Author Topic: Wal-Mart CW Volume II DVD 3-packs  (Read 40849 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart CW Volume II DVD 3-packs
« Reply #45 on: December 2, 2005, 11:00 AM »
Hey I'm only DP ing because no one else replied. I hope to see these sets soon.
DEC 6th is release date for DVD, ironically tuesdays are when Wal Marts receive DVD shipments. Gonna hit WM's late monday and early tues.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #46 on: December 3, 2005, 10:26 PM »
I find it odd the ROTS sets leaked early, and no one seems to have found these yet.

That's weird.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 5, 2005, 02:11 AM »
Agreed.  The Official Site said these were to hit Wal-Mart on December 1st, so they should be out anytime - possibly Tuesday (is that the day that the DVD is released?)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 5, 2005, 02:49 AM »
Yes, that's when I'll look for them...tommorrow nite late...(Tuesdays is when WM gets new DVD shipments) I heard the same for Suncoasts stores as well

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 5, 2005, 09:23 PM »
If everyone finds them tomorrow, I'll going to be shocked that absolutely no one leaked them before the DVD release.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #50 on: December 5, 2005, 09:42 PM »
If anyone could please pick up an extra set, I would be super grateful.  Here in the NYC area, we really don't have any Wal-Marts.  Thanks-Speedermike
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 6, 2005, 01:29 AM »
these better hit tommorrow cuz i'll be sad waking up early at 6 to find only the DVD without the 3 packs  :(
plus i have to study for a Final later during the day  ::)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 6, 2005, 08:15 AM »
Just left the Chillicothe, OH Walmart and no three packs available.  They didn't even have a display for the DVD.  They were setting up the Dukes of Hazard and the Fantastic Four ones.  I need the UPC for these once someone finds them so I can go back and give it to the toy department person.  I guess they aren't at the Walmart in Escanaba, MI either so this will be interesting.
Beth

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 6, 2005, 10:15 AM »
I knew I was getting antsy for a reason not seeing any of these "break" early.....
went last nite after midnite and 0 out of 4 stores had these in my SOCAL stores. I really wanted to get extra sets to put more figs in the kids' socks for Christmas :(.
Not only do I want them but that is my extra motivation for getting them BEFORE the holiday

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 6, 2005, 12:08 PM »
They hit PR WM and were found only on the display. I applaud Wal Mart for not breaking them early, but I guess it's possible that they were packed with the display which had DVD release instructions.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #55 on: December 6, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Similar situation up here - 1 of the 5 that I checked this morning had the CW display.

Even though they were tough to track down, at least these followed the pattern of the other 3 packs (with ROTS being the exception) and hit on street date and in a the DVD section, where scalpers don't bother to look. The store I found them at had been open for an hour and none had been purchased yet.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 6, 2005, 02:59 PM »
I had the same result this morning as when I went to get the Episode 3 DVD packs - 3 different Wal*Marts, 3 of the same blank stares.  ::)

Anyone picks up extras, let me know.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 6, 2005, 03:39 PM »
I picked up the DVD and these sets this morning too, but they were pretty much hidden from view.  I went early in the morning before work, and they only have one entrance "open" then...the one near the grocery side of the store.  They had the usual DVD set up on that corner, featuring Fantastic Four, so I walked to the other entrance side (by the toys/home and garden) and just kept my eyes open.  They had a half pallet display with the DVDs (both volumes) and figure packs, right next to the eye center/front door.  You'd see them if you came in that way, but since that entrance is closed until 8, I would have missed them had I not been looking that way.  I think I was the first one to find them (or first one interested), as it didn't look like anything had been bought yet.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 6, 2005, 11:54 PM »
i love the packing on these...looks wayyy better than the ROTS 3 pack with the flaming background

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 7, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Nice to see someone get these sets, as before these will never show up here in Canada.  :'(