Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 254422 times)

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: ROTS Recent Purchases
« Reply #105 on: May 9, 2005, 02:47 AM »
Went searching for the Target clones but nothing. I did pick up the SA Clone #41 and a Clone Commander.  ;D
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 9, 2005, 11:49 AM »
Found a bunch of stuff this morning at the WalMart near my house:

3x SA Articulated CloneTrooper (#41)
2x Wookie Warrior
2x Nemoidian Warrior
2x Destroyer Droid
1x Anakin w/Dooku Lightsaber (corrected Anakin #2)
1x Vulture Droid w/Brown paint scheme (as opposed to blue w/stripes)

They had like five or six cases of C1 Wave 5, I was shocked. The Vulture droid was the only one there and I wanted it only since it is a variant. Don't think I'll pick up a second one to open just yet.

Are all of the SA CloneTroopers slightly "dirty" - all of the ones on the pegs had slight amounts of armor "wear" detailing painted on. They aren't 100% clean and shiny white like the CloneTrooper #6.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 9, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Big weekend for me. Friday I found the 3rd battle arena and on Saturday I scored 41-44, the playset and the bonus figure vehicles at Khols.

Now I just need Anakin's fighter and Wave 2 Delux and I'm caught up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Went back to that same WalMart last night on the way home and was able to score myself a second green/brown Vulture Droid to open.

So now unless it's picking up another couple of Wookie Warriors or SA Clone (#41), here's what I have left:

TRU Exclusive Anakin Starfighter w/Pilot
Figures  #45 - #56
Deluxe Wave 3 (Clones, Stass Allie, Crab & Spider Droids)
Evolution Sets
Battle Packs
500th Vader
Wookie Helicopter
Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter
ROTS Unleashed Wave 2

So unless there's something else coming that we don't know about it looks like there is more behind me (that I've already gotten) than there is ahead of me (stuff I still need to get as it is released).... and the price point on all of the items doesn't exceed $20 - so that's good too.

Finally starting to see the light at the end of the ROTS product on-slaught tunnel.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2005, 01:00 PM »
went to a walmart last night and saw the vulture droid (brown-green), deluxe yoda and deluxe clone with rocket pack; then at one this morning found and got the clone commander and #35 emperor and they had tons of pilots and exploding gen grevious.
 ;D
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2005, 08:23 PM »
I found #44 Destroyer Droid. He was all that was left. Its the least one i wanted from the new 4, but i guess its better than nothing.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2005, 07:27 AM »
Grabbed three Target clones and finally saw a blue royal guard.  Also picked up Wookiee Warrior #2.  Only saw one Neimodian Warrior and about 5 Wookiees.  No SA Clonetrooper or Destroyer Droid, which is weird because I thought that rehashed figure would be a pegwarming from day one.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2005, 09:00 AM »
I found one each of the Destroyer Droid, Wookiee Warrior, and Neimoidian Warrior yesterday at my local Wal-Mart.  They were hanging on the front of the pegs in the (overflowing) SW half-aisle and there was (surprise!) no sign of the Clone whatsoever.  I was walking around in another aisle and found the case that the figures came in (literally) ripped open at the top and lying in the middle of the floor.  Wow.

In case anyone is wondering, the Droideka is practically the exact same figure as the 2002 Saga version.  New copyright date, and the missles have been modified a bit near the nose of the projectile, but otherwise it's the same figure.  The Wookiee is very cool, although mine's right arm keeps coming apart at the elbow joint and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that totem pole thing is used for.  The Neimoidian is cool, but as far as the Big Ass Cannon, WTF?

Hasbro needs to figure out this Clone situation and pronto.  It's not funny anymore (it never was) that the figures that more people are having more trouble finding than anything else are all Clones (Clone 6, Clone Commander, Clone Pilot, AT-TE Gunner, Clone 41, and I'd be willing to be Commander Baccarra is going to be just as hard to locate).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2005, 09:12 AM »

The Wookiee is very cool, although mine's right arm keeps coming apart at the elbow joint and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that totem pole thing is used for. 

I think that totem pole thing is a shield.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2005, 01:40 PM »

The Wookiee is very cool, although mine's right arm keeps coming apart at the elbow joint and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that totem pole thing is used for. 

I think that totem pole thing is a shield.

And what's cool - is that you can un-do his bandolier/harness and put the shield on his back and hold it there with the harness and still have him holding both of his weapons! (I'm big on figures being able to hold ALL of their accessories at once)
Peter

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Found #41-44 today.   ;D  Just got the Wookie and the Clone.  Only dark wookies.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2005, 09:06 AM »
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D Today I went to Target and got me some clone commanders.  They had 6, I got 3, no need to be a clone hog. :P  I also got new wookies warriors.  Both tan and brown, they must be shipping in the same assortment. (Hey Chewie, how many of these are you getting?  They rock)  I didn't buy that rehash destroyer droid or the SA clone trooper.  How different is the SA from #6?  #6 is pretty articulate but I never got the CW SA trooper and I dunno.

Anyway,  they also had every single figure, including senate guard (only saw the red one).  I counted all 44 figures there and wait there is more, they had 36, :o yep 36 target exclusive clones. I didn't get any clones since I got mine back on the 28th.  But their display was impressive.  They are definetily gearing up for next week's big event.  The only thing I did not see was the Mustafar playset.  They had all 3 battle arenas, all the vehicles and the 12" figures.

It was the way 4/2 was meant to be. 

Excuse me while I open my commander,
Gatillo
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2005, 11:08 AM »
yeah I went to my target last night and was astonished to see all that good stuff. vader medical droids, clone commanders, pilots out the ying yang, wookie warrior and neimoidian ; only thing I didn't see was the at-te gunner clone and the SA clone nor the exclusive - Got to get me one of those!
also had the 12" grevious and shak ti doll. plus new deluxes: vader medical table, flying clone, yoda w/ cancel, vulture droid
and they had TWO blue guards.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2005, 11:15 PM »
Found the TRU exclusive Anakin Jedi Starfighter w/Anakin pack-in.

Would have preferred they include an Anakin that could actually SIT in the thing, but the Evolutions set is only a month or two away so that figure will be able to hop ship-to-ship as the pilot I suppose.

Here's hoping that the Obi-Wan Pilot figure has SA and softgoods.

I guess now I'm on break until the Col 2 Wave 4, Unleashed Wave 2, Deluxe Wave 3 all start to show up.
Peter

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2005, 06:15 AM »
Picked up a lone #6 Clone at Walmart.
I remember my dream now.