Author Topic: Smartypants update 6/24/07 Sith lord  (Read 66736 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: sp1635s customs updated JAN 15 wip merc/bounty hunter
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2006, 04:59 PM »
An update is headed your way within an hour or two. Ummmmmm actualy make it monday evening. :'( My modeling epoxy hasn't totally dried yet :-\
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 08:06 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Make it tomorrow. Sorry for the delays :'(

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2006, 09:42 PM »
And here they are.

This, is my merc/bounty hunter team. Let me know what you all think. Oh and sorry about the backrounds. It's a family Comp so thats what i have to deal with.

PS. Included are better shots of the scaring on my dug, as per your requests.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 09:53 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2006, 10:11 PM »
They're okay, but they look too skinny. And make some of them a different color than silver, they look too much alike.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2006, 10:15 PM »
If, I dull coat them the silver will be turned to gray  :-\ and what other colors would you suggest Travis, there all supposed to be a mercanary unit for higher.

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2006, 10:20 PM »
Thanks for the updated Dug picture.  I like what you did with the sculpting on it.  It looks very well done.

The others are very cool concepts.  On the Toydarian I think there is too much of the scarring.  It looks as nicely sculpted as the Dug, but seems like a bit too much.  If you want that much, I would maybe give it a black wash to darken it a bit, it might not stand out as much.  Just my two cents.   I like the droid parts on the Toydarian.  I did the same on a Rodian bounty hunter I made.  I didn't include any scarring on him, but might try it on the next one I do.

Is that an angel in the background of the Trandoshan figure?  At first it looked like a custom female Snivvian -- and it gave me an idea for a custom -- but when I looked more closely it looked like it had wings.  Either way it gives me a customizing idea.  Thanks for the update.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Thanks Bocreb, I think i may go back and give him a wash on his face, and remove a bit of scarring on the Toydarian. Oh and the angel is one of my Moms,  they are everywhere in the house. ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Interesting update... a couple I honestly don't really like, but that's just a matter of opinion.  Not bad work at all.

Vader Droid - I'm not sure what to think of this, it's weird... and not something I really think looks realistic.  It's just... I don't know.

Dug - I like the scarring.  It's maybe a bit thick and too red, but it's a great idea and pretty well done.  I might tone it down a bit, it kind of likes he got in a catsup fight!   ;)

Trandoshan - Blurry pic, so I can't really make out the details like I wish.  He looks a little thin, but that could be just me.  It's a good idea though, I like armored lizards.

Toydarian - Just maybe a bit too much scarring.  Other than that, I love this.  He really has an all new look to him, and doesn't look like Watto.  Love the metal leg, and the helmet looks great.  Best of the bunch.

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2006, 01:36 PM »
That Toydarian is the best of the bunch. I also like the metal leg. The Bossk needs to have arms shortened. They are way too long even for this guy. The Vaderdroid reminds me of something that Sid from Toy Story would make.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2006, 08:06 PM »
Thanks guys. I had a DV head left over from my cyborg earlier, so i put it to good use.
I'm also removing the scarring off the nose of the Toydarian, and adding some black to the scaring of the scared mercs.

Coming up, A Nautolan Senator :P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: sp1635s customs updated JAN 26 merc squad
« Reply #70 on: February 3, 2006, 06:59 PM »
Update.

Madalorians for the main course.

and senators for dessert.

LMK what you all think.

The mando is a WIP I need to sculpt his pants hanging over the top of his leg armor, just so you all know
« Last Edit: February 3, 2006, 07:03 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: sp1635s customs updated feb 3 mandalorian and senator.
« Reply #71 on: February 3, 2006, 07:12 PM »
Hi Ya Smarty

Very interesting figures mate I like the Trandoshan he really has that bounty hunter feel to him and teh scaring on the dug is simply great, jsut a suggestion thou with the scaring try giving it a dry brush or even a wash of a light pinkish colour it will give it more realisim.

The senator you've done a great job on him for elegant looking as they should be. And Madalorian I really like the concept of him especially the horn looking things on the helmet and the colour concept is great but my only nit-pick is the gaps in teh legs other then that great work mate.

Ron

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #72 on: February 3, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Thanks Ron, as I said above the Mando is still wip. I
'm gonna take some green stuff and create a fill between that looks like his pants folding over the armor. and the scaring on the dug has been fixed, I'm just to lazy to post it. :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 3, 2006, 09:42 PM »
I kind of like the Senator, but I think it's missing something... maybe repaint the head and hands to be one solid color like a blue tint, then dry brush lightly in grey, then a black wash?

The Mandalorian is just evil!  Wow, that helmet is just... awesome.  Very original and has a new "classic" Mandalorian look to it!

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #74 on: February 3, 2006, 10:01 PM »
thanks chew I really think that the Mando looks better in real life. And i think i'll do as you suggested thanks.