinda bow-legged.  And then his right arm is also too short, very noticeably shorter than his left arm.

Hasbro has really continued their age-old tradition of doing a **** job on prequel obi wan figures and mace figures here.

My guess is that a lot of you who have been praising this figure haven't had one in your hands yet, because it is really a bigtime disappointment.

Two thumbs down.

Oh brother. Did the plastic fumes go to your head? You're making some odd calls here. Arm too short? I have him right here, and it's definitely not any shorter than the other arm. This is the best looking Obi-Wan they've made. The poseability is great. It's funny how we can all see something different in a thing, especially with such drastically different takes on it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Yeah, I couldn't disagree more with you on that Dressel...  He's one of my favorite figures.  I've even been comparing him to a costume still from ROTS and he's spot-on in every way.  The legs, the height appears right (especially next to Evo Ani), the headsculpt...  I'm viewing this Obi-Wan as probably one of the best figures in the modern line....  all 10 years or so.

The legs are a LITTLE apart, but not terribly so by any means.  He still has a very neutral stance, but is capable of many great poses for combat too.  It's currently only rivaled by Clones and some VOTC for my "favorite" figure in my collection.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2005, 08:27 PM »
It's currently only rivaled by Clones and some VOTC for my "favorite" figure in my collection.

Wow, talk about two different takes on a figure!  Mine's not even displayed, and I'd return it if I could. 

Different strokes for different folks.

I have to admit though, maybe I was a little harsh comparing it to the EIII Mace Windu, but I stand by everything else I wrote.

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2005, 11:43 PM »
It happens. :)

I was having some nice in-depth discussion with my gf's kids about Obi-Wan actually while they checked him out this weekend and they're wanting this figure now.  I wish I hadn't gotten them the kicking ones for their birthdays.  That figure blows...  blows hard.

Perhaps Pilot Obi is your RFT?  Hmmmm...  Interesting.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 11:52 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77