Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 254495 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Recent Purchases
« Reply #195 on: June 9, 2005, 01:32 PM »
Bought the Spider Droid today.  Pretty cool!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 9, 2005, 02:10 PM »
That's nothing to ashamed about. I doubt they will ever go to clearance. I have a hard time not buying one everytime I see them. I'm up to 4 already. I figured that since I saw 12 x-wings, I can still play catch up.

I can't believe how well the Gunship is selling.  We've seen 3 total version of this tooling now...I was sure that this third ROTS version would warm the shelves and I would be able to find one on clearance near the end of the movie's run....

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #197 on: June 9, 2005, 05:58 PM »
Well I did buy 2 of the AOTC gunship on clearance for 20 each instead of the original 40.

The thing is that this vehicle has a lot of play value for kids.  One of my co-workers bought one, along with 10 clones, for his kids that usually only like super heroes and they love it.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2005, 08:47 AM »
Surprisingly, found 3-4 of the #41 Clonetrooper yesterday at Wal-mart, so I picked another one up.  At another point, I might have picked up more...but I'm trying to keep the spending under control right now, and plus, there just weren't that many white ones actually on screen in this movie anyways.  It is a really nice figure though.  Our Wal-Mart seems to be scaling back on the Star Wars.  The "feature aisle" display is not split in half, with Fantastic Four inhabiting the other side (which was previously filled with Legos, Attacktix, game controllers, and misc. stuff like that).

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2005, 11:19 AM »
Surprisingly, found 3-4 of the #41 Clonetrooper yesterday at Wal-mart, so I picked another one up.  At another point, I might have picked up more...but I'm trying to keep the spending under control right now, and plus, there just weren't that many white ones actually on screen in this movie anyways.  It is a really nice figure though.  Our Wal-Mart seems to be scaling back on the Star Wars.  The "feature aisle" display is not split in half, with Fantastic Four inhabiting the other side (which was previously filled with Legos, Attacktix, game controllers, and misc. stuff like that).

Same thing happened here, and the 3 3/4" figures went to $4.94 each.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Picked up the Spider Droid, 2 Crab Droids, Stass Allie, White Clone 3-pack and Red Clone 3-pack.  Also received my complete set of Burger King toys from an ebay purchase.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Picked up 3 SA Clones today at Target
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Got 3 SA Clones and a Destroyer Droid at Wal Mart.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2005, 05:35 AM »
yesterday afternoon i came across three fresh cases of deluxe wave three at a michigan wal-mart. the interesting thing is that only one case had the clone 3-pack with the red trooper markings (which i picked up). the other two cases had the all-white 3-packs.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2005, 11:43 AM »
I found a lonely Han with cup yesteday at Target. Quiet weekend.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2005, 08:40 AM »
On Saturday, I found 1 each of the Han and Yoda cup sets, so I picked those up.  I was a little surprised and quite happy to find them, I just like these sets for some reason.  I could do without the $12.99 pricetag though, yikes.  Must have missed out on the Fett, so hopefully these keep shipping/stocking.  I'd hate to be one short ;).  These really aren't bad sets, but with them just including older, rehashed figures, I would think they could keep the pricepoints down a bit more.  Either that, or just releases the glasses without the figures, for a cheaper price ;).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Bought one lonely 41 clone...I'm now up to two   :'(

Offline jediscar

• Youngling
  • You're no good to me dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2005, 12:12 PM »
Does anyone know the case assortments on the Target cups?  Saw 2 Fetts and 2 Solos, but no yodas late last week.  Seems odd to buy the yodas and leave the others....

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2005, 12:38 PM »
I saw the same breakdown on the shelves, so I'm guessing that Yoda has not shipped yet.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2005, 05:41 PM »
I wish Hasbro didn't own me so much.  I can't pass a #41 w/o buying one or two or three....  I bought two last Friday which brings to total to 9 #41's, 8 #6's, 7 #33's and 5 #38's.  I obviously like clones A LOT!  However, I'm so owned that I had my wife pick me up a Ki Adi Mundi because I didn't have it and it's been bugging me cause it's so cool looking.  Besides, I have to have a Jedi for CDR Bacarra to kill when I get 3 of him.   

Blake