Author Topic: Animal Icons- Star Wars Creatures  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
Animal Icons- Star Wars Creatures
« on: August 26, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Catch this on the Animal Planet:
"Animal Icons
Star Wars Creatures

Ewoks, wookies, Jabba the Hutt  George Lucas' "Star Wars" menagerie comes to life as animal experts and rare footage illustrate the real-life origins of these exotic fantasy creatures."

On Air (et):

Aug 26 2005
@ 08:00 PM

Aug 26 2005
@ 11:00 PM

Aug 27 2005
@ 03:00 AM

Aug 27 2005
@ 01:00 PM

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Icons- Star Wars Creatures
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 12:47 AM »
This was on a few months ago, if I'm not mistaken... I remember seeing it before. They had an entire week of movie animals and such. It was pretty entertaining.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 04:22 AM »
I'll tell ya what, like a nimrod I forgot to watch it every time and missed it basically, but I caught some stuff at the end and this was a REALLY in-depth program.

I was thinking it'd be more animal planet than Star Wars, and really would only glancingly compare SW animal life sparsely to earth animal life.  HOw wrong I was for that little bit I saw.

Of particular interest was them describing Wookiee's and how in-depth LFL went into their backgrounds.  It was addressed how Kashyyyk was (as Lucas wanted it) to be a jungle world...  I felt it kept to EU well, and Lucas's early visions of the planet, but someone brought up that Wookiee's would be hot with all that fur, but the orangatan's (sp) were used as a counter-argument due to their habitats and physiology...  Fascinating.

PLUS it confirmed something I wasn't sure was "true" or not, but that Chewbacca indeed is a runt.  That Lucas explained the Wookiee's to the production people and said that basically fans would be surprised to see Chewbacca is very small for his species, and that true Wookiees are the gargantuans we got with the preview action figure while some are smaller and of course there's in-between I suppose.

That makes Chewie's character a lot more loveable knowing that he's not the bruiser Han pimps him out to be, but more or less just a friend...  It's the REAL Wookiee's you need to watch out for while playing them at holo-chess. 

I wish I'd caught the full show now.  That was a valuable resource I felt.  Worth having on DVD.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 03:42 PM »
I was unable to record it :-\, and thought it was well worth watching. Hope to see it aired again in the coming months, would really like to have that one in the dvd library.