Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 254494 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
ROTS Recent Purchases
« on: April 6, 2005, 11:19 AM »
Well, we had a thread for OTC/VOTC, thought it might be nice to pass on into ROTS.  After all of the hoopla last weekend, are you still making purchases?  Have you spread things out a little so you have something to pick up over the next few weeks/months, etc.?  Have you bought anything since April 2?

After picking up most of the first 32 (that's as high as we got here as well), I'm still holding off planning to pick up figures like Mon Mothma and extras of others over the next couple of weeks.  Went to Wal-Mart and TRU yesterday to check for things (specifically Red Royal Guard and anything #33 and up), but nothing new.  Pretty much plenty of all figures 1-32, aside from Guards and Clonetroopers.  The Emperor figure seems to be somewhat scarce as well.  I did pick up an extra Chewie, after not finding anything else, because I like to keep one Chewie (and Han) carded from each line.  I was tempted to get the Force Battler Vader (only one I'm interested in right now), but held off for now.  $10 just seemed a bit much.  I have seen quite a few of these selling, although the rest of them are sitting.  Also, just happened to notice, but the Droid Tri Fighters seem to be pretty scarce around here.  I've only seen them at TRU so far, and haven't picked one up yet (not sure if I will yet or not).  AT-RT is also scarce, haven't seen any in town since Saturday...and I really wish I would have bought the one I saw at TRU :).  Anyways, any recent purchases, finds, or general observations?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 12:14 AM by Nataku »

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Purchases
« Reply #1 on: April 6, 2005, 11:45 AM »
Since MM, I've bought:

Mas Amedda
Secura
Mundi
Koon
Mon Mothma
Bail
Padmé
Palpatine (#35)
Deluxe Greivous

Basic saber
Tater
Novelization
Target electronic gift card
Tin and stationary set

Midnight Madness was:

Vader
Dooku
2 Clones
Commander
Gunner
Fisto
Chewie
Tarfful
Greivous (basic 4-arms)
Body guard
C-3PO
Emperor
Massan
Deluxe Vader
Boga
12" Anakin/Vader

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 6, 2005, 11:46 AM »
Oh boy... let's see how many I have of each figure now...

#a Wookiee Warrior - 12
 #b Grievous - 1
 #c Astromech - 2
 #d Tion Medon - 2
 #1 Obi Wan - 1
 #2 Anakin - 2
 #3 Yoda - 1
 #4 Super Battle Droid - 0
 #5 Chewbacca - 1
 #6 Clone Trooper - 15
 #7 R2D2 - 1
 #8 Bodyguard - 3
 #9 Grievous - 1
#10 Mace Windu - 3
#11 Darth Vader - 1
#12 Emperor Palpatine - 3
#13 Count Dooku - 3
#14 Chancellor Palpatine - 2
#15 Bail Organna - 2
#16 Plo Koon - 3
#17 Battle Droid - 15
#18 C3PO - 4
#19 Padme - 1
#20 Agen Kolar - 8
#21 Shaak Ti - 3
#22 Kit Fisto - 4
#23 Blue Guard - 4
#23 Red Guard - 2
#24 Mon Mothma - 2
#25 Tarfful - 3
#26 Yoda - 0
#27 Obi Wan - 2
#28 Anakin - 1
#29 Ki Adi Mundi - 4
#30 Sae Sae Tiin - 1
#31 Luminara - 2
#32 Aayla Secura - 4
#33 Clone Commander - 0
#34 Clone Pilot - 0
#35 Palpatine - 0
#36 Grievous - 0
#37 Chopper Droid - 1
#38 AT-TE Gunner - 0
#39 Pollis Massan - 1
#40 Mas Amedda - 1

Boga - 1
AT-RT - 2
BARC Speeder - 2
Anakin Ship - 1
Obi Wan Ship - 1
Wheelbike - 1
Tri Fighter - 1
ARC-170 - 1
Gunship - 0

I also bought the novel, the comic adaptation and the Visual Dictionary.

:P

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 6, 2005, 11:54 AM »
BTW, that about takes care of it for me. All I want that I missed is the Medical Droid. There are a few I'm considering. Aside from that, I need a good Anakin and Obi-wan, but I haven't decided which to get. Haven't been impressed with them so far. Could use a Mace, too, as the only one I have is the original preview one. But I'm not too sure about the one that's out. Might hold off, and see what else comes out for those 3 guys.

After the current figs, what I'm looking forward to is the Mon Cal and Gran senators, the Wookiee and Neimoidian warrior.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 6, 2005, 12:11 PM »
I know what you mean about the Obi Wan and Mace... I made my own of these two.  Here's Obi Wan, will post Mace when it is hosted.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 6, 2005, 12:14 PM »
Orange hair....? ???

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 6, 2005, 12:21 PM »
It's pretty much the lighting.  It's the head from Obi Wan #27.

*edit* - Sorry, not trying to make this into a customizing thread.  Just showing that if someone doesn't like the current Obi Wan or Windu, customizing these are simple.

« Last Edit: April 6, 2005, 12:22 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 6, 2005, 01:43 PM »
I haven't bought anything since Saturday, but not because of the lack of trying. I'm still in need of a few items. But my question is, are they even re-stocking? The stores I've hit haven't seemed to restock since Saturday morning. I'm wondering if they're going to wait until Sunday when the sales are all over. ::)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 6, 2005, 02:21 PM »
I don't know... I think the Walmarts are when needed.  I have seen some cases being put out.

I think it's possible we will see some restocking next week.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 6, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Well, I did the ultimate OCD thing the other night when I had a little/lot of spare time on the way home.  I hit up several Targets, and slowly, painstakingly looked through all the figures for the nicest cards, and the absolute best paint jobs.  It was a long process actually, since the stores obviously had a HUGE supply of figures.  But at least I'm getting them a little cheaper now, and I'm giving my dollars to Target, instead of Walmart, which is always my spending goal.

So now I'll likely just replace many/most of the figures I was just blindly grabbing at during Midnight Madness at a couple WMs.  Gonna be quite a few returns, but oh well.  It's a sickness, I know, but someone's gotta do it, right?

No?  OK then.  Yes, I'm a freak.  :-[

I haven't bought anything since Saturday, but not because of the lack of trying. I'm still in need of a few items. But my question is, are they even re-stocking? The stores I've hit haven't seemed to restock since Saturday morning.

I assume you're talking about figures #33 and above, right Anthony?  'Cause I hit all the same Targets as you, and they had a plethora of everything up to #32 still, which I'm sure you've already obtained.  But I'd be surprised if anyone restocks anything this week though, since there's an absolute glut of product leftover on the pegs right now.  Best bet might be to grab the Target DCPI for the Coll. 2 stuff, and ask if they have any more cases in the back.  They might surprise you and bring a couple out, with some of the higher numbered figures...
« Last Edit: April 6, 2005, 02:32 PM by JediMAC »

Offline amarsella

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 6, 2005, 02:38 PM »
I picked a few Jedis figs on Saturday that I couldn't find at MM.  I think I may go back and get Vader's Med Droid and eyeshadow Anakin. I'll need that droid to go with the Vader/Operating table.  :P

I guess now the trick is just keep checking for any new figs as they start to shopw up.
Put on your old fur coat, it's 1973

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: April 6, 2005, 02:44 PM »
I think I may go back and get Vader's Med Droid...

You haven't actually seen that figure around here yet, have you Ant'?  If so, shoot me a PM and LMK where, since I've yet to have a sniff of #'s 37-40 around SoCal yet.

Offline amarsella

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 6, 2005, 02:59 PM »
I think I may go back and get Vader's Med Droid...

You haven't actually seen that figure around here yet, have you Ant'?  If so, shoot me a PM and LMK where, since I've yet to have a sniff of #'s 37-40 around SoCal yet.

I saw all 4 at MM at the Van Nuys TRU, but that was the last time. I got Mas Amedda but I put back the Med Droid and Polis Massan. I didn't even pick up the AT-TE gunner since I don;t collect Clone Troopers at all. I'm on the lookout for the Med Droid again so if I see any of these I'll grab 'em for you.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 6, 2005, 03:00 PM »
...you passed up the AT-TE Gunner... oh I think I'm gonna be sick.   :)

Offline amarsella

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 6, 2005, 03:11 PM »
...you passed up the AT-TE Gunner... oh I think I'm gonna be sick.   :)

LOL.  Yeah I don't have any Clone Troopers or any prequel army builders at all actually. To me they never looked as cool as the classic Stormtrooper so they never piqued my interest. I;m sorry I passed on Vader's Med Droid now though. :(