Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 257368 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Recent Purchases
« Reply #570 on: October 5, 2005, 01:25 AM »
This morning I was denied the purchase of the Lava figures and the clone 5 pack at Target. They had them, but just didn't want to bring them out. So I sent in my wife later, and she walked out with one of each.

I also bought my first cell phone today. How is this SW related you ask? The last four digits are 1138. ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 5, 2005, 11:35 AM »
Picked up both Lava figs and Clone 5pk from Target last night.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 5, 2005, 06:22 PM »
got a plo koon fighter  8) and almost got the two lava figures from a nice lady but the toy manager took it away from me saying it'll be out on the 16th :'(

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 5, 2005, 06:46 PM »
got a plo koon fighter  8) and almost got the two lava figures from a nice lady but the toy manager took it away from me saying it'll be out on the 16th :'(

Boy that toy manager sure wants to make money for his store doesn't he?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #574 on: October 5, 2005, 08:41 PM »
I picked up both of the Duel at Mustafar / Lava Reflection figures (2 sets) and a 2nd Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack from the local Target tonight!

Also got my first Bly and second Gree in a trade (and opened both of them)!

Definitely a good day!   ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #575 on: October 5, 2005, 08:55 PM »
My ROTS gunship arrived from TRU/Amazon on Saturday.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 5, 2005, 09:41 PM »
Some shocktroopers, some green commanders, Sith eyes Anakin.  Left behind a couple more gunships.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 5, 2005, 09:50 PM »
I ran the numbers for the Target Exclusives today and all were in stock, but they refused to get me a set. 

There are posters throughout the Figure aisle stating they will not locate collectibles out of the back for customers.  Pretty lame.  I can see if I requested multiples but I only wanted one.  Fear of selling on ebay or flea markets at inflated prices.  I told them I wouldnt be getting too rich on a couple figs. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 5, 2005, 09:53 PM »
I ran the numbers for the Target Exclusives today and all were in stock, but they refused to get me a set. 

There are posters throughout the Figure aisle stating they will not locate collectibles out of the back for customers.  Pretty lame.  I can see if I requested multiples but I only wanted one.  Fear of selling on ebay or flea markets at inflated prices.  I told them I wouldnt be getting too rich on a couple figs. 

Here's a trick instead of going to a regular floor or toy associate, go to the electronics deptartment. Tell them you have this number and they will bring em out for you. Thats what I did yesterday and today.

As for "finds" picked up 2 more Clone Battlepacks. One for me as an opener and one for Spudtrooper.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 6, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Picked up two of the Clone Attack on Coruscant and 2 sets of the Lava Duel figures today.

Had quite an adventure trying to get them. All of the exclusives seem to be in, but many stores are holding them for the holiday aisle resets. Which is lame.

If you can get a manager to tell you that they are being held for the 16th, get his/her name and tell him/her you'll be back on the 16th to get one of each item and you'll be asking specifically for him/her for assistance. If the manager replies "we don't hold items..." cut them off and say "but you're holding items you have in stock now."  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 6, 2005, 01:19 AM »
I was able to score another Clone 5-pack today. I opened it and I'm not horribly un-impressed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #581 on: October 6, 2005, 02:34 AM »
I'm not horribly un-impressed.

Probably the most apt way to describe this set.  Not horribly unimpressive.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 6, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Picked up an opener Plo Koon starfighter (box had a hole in it, but since I wanted one to open anyway, I didn't care).

Nice paint-op on the vehicle, too much like Anakin's from the Clone Wars - I guess GL just liked the look and wanted to use it on a starfighter that showed up in a movie.

Can't wait to see if my ROTS Plo Koon figure fits in the cockpit. What do you think the chances are? I'm betting on slim-to-none.  :P  ::)  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #583 on: October 6, 2005, 07:16 PM »
Found a Target store that had two Sith Evolutions, about six or seven Clone Evolutions. That was this morning around 9:30AM. In the back room they had the Clone Attack on Coruscant and Plo Koon Jedi starfighter. The trick is getting someone to look it up and get you one. I took a pass on the ship and the Sith but I did pick up another Clone Evo and the Clone Attack pack.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 6, 2005, 07:24 PM »
I had a very good morning today.  First, I caught up on the basic figures by finding Bly, Gree, Passel and Cat Miin at the local Wal-Mart.  Then, a trip to Target with Jeff's DCPI numbers that have saved me repeatedly these last few months, resulted in my very own Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack and Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter. 

I think the trick is to find someone who doesn't look like they know the first thing about toys, much less Star Wars in particular, with a scanner gun, and ask if they could check stock status for you.  Thankfully, Target has no shortage of attractive young females, and they're usually more than happy to check the numbers for you.  Or, as someone else suggested here, you can always call them on the phone, try to sound all official and say, "I need a stock status check on an item in the toy department, DCPI is 888-88-8888" and see if they will hold it at the Customer Service desk.