Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 255327 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Recent Purchases
« Reply #435 on: August 28, 2005, 11:58 AM »
Nice score John!

I bought some calmshells today, the only thing of note that I found this morning.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 28, 2005, 04:59 PM »
got the new target cups today(leia wave)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 29, 2005, 12:08 AM »
Well - impulsively I hit the local KMart at 9:45 PM tonight before it closed.

When I got there I found that they had the freight pallets waiting for the overnight crew to stock the toy section.

On the last pallet I checked was a case of the KMart exclusive Jedi Temple Assault and Imperial Throne Room Battle Packs.

The Jedi Temple assault set is nice. I would have preferred they pack in a #28 Anakin w/Sith Eyes then the #1? Anakin figure. And of course as we've all discussed already, a Gray/White Pilot? Just like with the Shocktrooper repaint of #6, I don't mind these 501st/Special Ops blue troopers being based on the #6 body either. I'm glad they packed in the extra rifles.

The Imperial Throne Room set makes for a nice packaging piece, not much else. These will be sitting at most stores I would think. I would have preferred they included both Dignitaries instead of only one and then a Stormtrooper. Last I checked, a Stormtrooper never entered the Palpatine's throne room on the Death Star II.

In my area they rang up for $27 each. (ouch) and came in a case of 6 sets (3 of each variety). I wouldn't have packed them equally like that. There are bound to be lots of collectors (like myself) who want to grab more than just one or two to build squads of the 501st. I grabbed all three from this case so I could open up two and have six of them to "march" behind Anakin.

So it's 3 Battle Packs down, 4(?) Battle Packs to go.... (Jedi vs. Separatists, Rebels vs. Empire, Hoth Assault & Coruscant Clones - am I forgetting any?)

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 29, 2005, 10:10 AM »
Pete, any indication on quantity of pieces? 2345 of 25,000 listed on the case for example?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 29, 2005, 10:30 AM »
yeah, good Q Lord Anton-I was wondering the same thing.
At least with that info it would be easier to determine if there will be multiple shipments. ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 29, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Pete, any indication on quantity of pieces? 2345 of 25,000 listed on the case for example?

Good question indeed. I'm sorry I didn't take note of it. I tried to take the box with me, but they wouldn't let me take it (odd) so I can't even see if there is anything on the box tonight when I go home.

Sorry.

- Peter
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 29, 2005, 05:52 PM »
Got another Unleashed Vader cuz my first one's arm fell off and the card was damaged.  ???

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 30, 2005, 12:01 AM »

OK Anton I got my case today, (they held it for me till I got there) I demanded the case box as well

Unfortunately there's no indication of Lot quantites ect

the AIM# is 310700366115( this is for 5 pice figs (battle packs)) the item description in the computer doesn't specify whetther these are exclusive or not...it's the same AIM# for the regular battle packs(sith VS ect). So,  if you order it you don't know what you're getting- Luckily, I got the right thing ;) 

The KMART AIM# is the equivelant of the TARGET DCPI#.

At least in my case(CASE Pack of 6,there MAY be cases of 8 out there) there was no indication on the box about how many total quantity there's gonna be-- like what is presumed from the TIE CASE from Target.

Anyway, you can use this AIM# to check store quantities/and order....it worked for me in 2 stores! ;D

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 30, 2005, 04:03 PM »
The KMART AIM# is the equivelant of the TARGET DCPI#.

Your stores must work differently than these lame stores out here in the IE. I was told they don't have any kind of system like that at two different Kmarts.

As for purchases I picked up Clone(Yellow) and Sith Evos today at TRU.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 30, 2005, 08:54 PM »
Yeah I had lazy employees saying the same thing until I talked to the store managers..then wow ..there IS a way to get stuff from a KMART???!! ;D

They were more then ready to take my numbers to punch in.

I know that one of my Targets won't bend an inch for collectors(collectah hatahs) >:(. So they won't even check DCPI's for you-can you believe they work in sales and DON'T wanna make a buck?). Depends on the flexibility/willingness of the store I guess. :-\

The AIM# is legit however

The one thing that impressed me about the Kmart manager in Lancaster is that he actually said "hey I don't care, if I can make a sale then it's good for me"- and I'm thinking ..'that's how ANYONE in sales is supposed to act/think. Unfortunately, the reality is most sales folk don't behave like this. And ...please don't gimme any crap about minimum wage, ect. There's actually plenty of folks willing to work hard for minimum wage(so's as long as they have a job period) So I say fire the folks with the wrong attittudes. Glad I never had the attitude 'like the world owed me something free and handed to me' it's not realistic...hell, I bet if I thought that way I'd still be at minimum too. ::)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 30, 2005, 10:26 PM »
I figure I would have to resort to getting a store manager and all that. I'll have to try tomorrow.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 31, 2005, 01:51 AM »
OK well, GL if they don't want to help you...then, at least you tried everything(legal) ::)

Offline jediscar

• Youngling
  • You're no good to me dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 31, 2005, 02:37 AM »
 hey slothus....u here?   Haven't been ignoring you.  Been really crazy busy.  I got your messages and will call you tomorrow.  What was the favor you needed?  No luck at Disney .  Will call then tomorrow.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 31, 2005, 09:58 AM »
I was able to score a Tie Fighter last night, had to ask an employee to look up the DCPI. Impressive size.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 31, 2005, 01:19 PM »
purchased a M&M Plush Clonetrooper but the price  :'(