Author Topic: RotS DVD 3-Packs!  (Read 25425 times)

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: RotS DVD 3-Packs!
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 01:13 AM »
I thought they were only $9.99, then again, I didn't buy any so I can't be sure. I probably won't get any of these either, but I do love the packaging.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 01:19 AM »
I'm not one to be overly negative, but these blow. I'm really surprised sometimes at the lack of quality of the exclusive offerings.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 01:33 AM »
I paid $9.95 or so for the one I got (the Imperial one since I needed Palpy).  I recall that price because I was pleased to get Palpy and the Stormtrooper and what I just basically counted as a "free" Vader I didn't want.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2005, 01:37 AM »
Are you 96% sure Jesse- cause then you can beat Matt? ;)
I guess I'm too damn old to remember back that far(Iknow, I know, it wasn't that long ago right?). Anyway That's what the old Lady tells me all the time- Man, how they conveniently remember non-important things is beyong me!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 01:38 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2005, 01:38 AM »
You know what, I think you guys are right on the $10 per.

OK, yeah, you guys were definitely right on the $10 per, on both the OT and CW sets.  Hopefully that stays the same.  Phew!  Don't know where I got that $15 idea from, but glad I was flat-out wrong, 'cause that puts another $20 back in my pocket!  8)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 01:41 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2005, 01:41 AM »
I'm 97% positive The Clone Wars were 3 figs -however clueless on price but know it wasn't (I wish) 10$. :-X
I'm sure we'll pay at least 15$ since you can only get it at WM right?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2005, 01:43 AM »
I was actually just editing my prior post to reflect that Jon, after finally getting off my lazy ass and actually looking it up in the CW forum.  ;)  $10 per.  I can probably stomach that.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 01:49 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2005, 01:45 AM »
I didn't understand what you meant but..it sounded ;D funny LOL!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2005, 01:51 AM »
 After finally getting off my sloth/ass and searching my thin memory banks I realize that I got The CW through a trade from Steve-the first set was the only ones I got in the store and ..man, that was soooo many ****** Hasbro figs ago. :-[

While pondering this I came upon a second realization that...I like the lower price too.. and yeah, I just shut up now :-X

Wow after all that thinking I need to hit the sloth-sac. zzzZZZZ

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2005, 05:30 AM »
Well, looks like this will be something I pass on.  If I pick it up it will be an impulse buy, nothing more.

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2005, 09:00 AM »
I'm not sure if I'll be picking these up or not, but I might get one.  The figures aren't anything overly exciting to me, since most of us already have them, but the price is quite good for someone who doesn't.  I have kind of liked the way these DVD packs have been packaged, and I might pick up at least one just for that.  I saw all three of the OT packs, and picked up the ESB one, and also saw the Clone Wars packs but didn't end up buying any of those.  The packaging on these looks kind of neat though, so we'll see.  They seemed to sell pretty well around here too, especially the OT DVD packs.  I did see a few of the CW packs get clearanced, hidden away on one of Wal-Marts "back" toy aisles.  Overall though, $9.96 for three figures isn't too bad of a deal, and the way they are displayed towards the front of the store with the DVD (when it is released), it is probably a good "impulse buy" for casual buyers/non-collectors.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2005, 02:24 PM »
I passed on all the others so probably these as well. If anything the clone set, but i am uncertain still.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mr.MojoRisin

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Execute Order 66
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2005, 04:26 PM »
Have to admit, I'll probably be getting them.
Execute Order 66: www.execute-order66.com

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2005, 05:15 PM »
I passed on the OTC packs at first, but then went back and got the ANH one (4 figs for $3 c'mon!). Never saw the CW ones. I'll get these if they clearance. Otherwise... not likely.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2005, 08:22 PM »
For me - just like the DVD and Clone Wars packs - these sets will be one of the VERY few items where I only get one of each different pack (instead of my typical two). The figures are identical, I have no need to have a set of 3-packs opened.

I do like the artwork on the package. Thank goodness there isn't anything really "new" about these, otherwise people would probably be more upset about these coming out.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!