Author Topic: Your First custom...  (Read 9537 times)

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
  • I Warn You Not to Under Estimate my Power !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Your First custom...
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 07:13 PM »
Thanks Greg !!  ;D

That's the original tunic. I cut the back off and heated it up, bent it into shape and ran cold water over it . Did the same to his legs !!
The New Sandcrawler Workshop

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
What was your first custom? post it here. This was mine
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 05:27 PM »
Dagobah Vader

POTF2 Vader

Stormtrooper Luke face

Cut away vader helmet, cut Lukes face in half and trimmed to fit the Vader helmet. Filled in gap with a non drying clay and colored in clay with a black Sharpie. This figure is about 11 years old and like I said..a NON-Drying clay..so yes it is still soft around the face.

For those of you that have seen my other Vaders my skills have greatly improved and so have my supplies. All I had on hand this day was my Dad's old xacto knife, the clay and the Sharpie I dug out of a drawer.

I have posted this over at FFURG as well in hopes of getting alot of participation. I think it's fun to see how we have progressed in our skills and show newcomers that we didn't all start of with some super duper custom right out the box.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 05:05 PM »
My first custom which I don't have anymore was a Snowspeeder Dash Rendar. I was playing Shadows of the Empire at the time and thoguht it would be a cool figure. Wish I still had it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Great topic.  My first custom was using a ROTS figure I found on clearance. I bought some paints and very carefully painted her. But, I didn't know you could paint over the joints, and as a result there are a lot of blue spots. Check out this monster:

lol :-X
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:57 PM by CommanderKorbra »
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 1, 2007, 12:47 AM »
I hope my painting has improved over this:

Talk about superchunky...

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 1, 2007, 01:10 AM »
My first custom was actually a repaint of a ROTS commander into a wanna-be Commander Bly. This is around the time the first ROTS figures came out.

I didn't like it (looked more like Commander Banana  :o).

I repainted it and made a camoflaged commander. I was also still getting used to using my new digital camera at the time. :-\