Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 254465 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Recent Purchases
« Reply #885 on: April 13, 2006, 05:26 PM »
Found 4 of the Jedi Temple Assult at a local Kmart today (two other collectors split the 4 at another store).  Picked em up since next to a custom, I like these far better than the Tactical Ops Clone.  Pricey at $29.99 minus 10% plus tax. 

If you want/need here is the item number for them:

Make SURE you specify that you want the Jedi Temple Assult as the one with the Emperor was in the case (well, the case had 4 Temple Assults and 2 of the Battle Packs with the Emperor and the Royal Guard).

Edit: Guess I got buyer's remorse and returned to Kmart 3 of the JTA's. Too much money and I already have 2 so that give me 3 or 9 clones and that is a good enough with 4 customs and 6 Tactical Ops. The legion looks decent behind the Evolution Anakin. Now to work on the background diaramha of when they are coming to the top of Temple Stairs.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 08:16 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline artooconvoy

• Youngling
  • Beep Boop Whrrr Weee Doop Bloop Sqweeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    • View Profile
    • These are the Tales of the Defeatist Completist
« Reply #886 on: April 14, 2006, 01:56 PM »
A friend of mine just hooked me up with the Jedi Temple Assault this morning.  They has a couple, so he bought them knowing most of us local guys never saw them or, like me, saw them and didn't buy it since we thought we'd see them more often.
"Three suns aligned, pour forth their light, and fill the archer's bow with might." - Cryotek, Spectral Knight

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 15, 2006, 12:05 PM »
Randomly found a spider droid at WM today for $3. Had to pick it up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 15, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Randomly found a spider droid at WM today for $3. Had to pick it up.

I'd like to add one of those to my CIS army. I should watch those bargain bins.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 17, 2006, 09:45 PM »
Picked up a couple of the JTA BPs at Kmart after work. I almost didn't do it though with that $29.99 price tag :o.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 17, 2006, 09:59 PM »
Picked up a couple of the JTA BPs at Kmart after work. I almost didn't do it though with that $29.99 price tag :o.

$30?! Damn.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 18, 2006, 10:48 PM »
wow didnt know JTA were still hitting  :-X

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #892 on: April 19, 2006, 03:19 AM »
Nor I.  I'll have to watch KM some since they're abundant here.

The $30 tag isn't TOO bad in the grand scheme of things.  If you took the 5 figures at a $5 value, that's $25 right there technically...  Given currently retail, the Clones come out to "fair", though not great prices...  The Anakin is just "extra" then.

If it were 5 Clones the set would be fantastically priced.  As it was I bought one for me and one for a Canucklehead and I passed on more due to price but sort of regret not getting a 2nd since a GOOD 501st Trooper never surfaced IMO.  The Tactical Ops wasn't common, or really any good, so it doesn't count to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #893 on: April 23, 2006, 01:16 AM »
$30 was too rich for my blood (never saw it or the Tac Ops Trooper anyways), so I made my own out of a #41 clone.

Scored a ROTS 3-PO off ebay for a buck tonight.   ;D

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 23, 2006, 03:46 PM »
Within the last week Ive scored 3 JTA Battlepacks.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #895 on: April 23, 2006, 06:20 PM »
Picked up a JTA set today. I wonder if it was stock from last summer or if Hasbro did another run of them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #896 on: April 23, 2006, 11:48 PM »
I haven't been to K-Mart in so long... I think the last time I was in there was when the OT DVD's came out and they had 'em on sale there for $40, and they were sold out on the first day.  I was like, "Are you serious?" and the guy in electronics just shrugged.  There's a lot of shrugging in my town.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 25, 2006, 12:22 PM »
Picked up a JTA set today. I wonder if it was stock from last summer or if Hasbro did another run of them.

I would bet it's another run.  They are showing up all over the country and considering how fast they sell, they've got to be new.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #898 on: April 29, 2006, 05:42 PM »
Thurday I  found Ask, Meenis, Antilles, Wookie Warrior, Medical droid, polis and a few other dudes at Walmart for 50 cents!
great for customizers.
Check out the clearence aisles you may find some treasures........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 30, 2006, 10:39 PM »
I was at Wal Mart checking for VTSCs or maybe a freakishly early restock of normal TSC figures, and instead I discovered, laying around the Star Wars stuff, a SA Clone Trooper! I know he wasn't there, so either the employees found him in some weird part of the store, or someone had it MOC a few months and then returned it.

His card had a small torn place and I think one of the pieces of tape might've been missing from the back, but who cares, because I'm an opener and this figure's great! He's probably the best army-builder I have now, outdoing my evolutions sets. I'm pretty pleased with him :)

He was $5.88 though. Our Wal Mart had a $3 clearance sale back in December on all ROTS figures, but all they had were what I considered bunk stuff (Grievous Bodyguards, a Nemoidian Senator dude, and some other things I forget). Surely figures someone wanted, but nothing I wanted... and this clone sure wasn't in any of that.

I'm pretty happy with him though :)